European Itinerary

Mikee80

You are trying to combine disparate areas. Cruises sail from the UK to the Baltic. Of they sail from the UK to other UK ports. But generally the two itineraries are not combined, although sometimes you can do back to back cruises and cover a greater variety of ports. Most of the French ports are in the Med, which would usually be a very different cruise. Try looking at http://www.cruisetimetables.com and select desired ports from the Ports of Call list. It will tell you who is calling there and their itineraries. EM

You are trying to combine disparate areas. . EM

Yes, that kinda sums it up.

Round-Britain cruises often include a port in France (usually Le Havre, sometimes Cherbourg or Honfleur or Rouen).

Some cruises, usually smaller ships, concentrate on western French ports like St Malo & La Rochelle & occasionally a northern Spanish port.

But not usually a German port.

A lot of Baltic cruises ex-UK include Warnemunde (Germany) and Zeebrugge (for Bruges) in Belgium but not French ports.

You just might find a short (3/4-day) cruise out of Southampton which includes Hamburg & a French channel port, but if you do find one I suggest you research very carefully - short cruises ex-UK with major cruise lines often include a high proportion of booze-cruisers, especially stag & hen parties.

Buggins has suggested one option of incorporating a pre-cruise / post-cruise, there are plenty of others and I think that's probably the best way to combine UK, France and Germany.

It would also give you a "proper" visit to one or more of those countries rather than a single fleeting port-of-call day.

Generally it's not a problem to jump-ship (with permission) at the last port-of-call, to avoid having to double-back

eg on a Southampton-to-Southampton cruise, jumping-ship at Bruges rather than returning to Southampton.

JB :)

Hey,

Ive been looking for a European cruise with ports of call in the UK, France, and Germany for a summer 2018 sailing. But I cant seem to find any, anyone out there have any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

We did a 7 day Northern Europe cruise with MSC that left RT from Southampton and included Zeebruges Amsterdam Hamburg and LeHavre :)

Fred Olsen is doing cruises mainly in Germany from Newcastle and Edinburgh this season, so probably will next... they use small cruise ships which can sail the rivers/Kiel canal. No France included, though.

MSC Magnifica does at least two British Isle cruises next year (June and September) which stop in Germany, France and the UK.

Hamburg, Southampton, Le Havre plus QUeensferry, Invergordon, Newcastle and Amsterdam (with an over night).

I have to admit that I think Hamburg is better than Warnemünde as the port is pretty much in the middle of the city, no endless transfers to Berlin.

It's a 10-day cruise so that might give you the chance to explore either Germany or France on your own for a bit.