2018 World Cruise

rafinmd

I was just looking on the HAL web site and was surprised to see that they shoe availability on the 2018 World Cruise. I thought both the full World Cruise and all segments had been completely sold out. I wonder if we are coming to the deadline for an early payment discount and some people realized they either didn't want to or were unable to do it chose this time to cancel.

If anyone was considering it and still interested it might be worth a look. It didn't look like a great selection of cabins but might be worth checking.

Roy

It was sold out as of the second week of January. In the last few weeks a few cabins have become available. The deadline for the early payment discount was the end of May. We have had a few people drop out on the roll call but we have gained more than we lost.

The prices have really increased. I booked a DA cabin (with solo supplement), the E cabins now are going for 50% more (with solo supplement) than I paid!

Wow, you're right! The price is significantly higher. :eek::eek::eek:

What was the earlier price for a Vista Suite? Now it is around $42,000, if I remember correctly. Although the website shows that only the inside cabins are sold out, when I tried to make a dummy booking for a balcony, the message came up: "This itinerary is no longer available."

So the Vista Suite has jumped at least $5,000 pp, with no pre-paid gratuities, luggage delivery, etc., etc. I think HAL is pretty sure that the cruise will be sold out, if it is not already. Thanks for the info.

Interesting, I received a Cunard brochure for the 2019 QV world cruise, 103 nights, R/T FLL to NYC, via Cape Town. Price for a Balcony if $24,838. Big difference from the $41,000. The QV's balcony, however, is smaller than the Amsterdam's Vista Suite. Tempting. However, it does not go to Japan, China, or Korea. Still, a side trip would be possible.

As of the brochure I used in October 2016 the prices for the WHOLE 2018 WC were "from":

Interior - $18,499

Ocean-view - $20,999

Vista Suite - $36,599

Neptune Suite - $71,199

The prices were actually lower for the 2017'WC. I know the cheapest inside was advertised at $16,900.

The prices were actually lower for the 2017'WC. I know the cheapest inside was advertised at $16,900.

It is possible that the lower priced cabins in these categories are all sold out & all that is left are the higher priced ones. This could account for the current floor ("from") price being somewhat higher than before. Especially since this entire cruise was sold out at one time, so what is being offered must be cabins abandoned by potential passengers who had reserved them. Just a guess; its also possible of course that HAL is just cashing in on what has turned out to be a very popular voyage.