If you purchase liquor on final evening; carry out?

LMaxwell

I know on cruises less than 5 or 6 days if you purchase liquor they do not deliver to your room and you have to go collect it on disembarkation morning.

However, I have been on cruises on other lines where I will buy a bottle at the liquor store after dinner, between 8pm or 10pm, and they will wrap it for carry out then and there. I take it back to the room packaged and walk off the next morning with it.

Does Carnival do that? If I can get it packaged to go the final night, I will buy.

I know on cruises less than 5 or 6 days if you purchase liquor they do not deliver to your room and you have to go collect it on disembarkation morning.

However, I have been on cruises on other lines where I will buy a bottle at the liquor store after dinner, between 8pm or 10pm, and they will wrap it for carry out then and there. I take it back to the room packaged and walk off the next morning with it.

Does Carnival do that? If I can get it packaged to go the final night, I will buy.

We have done it in the pat but it was a while ago when we were staying in our condo before and after. At that time, they boxed it up and handed over.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks.

Anyone with experience recently specifically on the Victory? I don't want to drink the liquor onboard, I just want to purchase later in evening on final night and not have to go back in the morning to pick up. If I have to return in the AM to pick up I'm not likely to purchase anything at all.

Thanks.

Anyone with experience recently specifically on the Victory? I don't want to drink the liquor onboard, I just want to purchase later in evening on final night and not have to go back in the morning to pick up. If I have to return in the AM to pick up I'm not likely to purchase anything at all.

My experience on Carnival Pride three weeks ago was the liquor I ordered earlier in the week was delivered at 7 PM on the last night of the cruise. I was glad they had gotten rid of the "picking it up the next morning" nonsense. So what if some people sample a little bit on the last night of the cruise; it's their's, they bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My experience on Carnival Pride three weeks ago was the liquor I ordered earlier in the week was delivered at 7 PM on the last night of the cruise. I was glad they had gotten rid of the "picking it up the next morning" nonsense. So what if some people sample a little bit on the last night of the cruise; it's their's, they bought it.

I think on the 3 and 4 night cruises they still make you pick up final morning if your purchase most any other time; there is no delivery service. But if delivery returns, hey, I'm good with that too.

I like to go to MDR for breakfast and then walk off and if necessary go straight to work. Standing in a liquor collection line in the morning to save a few bucks off land prices will stop me from buying.

I think on the 3 and 4 night cruises they still make you pick up final morning if your purchase most any other time; there is no delivery service. But if delivery returns, hey, I'm good with that too.

I like to go to MDR for breakfast and then walk off and if necessary go straight to work. Standing in a liquor collection line in the morning to save a few bucks off land prices will stop me from buying.

I agree. The reason I bought liquor on this last cruise was because they told me the policy had changed back to final night delivery. On my previous cruise, I gave it a pass.

Good to hear. I quit buying it when they started that pick up on the last morning crap!

Good to hear. I quit buying it when they started that pick up on the last morning crap!

Yes, waiting in line ONE TIME was enough to stop us from purchasing it on board. I think many people forgot their liquor and the staff got a free party!;p

I was on a 5 day Elation and I stopped by late on the last night to ask if I bought my bottles now if I could take them back. The employee said no, only on 7 day or longer would they do that..

I had to go pick it up my two bottles early on Debarkation day... not fun, since we did self assist and I was lugging a suit case all over the place..

I was on a 5 day Elation and I stopped by late on the last night to ask if I bought my bottles now if I could take them back. The employee said no, only on 7 day or longer would they do that..

I had to go pick it up my two bottles early on Debarkation day... not fun, since we did self assist and I was lugging a suit case all over the place..

The moral of the story is don't buy any liquor on a five or six day cruise - at least not from the onboard gift shop. Boycott the duty-free liquor on board and purchase it when you are ashore. When Carnival sees that they are delivering duty-free liquor from the Bahamas and their onboard sales are zero - they will get the message.

The moral of the story is don't buy any liquor on a five or six day cruise - at least not from the onboard gift shop. Boycott the duty-free liquor on board and purchase it when you are ashore. When Carnival sees that they are delivering duty-free liquor from the Bahamas and their onboard sales are zero - they will get the message.

Well, for the price difference, i was not passing up the deal. 2 1 litter bottles of woodford reserve for $54 total. Even buying in KY, that would be $80, in NC its more like $95.

Walking upstairs was worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Do they deliver alcohol bought in ports? I thought you'd still have to go to the collection line for that.

You still have to go collect it.

Yes, that's right. You still have to collect it the last morning of the cruise. However if Carnival notes that most of the liquor collected that morning comes from port merchants it sends them the message that people are not happy with Carnival for not delivering it to their rooms.

Yes, that's right. You still have to collect it the last morning of the cruise. However if Carnival notes that most of the liquor collected that morning comes from port merchants it sends them the message that people are not happy with Carnival for not delivering it to their rooms.

I knew where you were going with it. I doubt they will care one way or another. Its less work for them and most people take the easiest route by buying on board.