Gad, really wish I knew about this sooner.

Hotspring

Just stumbled upon the NCLH Shareholder OBC $100 credit offering for 7 day cruises. Unfortunately, one must be a shareholder of record and submit the claim form at least 15 days before the sailing date. Are next cruise is next Saturday.

Oh well, we will be better prepared for next time.

http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/static-files/23c8691e-2da7-4595-b132-a6ad137cf7f6

Just stumbled upon the NCLH Shareholder OBC $100 credit offering for 7 day cruises. Unfortunately, one must be a shareholder of record and submit the claim form at least 15 days before the sailing date. Are next cruise is next Saturday.

Oh well, we will be better prepared for next time.

http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/static-files/23c8691e-2da7-4595-b132-a6ad137cf7f6

If you are a shareholder, then submit your request. They usually process and post the credit the next day after you email in your request.

Do you submit the request to NCL even if the reservation is through TA? Also, can I buy shares now if the cruise is already booked for late November?

Thanks

Yes and Yes. Must purchase at least 100 shares. Stock price is $52.90

I will have to determine if that's a reasonable price for the stock if I have to buy a 100 shares. Otherwise, not worth investment for 100 OBC. Thanks for the info.

I will have to determine if that's a reasonable price for the stock if I have to buy a 100 shares. Otherwise, not worth investment for 100 OBC. Thanks for the info.

If you are a stockholder, you are required to work at checkin for one hour looking for water and booze bottles.

Cavet - NCL stock is not and has not paid DIVIDENDS in quite a while unlike RCL and CUK (Carnival).

To break even on that $100 (restricted OBC) NCL would have to pay a $0.25 quarterly dividend

$0.25 x 100 shares x 4 quarterly periods = $100

In the mean time riding the stock market roller coaster market where YMMV financial fortune.

As this is happening FDR and the NCL executives are playing "Pirates of the Caribbean" !

I actually bought my stock just a few months ago and the stock has been on the rise ever since. Went from about 40 to 52 in 4 months.

I also look at it this way. I buy and hold most stock. I don't worry about if it is going up or down. If the company is doing well then it will be far ahead of a savings account.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Go to the link provided in post #1 and then read bullet #1 in the FAQ.......

Or simple answer is yes.

If you are a shareholder, then submit your request. They usually process and post the credit the next day after you email in your request.

Or simple answer is yes.

Teach to fish and they won't go hungry....... feed them and they will always be dependent on others.... this forum is not about just getting answers to questions but to learn information

Took them more keystrokes to ask then one click to get answer.....

I bought my 100 shares back in 2013 for about $31 a share. I have seen it rise above $60 and drop to the low $30's. Since then I have taken over 15 NCL cruises and received my $100 for all of them ($1500.00 OBC). I then use my $100 to purchase Cruise Next credits and with there automatic $250 OBC for a $500 purchase, on a B2B cruise I get $500 for only $50.;p

Not bad for a stock that doesn't give out dividends:D All that free money that goes to my next NCL cruise.

Oh yeah, since my purchase the stock has gone up over 60%.

Teach to fish and they won't go hungry....... feed them and they will always be dependent on others.... this forum is not about just getting answers to questions but to learn information

I thought that this form was about communication. People asking questions or offering advise or telling a story about there experience and then ask for the readers to offer their humble opinions in response. As you are entitled to offer your opinion as to have the jinteso do it themself.

Edited by jskinsd
misspell

I thought that this form was about communication. People asking questions or offering advise or telling a story about there experience and then ask for the readers to offer their humble opinions in response. As you are entitled to offer your opinion as to have the jinteso do it themself.

It is about communication and sharing knowledge ..... neither of us is wrong.... you choose to give answers and I choose to educate on where to find answers..... however it was you that decided to make a comment about my method that prompted my reply

It is about communication and sharing knowledge ..... neither of us is wrong.... you choose to give answers and I choose to educate on where to find answers..... however it was you that decided to make a comment about my method that prompted my reply

Sometimes people want a simple answer and don't want to read every last post. To one of your points about a single click. First it was 3 characters to just say Yes then to post your reply, Second, I tried to follow the link, however it did not work on my cell. I knew the answer anyway so just made it simple for anyone to ready.

If someone were lost, would you give them directions or tell them to go to the library and read the map within it? I would just give the person asking the question the answer they wanted and say if you need more details you can look at X.

Sometimes people want a simple answer and don't want to read every last post. To one of your points about a single click. First it was 3 characters to just say Yes then to post your reply, Second, I tried to follow the link, however it did not work on my cell. I knew the answer anyway so just made it simple for anyone to ready.

If someone were lost, would you give them directions or tell them to go to the library and read the map within it? I would just give the person asking the question the answer they wanted and say if you need more details you can look at X.

Thank you for proving my exact point by using your "lost" example...... I gave them specific directions on how to get to where they wanted to be AND provided the map for future reference..... I covered all bases that not just gave them the immediate answer but information that they may have concerning any follow up question.

And it was one click on my phone, tablet and laptop that opened up the PDF that provided a wealth of info...

Weird that your post was after #1 and after mine so your comment that people "don't want to read every last post"...... means they never got to your's for the "yes".... [emoji2] [emoji2]

Thank you for proving my exact point by using your "lost" example...... I gave them specific directions on how to get to where they wanted to be AND provided the map for future reference..... I covered all bases that not just gave them the immediate answer but information that they may have concerning any follow up question.

And it was one click on my phone, tablet and laptop that opened up the PDF that provided a wealth of info...

Weird that your post was after #1 and after mine so your comment that people "don't want to read every last post"...... means they never got to your's for the "yes".... [emoji2] [emoji2]

Actually I like many others may only read the most recent and not start at the beginning. You never gave them the answer. You said go look in the library which is why I just said the answer was yes.

No biggy either way. It is sometimes taken the wrong way when someone says go read X to get an answer. We are all adults here and could dig for answers. I just like to answer the question first for those who ask and then give links for more detailed answers if they want to learn more.

To tell you the truth, way back when, I only bought 100 shares of the stock for the $100 OBC. After I got my credit and took my cruise I sold my stock. I even made a little money because the stock went up. That same year I cruise on NCL again. Bought 100 shares again. Got the OBC again. After that I knew that I was going to cruise NCL again, again and again. And mostly on B2B's. And with the cruise next program, it is free money. And after you have held a stock that long it is no longer an expense but an investment. You can always sell when you want.

Side comment....

Sometimes people take the time to ask a question when there is a much better option.

Option A) Ask the question and hope somebody answers soon, or check back a few hours later, or the next day... or in some cases - never.

Option B) Click on link, quick google, etc. and get the answer immediately.

Okay, sometimes there is no better way and asking here is the best way. That is why this board exists. Different questions, different solutions.

In the above case, much more detailed and possibly more accurate was provided via the link given.

Which is right or wrong? Not going there.

Plus there may have been follow-up questions also answered in the FAQ.

I did not see the link at first when I posted since I was on my phone. I have since read the entire FAQ, have completed my due diligence and have purchased 500 shares. Not that 500 shares gets me anything extra, but I still believe that it is a good value.