Nachi Cocum?

jcguidry

Is it usually okay not to book Nachi in advance? If not, how late can you wait? We know they limit the number but we don't want to book out in advance and show up to a rainy day. We have had that before in Cozumel but we were SCUBA diving so the rain did not matter. We were with some people on our last cruise who spent $400+ on a family beach day in Nassau and it rained all day with high winds. They were not thrilled, but what can you do :(

We would prefer to make other plans if the weather does not cooperate.

Not sure they take walk ups and the longer you wait the more chances it will be booked for the day. You can wait to book until just before you sail, but it sounds like a pay as you go beach club like Paradise Beach or the Money Bar might be a better option for you.

Not sure they take walk ups and the longer you wait the more chances it will be booked for the day. You can wait to book until just before you sail, but it sounds like a pay as you go beach club like Paradise Beach or the Money Bar might be a better option for you.

Thanks, but we do not really want to do pay as you go. I figure we will try to book at the last minute and if it is full we will do something else. I was just wondering if people had been successful at doing "day of" or if has been fully booked lately. FWIW, we have been Cozumel at least a dozen times or more. We have been to Sanchos and a few others but never to Nachi. We would rather miss it than sit in the rain all day for $100. We would just find an indoor hangout or stay on board.

Thanks, but we do not really want to do pay as you go. I figure we will try to book at the last minute and if it is full we will do something else. I was just wondering if people had been successful at doing "day of" or if has been fully booked lately. FWIW, we have been Cozumel at least a dozen times or more. We have been to Sanchos and a few others but never to Nachi. We would rather miss it than sit in the rain all day for $100. We would just find an indoor hangout or stay on board.

I think it is rarely fully booked unless there are a lot of ships in port or it is booked for a private event. It used to be that taxi drivers wouldn't take you up the drive way to check availability unless you had a printed reservation but I haven't heard people say that so much recently. Not sure if you could phone in advance from the port to ask about availability? they are also the beach club for several of the in town small hotels (hence the prices on the menu) but I don't know if they have a direct communication method for checking availability on the day.

I totally understand your concern about paying in advance and not wanting to go in the rain. It is rare that it would rain all day but it can happen. I have visited Cozumel by land and cruise ship and had odd days that were cold and windy, or wet and not what I consider pleasant beach days. My son and GF booked Nachi and had a day just like that. They enjoyed the day but didn't come back to give the glowing reviews shared by many.

Maybe look at one of the AI hotel day passes - at least you have more inside facilities available usually?

Is it usually okay not to book Nachi in advance? If not, how late can you wait? We know they limit the number but we don't want to book out in advance and show up to a rainy day. We have had that before in Cozumel but we were SCUBA diving so the rain did not matter. We were with some people on our last cruise who spent $400+ on a family beach day in Nassau and it rained all day with high winds. They were not thrilled, but what can you do :(

We would prefer to make other plans if the weather does not cooperate.

EBFURR- Since Nachi takes reservations $11 PP and the balance is due the day of, why not reserve a space and if it rains be a no show. At most you are out $22.

Happy Sailing

EBFURR- Since Nachi takes reservations $11 PP and the balance is due the day of, why not reserve a space and if it rains be a no show. At most you are out $22.

Happy Sailing

Keep in mind no "No Shows" will be charged in full. They even post this twice on their website but don't state how late you can cancel to just lose deposit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seeing the posts about it being relaxing and quiet is very appealing for our next cruise. This trip we will prefer the sounds of nature e.g. birds, waves, wind but when there is loud music with too much bass (thump, thump, thump) it is really takes away from our zen. ;) We do like music, and a party, but when we look to relax we really like just some light background music and the sounds of nature. Is there any music played at Nachi?

Seeing the posts about it being relaxing and quiet is very appealing for our next cruise. This trip we will prefer the sounds of nature e.g. birds, waves, wind but when there is loud music with too much bass (thump, thump, thump) it is really takes away from our zen. ;) We do like music, and a party, but when we look to relax we really like just some light background music and the sounds of nature. Is there any music played at Nachi?

No music played - on one visit, while practicing my Spanish at the swim up bar, there was a radio playing a soccer match quietly in the background. Enjoy! ;)

I was at Nachi Cocum March 2016 and I was drugged. I am a middle aged female and had a reservation for just myself but had taken a taxi over with three other people. I had a pina colada & some guac (never even got to the other food) and within 10 minutes it was apparent what had happened. Fortunately I was able to immediately get a taxi back to the ship (Celebrity Constellation) although I was very much struggling. I made myself vomit and pieces of pills were in the guac. I had not eaten anything but a danish earlier, It took about 24 hours before I returned to normal. It was likely Xanax that had been crushed (I say this with confidence as I have knowledge of Rx meds because of my job). Since that time I have found dozens of people who have had similar things occur in Cancun & Cozumel at different day resorts and hotels and bars. My advice is to take your water off the ship with you along with a protein bar or some granola and do not eat off the ship. I was one of the lucky ones.

I was at Nachi Cocum March 2016 and I was drugged. I am a middle aged female and had a reservation for just myself but had taken a taxi over with three other people. I had a pina colada & some guac (never even got to the other food) and within 10 minutes it was apparent what had happened. Fortunately I was able to immediately get a taxi back to the ship (Celebrity Constellation) although I was very much struggling. I made myself vomit and pieces of pills were in the guac. I had not eaten anything but a danish earlier, It took about 24 hours before I returned to normal. It was likely Xanax that had been crushed (I say this with confidence as I have knowledge of Rx meds because of my job). Since that time I have found dozens of people who have had similar things occur in Cancun & Cozumel at different day resorts and hotels and bars. My advice is to take your water off the ship with you along with a protein bar or some granola and do not eat off the ship. I was one of the lucky ones.

Well that gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling about our reservation in Oct. I mainly drink beer, so may be fine there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I was just there in April & had several cocktails. I had no problems at all. It was a very lovely, relaxing day.

One thing to keep in mind, this resort has visitors from cruise ships every single day. And rarely has there been a problem as described above. So, I wouldn't let that deter you from booking a visit there. If I was traveling solo, I think I would be cautious every where I went. But, I wouldn't let that keep me from enjoying my vacation.

We were there 2 weeks ago and had a very enjoyable trip. It was our 5th or 6th time there. The food is wonderful! A storm had come through the day before, so the beach had plenty of seaweed. But they had a gentleman raking the entire time we were there. It was a quiet and relaxing day. You can rent water mats to float on. I think they were $7 per day. Enjoy!

Posted this in another thread; copying to here.

We've been to Nachi 6 times and will be back next month. Never had any issues with the food. My wife has celiac's and they've even accommodated her allergy great. The poor woman who got sick last year posted:

Posted March 13th, 2016, 03:32 PM

Heads up on Nachi. I was there last Tuesday from Celebrity Constellation. I had one pina colada and the guacamole. Within about 30 minutes I began to feel rather queasy. Then I became nauseated and quickly left. I barely got back to the ship before I became violently ill. This lasted about two hours. Once the food / drink came back up, I was fine. Clearly, if u go, I would not eat or drink. I spoke to one other person that was there that day from my ship and the same thing happened to her and her family. It was not noro as we were fine once we got the food out our tummies. So a big word of warning!!

Bit of an association fallacy to now believe something different because of the alcohol problem that happened on the mainland.

I am wondering about the previous comments about being seated next to an extended family with many kids, cigar smokers, etc...

(both of which we would not find desirable)

Surely one can be seated, or move, to any available area that they wish???

That just sounds odd...

When we went we could sit where ever we wanted to and move anytime we wanted to

• 2 weeks later...

There is no music of any kind played at Nachi by the resort. Unfortunately, you may have fellow guests who feel the need to blare music. Out of probably 5 or 6 trips to Nachi in the last few years, on our last trip we had a full wedding party in their 20's who felt the need to blast their country-pop music all day - and staff would not address it. :rolleyes: They also consistently dragged their loungers directly in front of ours to block our view - staff would have them move back to their palapa, but they would move it back as soon as staff left. :mad: This is the only problem we've ever had with Nachi - other than this we have always had a peaceful, heavenly day with delicious food, great drinks, and beautiful scenery. It's one of my favorite places - as long as there are no rowdy wedding parties crashing it. :p Looking forward to heading back later this month.