Concierge class get wine?

39august

I guess my expectations were too high. We arrived in our cabin expecting to see a bottle of sparkling wine waiting for us on ice with two champagne glasses. Nope. Asked the room steward about the sparkling wine. He said it's in the refrig. So it was. Not the elegant/romantic presentation I had hoped for. Still no champagne glasses, although I guess I could have asked for them. We actually forgot about it for the duration of the cruise and wound up taking it with us to our post-cruise hotel. Wound up leaving it for the maid.

I just read a post that indicated Concierge class cabins receive a bottle of sparkling wine. Is this correct? I thought only Aqua and suites did.

This is correct; however, we never received ours on the cruise we just got off of (clearly wasn't a big deal, since we asked twice and then gave up).

What was the dollar amount of the credit?

Thank You

On my last cruise, I asked to change the bubbly for wine. If I remember correctly, it was $28. I ended up getting a white wine for about $34. I had to pay the gratuity on it. I certainly didn't mind paying the difference between the two bottles, but I didn't think was fair to have to pay the gratuity since the bubbly was part of the cabin amenity.

Monica

I have two cabins for the July 9 sailing...we can bring 4 bottles? Do I have to let them know they are in my luggage or do I just show them when checking in. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Presuming at least one occupant of the second cabin is 21 or older? If not it could be an issue, not sure.