Thoughts on Sanctuary lounger for Glacier Bay and/or College Fjord?

Inmn

I am looking for pros and cons of getting a Sanctuary lounger for either of these cruise days during my Alaska cruise in June. We'll be on the island princess and already have a balcony, but the extra service sounds enticing. Thanks!!

I would never do it. I want to move around, depending on the views and would never confine myself to one area. I like Deck 7 Promenade (lower decks make better pictures) and it is never crowded. There is also free forward viewing if you look up the decks to go outside.

We did the Sanctuary on the Island Princess last year and really enjoyed it. They came around several times throughout the day with different food and beverages. When it rained a little, they brought umbrellas to each lounger. They came around and took a photo that was included with the day's package. To each their own but we would definitely do again.

We've done the Sanctuary for over a total of 30 days on multiple Caribbean cruises but never on an Alaska cruise (we've been twice on the Coral with another scheduled for next year on the Ruby probably). The Sanctuary is a great place to rest and chill out on a sea day but Glacier Bay and College Fjord are more like excursions but you just stay on the ship. In order to view them you need to be up and moving from side to side and front to back. The Coral and the Island have wonderful front viewing decks (at least I don't think the Island lost them in the renovation) and the Coral has 'free' rear viewing decks (the Island lost those in the renovation but I believe the Sanctuary is now located on the aft of both ships). The running commentary by the Park Service rangers (in Glacier Bay) and by the shipboard naturalists in both locations will cover both the scenery and wildlife (on land and sea). I remember in Glacier Bay on our first cruise, we were passing a glacier soon after entering the Bay on the port side when the naturalist came on the PA interrupting the ranger discussion of the glacier and announced the Captain had spotted a grizzly on the beach on the starboard side. A thousand people (or more) ran across the ship from one side to the other - in a cartoon we would have flipped the ship!

Strongly suggest getting loungers in the Lotus Pool area. Free, nicely padded indoor pool area with great view through the glass. Step outside aft or on the upper level to take pictures. Not reserved seating. While the Sanctuary is nice and has some services, it can be COLD out there. And they do charge extra for Glacier Bay. We usually just carry buffet food back there since people do tend to hog the tables in the buffet.

Strongly suggest getting loungers in the Lotus Pool area. Free, nicely padded indoor pool area with great view through the glass. Step outside aft or on the upper level to take pictures. Not reserved seating. While the Sanctuary is nice and has some services, it can be COLD out there. And they do charge extra for Glacier Bay. We usually just carry buffet food back there since people do tend to hog the tables in the buffet.

Not all ships have indoor pool. Ruby does not have an indoor pool. Also no Sabatini's nor Alfredos. Strange for such a big ship........

Not all ships have indoor pool. Ruby does not have an indoor pool. Also no Sabatini's nor Alfredos. Strange for such a big ship........

OP was asking about Island.