Vibe Beach Club on the Escape...is it that competitive?

We are staying overnight in Miami so could get to the port as early as necessary but will they let us board? I thought the rule was that boarding was 12 noon or so, is that not correct? If you can go early do you have to have booked that boarding time or can you just show up?

If you just show up, you are given a boarding group number.

Havens guest, Ambassador, Platinum Plus, Platinum, and special assistance passengers will be allowed to board first starting around 11:00.

Then general boarding by group number darting around 11:30.

We actually prefer the Spa to the Vibe by far.

Im thinking my husband will enjoy the spa area, i will also, but i also like to get a little outdoor sun, and being we don't plan on many-any excursions, I figure if anything we can go back and forth and at least know we will get loungers,, as we both use scooters, i have MS and terrible walking issues, so to be searching for chairs with crowds, is not for me,, we had problems on 2 previous cruises , years ago, not finding chairs/loungers, it was horrible,, Not that i am looking to spend $$$ , I am looking for not to have to worry based on past experience.

I also have trouble with stairs, just be aware Vibe is on the 19th floor forward.

There is only one elevator that goes to 19th floor near Vibe and this elevator

doesn't have a dedicated buttton to push to get the correct elevator.

You might have to wait for several tries to get correct elevator.

This is not the case for Spice H20 rear elevators or spa forward elevators as they have several going to it.

I've had the Vibe twice, once it was great and we enjoyed hanging out with the same people all week. The other time it was so windy the chairs were chained down and there was no bar service. We got a partial refund for the week. So it's really hit or miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Im thinking my husband will enjoy the spa area, i will also, but i also like to get a little outdoor sun, and being we don't plan on many-any excursions, I figure if anything we can go back and forth and at least know we will get loungers,, as we both use scooters, i have MS and terrible walking issues, so to be searching for chairs with crowds, is not for me,, we had problems on 2 previous cruises , years ago, not finding chairs/loungers, it was horrible,, Not that i am looking to spend $$$ , I am looking for not to have to worry based on past experience.

I just was in Vibe last week. If you have handicapped boarding, you will board before everyone else, and therefore should get access to the Vibe passes if you wish. I agree that a lot of people do not spend much time in Vibe, and the ones that do spend A LOT of time at the bar.

I believe that you can get a cabana if only person is present, however there are no cabanas on the Escape... Only the Breakaway and Getaway...

Is this true if you only want a cabana? Do both have to go?

Thanks!

I just was in Vibe last week. If you have handicapped boarding, you will board before everyone else, and therefore should get access to the Vibe passes if you wish. I agree that a lot of people do not spend much time in Vibe, and the ones that do spend A LOT of time at the bar.

we are a older couple and not looking to hang out by bars, we just want to be able to relax , maybe a cocktail or 2 and than maybe back to room and get ready for dinner, even that i see for example the Glow thing in H2O, not for us, want quiet evenings, catch a show , listen to a little music, maybe a comedy show, Maybe i'll just do the spa pkg, and take my chances finding a spot to get a little sun, need to be able to get wet, my body feels the heat badly, so need to be able to cool it off.. Doubting if this cruise is the best for us,, Any info might sway me to a direction

we are a older couple and not looking to hang out by bars, we just want to be able to relax , maybe a cocktail or 2 and than maybe back to room and get ready for dinner, even that i see for example the Glow thing in H2O, not for us, want quiet evenings, catch a show , listen to a little music, maybe a comedy show, Maybe i'll just do the spa pkg, and take my chances finding a spot to get a little sun, need to be able to get wet, my body feels the heat badly, so need to be able to cool it off.. Doubting if this cruise is the best for us,, Any info might sway me to a direction

Why doubt yourself? Mid 60's myself and The Escape was our best cruise to date. We did have Vibe and had a great time. Also enjoyed the spa.

The waterfront area was great also, wish we would have spent more time there.

I think you will like the H2O area!! They have the Grotto that has waterfall. Great place to cool off without having to get in a pool! It's adult only until evening😀

i was told by a ncl rep that the grotto was only in the vibe, so thats not true the grotto is only in h2o ? is there any special water is the vibe area, just hot tubs, which i can't go in anyway ?

i was told by a ncl rep that the grotto was only in the vibe, so thats not true the grotto is only in h2o ? is there any special water is the vibe area, just hot tubs, which i can't go in anyway ?

There is a misting area in Vibe. Has some loungers to lay on.

From the reviews and pictures I've seen there are misters in the vibe. I don't do hot tubes either. Seriously gross!! But just my humble opinion being in the health care field!!

thanks for thAT input , i don't do the hot tubs, i Have MS , can't take that heat , what is your feel of the thalassopy pools in the spa area ?

The grotto is in H2O. No special water area in vibe.

thanks for thAT input , i don't do the hot tubs, i Have MS , can't take that heat , what is your feel of the thalassopy pools in the spa area ?

I've loved the spa on all the NCL ships I've been on. The thalassopy pool is warm but not as hot as a hot tub. I've never felt like I've heated up in one, but I'm not extra sensitive to heat.

Unless you have changed your flight arrival to earlier on embarkation day or the night before, you probably will be SOL. If I recall, your flight lands at 1030, which means your port arrival will be around noontime and the passes will all be distributed by then. If you came in early in the morning or the previous night, your special needs embarkation would guarantee that you could purchase passes.

Just curious, what form are the passes? A card they give you? Something attached to room key card?

You get a card to open the door into Vibe. You also get a wrist band that really only needs to be worn until the bartenders know you, which will be almost instantly.

You get a card to open the door into Vibe. You also get a wrist band that really only needs to be worn until the bartenders know you, which will be almost instantly.

We asked about the wristband the first time we got there and they said that we didn't needed it again because they already recognized us.

Unless you have changed your flight arrival to earlier on embarkation day or the night before, you probably will be SOL. If I recall, your flight lands at 1030, which means your port arrival will be around noontime and the passes will all be distributed by then. If you came in early in the morning or the previous night, your special needs embarkation would guarantee that you could purchase passes.

my flight arrives 9:10 , however in FLL,, i'm not sure what time the tranportation will leave FLL to the Miami Port ? Im thinking i might just take my chances with the H2O area, and getting the spa pkg.. forgetting vibe altogether, at least, that is my plan for now..

I read somewhere either in a thread here or another board that you can order food to be delivered to Vibe during the day... Can someone confirm? Anyone know what the menu is like?

Yes you can order food to be delivered up to Vibe....i think it comes from within the Haven. Its fairly expensive but its nice if you fancy treating yourself & cannot be bothered to walk down to the buffet (lazy i know). We ordered lobster once which was $25. And they have a few other dishes which were Mediterranean type food & salad etc. One was chorizo & jalepenos. Very tasty if you like that kind of thing! :)

I believe that you can get a cabana if only person is present, however there are no cabanas on the Escape... Only the Breakaway and Getaway...

Thanks! I'm sailing Breakaway. We may just mix up things and all go to be safe - one of us was going to hit up Splash for our kids and the other go for the Cabana... Thanks again!

Thanks! I'm sailing Breakaway. We may just mix up things and all go to be safe - one of us was going to hit up Splash for our kids and the other go for the Cabana... Thanks again!

Here is the Breakaway vibe food menu and prices from 2 weeks ago. I can't say from where it comes, with the exception of the lobster roll which comes from Ocean Blue waterfront.

Photo%20Jun%2005%2012%2029%2002%20PM_zpsxm8qrupd.jpg

There were no food menus in Vibe on Escape.

Here is the Breakaway vibe food menu and prices from 2 weeks ago. I can't say from where it comes, with the exception of the lobster roll which comes from Ocean Blue waterfront.

Photo%20Jun%2005%2012%2029%2002%20PM_zpsxm8qrupd.jpg

There were no food menus in Vibe on Escape.

This is the same as the menu on the escape....I got the price wrong for the lobster!