Guarantee room assingment?

We booked an inside guarantee room and have been assigned a room #. Can this change?

Yes, it is possible it could change, but very unlikely.

Also, if you are booked under US/Canadian rules, they will normally let you change to any available stateroom in the same exact category as the stateroom to which you have been assigned.

Ended up with a Promenade Stateroom. We have 2 rooms, one we choose the location of and the other one we didn't care and pocketed the extra money by booking a guarantee.

Thanks for the info on changing locations within the exact category. Not many promenade staterooms so don't expect any to be available this close to departure date.

I think the room is ok. It would not have been my first pick at promenade rooms but is it better then an inside cabin, I think. Time will tell. Lucky it isn't the room I will be in but our kids. 17 3/4 and 15 year old, 9th cruise for them and they have always had their own room. This will be the first that we will not be on the same floor/close by but have no problem with it . Why we went ahead and booked a guarantee room for them.

I think the room is ok. It would not have been my first pick at promenade rooms but is it better then an inside cabin, I think. Time will tell. Lucky it isn't the room I will be in but our kids. 17 3/4 and 15 year old, 9th cruise for them and they have always had their own room. This will be the first that we will not be on the same floor/close by but have no problem with it . Why we went ahead and booked a guarantee room for them.

Not sure as this has never applied to us but I thought under a certain age you had to have kids in nearby cabins to you.

I believe Under 21are supposed to be in a cabin close to the adult booking them per RC rules. I am surprised they moved the children. Though if it is brought up, you could simply put one adult in each cabin, then switch once on baord.

Ended up with a Promenade Stateroom. We have 2 rooms, one we choose the location of and the other one we didn't care and pocketed the extra money by booking a guarantee.

Thanks for the info on changing locations within the exact category. Not many promenade staterooms so don't expect any to be available this close to departure date.

You booked a guarantee interior and ended up with a Promenade Interior? That's pretty much the highest grade of interior. That's pretty fortunate.

I have heard that once you have an assignment, you are allowed to switch to a similar grade room.

Not similar, exact category only.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, I have been watching all day long and an exact category opened up and I called and it took 3 min and they were able to change rooms to a higher floor which is just awesome!