Chef's Table

I need some honest opinions on this. I did the chef's table on the Oasis awhile back and I loved every minute of it. I am now set to go on the Anthem in December and I am really debating if it is really worth the money. Is there anyone who has done the chef's table recently? What were your thoughts? If anyone has done it on Anthem, is it any different from the other ships?

I did the Chef's Table on Anthem in May. I have been to several Chef's Tables and this one was the best, partly because of the food and wine, but mainly the folks who attended. Before I knew it it was 10:30! It is held in a private dining room in a corner of CHOPS. To me it was worth every penny for a most enjoyable evening.

I need some honest opinions on this. I did the chef's table on the Oasis awhile back and I loved every minute of it. I am now set to go on the Anthem in December and I am really debating if it is really worth the money. Is there anyone who has done the chef's table recently? What were your thoughts? If anyone has done it on Anthem, is it any different from the other ships?

I am in the same spot as you...did CT once before but not sure if it's worth it for the price. But we loved it -- one of the highlights of the trip! And I think you'll get a difference experience between the two ships. Let us know if you do -- would love to hear a review and comparison!

We're on the Anthem now, we did Chef's table the other night! I loved it, great service, amazing food and the folks who took care of us that night were tremendous! I would do it again in a heartbeat!

What day of your cruise did you choose to do it? I know on the Oasis I made the mistake of doing this too early and it set a extremely high bar for the food for the rest of the cruise.

My problem with the Chef's Table is that the same menu is presented on each ship. Boring after the 3rd time so no more for me.

When we did Chef's table on Grandeur they told us to let guest services know if we booked it again on another cruise and they could tweak the menu - of course, we haven't tried that yet. Has anyone tried it/heard the same?

When we did Chef's table on Grandeur they told us to let guest services know if we booked it again on another cruise and they could tweak the menu - of course, we haven't tried that yet. Has anyone tried it/heard the same?

I've always booked from home and have never heard of this. Interesting if it really worked. :)

I am admittedly a foodie and wine lover. I have done the Chef's Table on several ships and have always enjoyed them. That is, until a recent Chef's Table on the Liberty. Both the chef and wine steward seemed less than inspired and the pairings bordered on criminal incompetence. Hopefully the menu and wine selection on the Liberty were not the result of a fleet wide dictate from Miami.

I did the Chef's table in October of last year on the Anthem. It was good, but I felt the Chef's table on Grandeur was far superior the year and half previous. They had more heart and investment into it than on the Anthem. The chef seemed to be proud of his achievement on the Grandeur, but I felt it was just a job for him on the Anthem.

Sailing Oasis for the first time in December, do you book Chef's Table beforehand or can you do it once on the ship?

We did CT on 2 different sailings on the Jewel. Since I had recruited other members of my Roll Call I waited until I boarded the ship and approached the manager of Chios to negotiate a private CT. We were able to get a reduced price. Sailing on the Freedom in Oct and currently have enough for 3 private CT so hopefully I can negotiate another good deal.

We did CT on 2 different sailings on the Jewel. Since I had recruited other members of my Roll Call I waited until I boarded the ship and approached the manager of Chios to negotiate a private CT. We were able to get a reduced price. Sailing on the Freedom in Oct and currently have enough for 3 private CT so hopefully I can negotiate another good deal.

Woah! Time out! I didn't know his was possible. I wonder If I can do this for my trip since there are 11 of us going.

My problem with the Chef's Table is that the same menu is presented on each ship. Boring after the 3rd time so no more for me.

I wonder if they will change the menu a bit. I am hoping it is different at least since the last time the menu had a serving that included mushrooms and I had to pick around it and hope i didn't get sick because I am allergic

We just did Chef's Table on Oasis and it was excellent, but it would not be worth $95 to me again.

OMG!! It's up to 95.00 now??!! :o

Was 85.00 when I booked online for cruise last month. And definitely did not like the new 5 course menu items, versus

the old 6 course menu, which I thought was fantastic. Won't be booking it again either for that price.

I wonder if they will change the menu a bit. I am hoping it is different at least since the last time the menu had a serving that included mushrooms and I had to pick around it and hope i didn't get sick because I am allergic

You can always let them know of your allergies, they are very good about it, and most time they always ask just before they start dinner.

And yes, the menu has changed.

When did the menu change? And does anyone have a copy of the menu to share?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Supposedly June 1st. They still had the original menu from previous listed when we went on the 1st. Was very disappointed that they had changed it without letting us know, or replacing the menu on that was on display.

Sorry, but I don't have a copy. Perhaps someone else will have one.

I don't drink wine so was wondering if there is a reduced price without the wine pairing?

Would not think so as a major aspect is the wine pairing.

Go Redskins! :) Loved the Cowboys and Redskins rivalry in 80's and 90's especially. Still have the Scabs game on VHS tape. Need to watch again.

Best of luck this fall and hoping for some great competitive games!