Why do you sail Carnival and I don't think it's for the vifp benefits

NOSaints1

We started sailing Carnival because they were family-friendly and the least expensive cruise out there for us. We stayed through 6 cruises because of this. When I was looking for out next cruise for Summer 2018 they weren't the cheapest anymore. In fact, they came in roughly the same price or only a bit lower (couple hundred bucks maybe) than NCL and RCCL.

Then I decided to check out MSC which I have been reading a lot about. They are launching a brand new ship in 2018 just for the US market. We priced out the trip we wanted on Vista (8 day Southern) and the Seaside (15 day b2b East/West). The Seaside came out to only $300 more for 6 more days same cabin category with prepaid gratuities. Also, we would each get 12 vouchers which can be used for soda, wine, beer, cocktails and gelato! It was an easy decision.

I'm loyal to my wallet.

We usually end up choosing Carnival because of the price and the itineraries. It's usually easier to find trips with fewer sea days on Carnival for whatever reason. I enjoy port intensive trips (2 sea days or less on a 7 day cruise)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Especially with the staterooms, is the price for two people or pp

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The website is a mess. The initial price is per person but when you go to do a booking and put in your exact number, room category and "experience" then you will get the total plus a breakdown with taxes/port fees. We figure for the price and the length of the trip we will give them a whirl. Plus the water park they are building blows anything Carnival has out of the water!

Without a doubt PRICE ! With 30 cruises on Carnival I'm very familiar with the way they do things . . . I enjoy the now minimum PLATINUM perks . . . no surprises. :-)

I cruise solo a lot so I was interested in the Epic and Breakaway SOLO cabins on NCL, but found they were pretty much sold out unless you booked years in advance. And still the price of an inside on Carnival paying the double occupancy "penalty" was about the same. So for now it's Carnival.

Been on RCCL, Carnival, NCL, and Celebrity. Out of all those lines, Carnival, in my opinion, had the best kids' programs. I have 2 young children and we don't cruise for ourselves anymore. It's all about the kids.

Whenever I compared carnival was cheaper$

Only when you can book months in advanced. My company has a policy where I can only request time off at a maximum of 6 weeks, minimum of two weeks. Other wise Carnival is not any cheaper than the other cruise lines.

Economics pure and simple. I have sailed Disney and Celebrity and while they are undeniably swankier, this is not a particularly important factor for me at this point in my life. I am glad there are cruise options that fit a range of tastes and budgets. My taste is pretty low-end and I always try to visit the grittier non-tourist areas when I travel (after researching the safety factor of course). This is just what I like. I enjoy a little character and a little garish spectacle rather than a lot of tasteful, soothing beige.

If the prices were all the same, I would travel on any cruise line, because I also like variety. For Alaska in a couple of years we will probably do another line because Celebrity, Holland America and Princess all have prices competitive or better than Carnival in this market.

The only reason I sail ANY cruise line is that they're going someplace I want to go for a price I'm willing to pay. If I should happen to reach any status at all, that's a bonus, but it isn't my goal when I book a cruise.

April 2019 and a balcony cabin

Sent from my iPad using Forums

April of 2019 has not opened up yet for bookings. The latest at this point is 3/23-3/30. For a balcony stateroom, brochure rates pp are 1069 for Bella, 1179 for Fantastica, 1619 for Aurea. All need 142 added for port charges. You get 50 in OBC and wifi and mealtime drinks as included promos with a balcony cabin. Another option is the YachtClub, where you can get an inside for 1669, with 150 in OBC, so it's basically the same as an Aurea balcony. If you imbibe, the YC also gets you drinks all over the ship as well as their own dedicated restaurant. It's similar to the Haven on NCL, but on a budget. Check their website as well as you tube for videos. Here is a link to the online brochures for MSC.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Brochures/Our-Brochures.aspx

You tube review.

Until later in life, right now it is 100% about price. I find the sailing that is the lowest cost pp/day and go with it. Right now it is almost always week long from Galveston. Flights to Houston for us are usually under $150/pp round trip. That wins.

I sailed Vista in April because I have kids, the ship has great pools, waterworks, and the ports were appealing. However the price was high and there was no real deal or value even booking 13 months out. For 2019 I searched for my Panama Canal cruise. 2019 Carnival Freedom (older ship 2006) 14 day for four inside cabin deck 2 is $6700 for everything (taxes, grats, vaca protection). Norwegian Bliss (brand new for 2018) 15 day (one more than CCL) family inside deck 11 also $6700. However that price includes unlimited drink package for a whopping 15 days that has a $2000 value to it included for us, the Carnival Cheers was $1500 extra! :o No brainer which was a better value and an extra day on a brand new ship. It's booked. Carnival offers the least perks with climbing prices and we will most likely never sail them for a while. We are on MSC in 2018. BTW, look at the laughable prices for the Carnival Horizon for 2019. $5000 for a simple inside for four on a basic 8 day eastern Caribbean, nothing included. That's about a million miles away from any deal or value what so ever .....

The last 8 day in April for 4 with tax is. 3933.00 for. 4 in an inside.

Sent from my iPad using Forums