Dress Question

madaroch

Last night on the Q.V. I decided not to join the rest of our table in the MDR on first sitting. However, I did walk Mrs Toad to the restaurant door whilst attired in jeans and a tee shirt. When the doors opened I then left her.

But one diner was looking at me with some contempt. Mrs Toad said afterwards she was expecting him to say something to me. That would have been interesting!

BRAVO to the several last CC'ers comments.

In total agreement.

On Sunday, July 2nd on the QM2, I will proudly with true understanding be prepared at 6PM to address the Formal Wear Code and join the Other Passengers in the Traditional Formal Evening Wear.

I will understand those late comers that are venturing to their cabins for the change and to be understanding of those that will get the hint that the Witching Hour is approaching.

Looking forward to Sunday Night's Black and White Ball sailing the Atlantic.

It's the venue that is as important to abiding by the rules.

Can't say I've seen too many folk in formal wear in any of Cunard's libraries: let alone enjoying a drink.

Respect for others is important to me in life and I realise this is a purely personal reaction but if on the rare occasion I am out and about, e.g. in the library, in my usual daywear after the code changeover, my inborn sense of respect for fellow passengers who are already in evening wear in the main public areas of the ship, which includes outside the library on QE/QV, maybe listening to the music or sitting in the adjacent bars causes me to hurry off because I realise I'm underdressed.

Others will have a different approach.

Oh goodness, yes, the ketchup.

And two scoops of ice cream.

For those who easily take offence; this thread was mocking Trump and not our fellow passengers. Please feel free to have your well done steak with ketchup and ice cream for afters - as long as you don't wear the red cap.

From my experience this week on QE there is not a 'hard' 6pm start but a phased change over an hour or so.

Sitting in Commodores at 6pm on an informal night you would see men start to arrive wearing jackets from 6pm, but men in shirtsleeves and both men and women in blue jeans would be there until 7 to 7.30.

One man who came into Commodores later around 10pm wearing a hoody and the waiter was happy to serve him.

And that is similar to what I witnessed on QM2 in March, Sydney to HK. Staff did little to enforce dress codes, I think they had given up on that sector.

For those who easily take offence; this thread was mocking Trump and not our fellow passengers. Please feel free to have your well done steak with ketchup and ice cream for afters - as long as you don't wear the red cap.

Gee thanks.

Thank goodness for that. Taste in food has nothing to do with taste in 'politicians 😏'. I personally like a well-done steak, ketchup and ice-cream but not sharing the same plate 😀

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD