Oasis - Eastern - August 2017 - Formal Nights

jjtt

I booked this cruise (Eastern Caribbean) over a year ago and have been reading the tips on Oasis. I read from many on here that formal nights were on the 2nd and 6th days. This past week I booked a specialty restaurant on day 5 so we would not miss formal night in the main dining room. Yesterday I was reading a review that stated the second formal night was on day 5 not day 6 like others have said. Does anyone know if it has changed on all Eastern sailings or for some reason just on this one? If it has I would like to switch nights in the specialty restaurant. We are cruising this summer.

Which Eastern? There are two different Eastern itineraries on Oasis right now. One has St. Thomas and the other has San Juan.

The 2nd formal night of the St. Thomas version is definitely night 6. I'm not sure about the San Juan version.

We have always found regardless of the length of the cruise, that the final Formal night would be two nights before arriving in your disembarking Port, so on a 7 day cruise starting on a Sunday, Friday would be the Final formal Night. The final evening everyone is packing and getting their luggage ready to be put outside your cabin.

We have always found regardless of the length of the cruise, that the final Formal night would be two nights before arriving in your disembarking Port, so on a 7 day cruise starting on a Sunday, Friday would be the Final formal Night. The final evening everyone is packing and getting their luggage ready to be put outside your cabin.

That is not true for the ship that sails from Port Canaveral on 7 night sailings. Formal nights on western caribbean sailings have been day 2 and day 5. For eastern caribbean it has been day 2 and day 6. This has been the case for Mariner, Freedom and now Oasis.

Not true. It's night 5 on the Oasis Western Caribbean itinerary right now (was just on it last week). I assumed that was because day 5 is a sea day and day 6 is a port day.

Thanks all!! Looks like I have to change my reservation to day 6 then. Day 5 is San Juan and day 6 is Labadee. We depart from San Juan at 2 pm now (was originally 3 pm) and Labadee at 5 pm.

I was merely saying that final formal night for all our cruises has been two nights before we disembark. We rarely do 7 day cruises. We have a 7 day Cruise in two weeks on the Liberty leaving July 2 & returning July 9. 1st formal night will be July 3rd, final Formal probably be July 7th. I doubt it will be on July 8th when everyone will be packing

For our August TA, the. Cruise dates August 26 to September 10th. I suspect formal night on that one will be August 27th ( Oslo ), September 3rd ( Sea Day ) after leaving Akureyri and September 8th ( Halifax ) Sept 9 Sea Day, Sept 10 Disembak in Boston.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

I was merely saying that final formal night for all our cruises has been two nights before we disembark.

Understood. I was just letting you (well, moreso the original poster) know that that was not the case for 7 night cruises like the one he was specifically asking about. No worries.

I agree it would never be the final night, but it can be the 3rd to last night as in this case.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread; can someone confirm from a recent Oasis Eastern sailing (St Maarten, San Juan, Labadee) that the second formal night is the 5th night (San Juan)? I've seen from several recent Compasses that this is the case, but a lot of threads on CC say eastern is 6th night. Trying to plan specialty dining and don't want to overlap with formal night.

Sorry to drag up an old thread; can someone confirm from a recent Oasis Eastern sailing (St Maarten, San Juan, Labadee) that the second formal night is the 5th night (San Juan)? I've seen from several recent Compasses that this is the case, but a lot of threads on CC say eastern is 6th night. Trying to plan specialty dining and don't want to overlap with formal night.

Compass from last month:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54743100&posted=1#post54743100