Sign&sail cards at check-in??

cthrn27

I just read a post where someone mentioned that sign and sail cards are in the cabins, not given at check in...is it like that on all ships?? Specifically Conquest? If you board before rooms are ready can you buy a drink?? Cash only?? Please explain. Thank you

I don't know about the Conquest, but i was on the first Splendor sailing where the cards where placed in the mailbox. We were able to have our boarding passes scanned at the bar to purchase drinks. Anything scanned on the boarding pass is charged to your sail & sign account.

I was on Conquest last summer, and my S&S card was given at check-in.

I haven't seen this before. Is this the new thing then, putting cards in the mailboxes? Wouldn't that be a security issue if someone takes it out of your mailbox? That could give other passengers access to your room, and S&S account until you notice. Or did I misunderstand the post?

I don't know about the Conquest, but i was on the first Splendor sailing where the cards where placed in the mailbox. We were able to have our boarding passes scanned at the bar to purchase drinks. Anything scanned on the boarding pass is charged to your sail & sign account.

I read on either another thread here or on Carnival's website about this. There is a limited amount that you are available to spend. I believe the amount is $50.

Is that a limit on all purchases?

A $50 limit would prevent you from signing up for the value and premium length of cruise internet plans on 6+ day cruises until rooms are ready. A folio number is needed, and folio numbers are only on the cards.

As of right now there are only two ships that do this for testing. I believe it's the Vista and the Splendor. From what I've read on here, all you do is take your boarding pass to whatever you want to buy and they enter some information (I'm guessing your booking number or name) and they charge your account. I have never read where there is a monetary limit.

There should be one card in your mailbox and the other one(s) are in your cabin. They are in sealed envelopes. If the seal is broken, you are supposed to go to Guest Services and they will cancel that card and issue a new one.

From the people that have cruised on the ships that have it have reported that it works quite well and saves time checking in. No problems with stolen cards or having trouble buying anything with the boarding passes.

I was on Conquest last summer, and my S&S card was given at check-in.

I haven't seen this before. Is this the new thing then, putting cards in the mailboxes? Wouldn't that be a security issue if someone takes it out of your mailbox? That could give other passengers access to your room, and S&S account until you notice. Or did I misunderstand the post?

I'm guessing your picture shows up on the computer when purchasing anything, just like it does on entering/leaving ship.

As far as having access to your room you know how many 💳 are suppose to be there. Nothing is in the room until you access it.

There are LOTS of threads on this topic. All the cards are in an envelope in a mailbox. There are none in the cabin. If you do a search you will find the answers to practically any question or concern there is about this process. It is on Glory, Splendor, and Vista.

Here's a couple to get you started:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2447173

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2502942

I am new to cruising so I don't quite know what you mean by mailbox vs at the room? We went on our first cruise on Carnival Victory on June 5th of this year and were not given cards at check-in. I didn't even know that wasn't the norm. We purchased FTTF but the doors were all shut so I didn't know we could still go to our room. Had lunch and about 1 or 1:30 we were allowed to go to our room where there was an envelope above what I assume you mean the mailbox? I just remember it to the right of the door. It had our cards in it. I didnt purchase any drinks prior to getting our cards so I don't know about that process.

I am new to cruising so I don't quite know what you mean by mailbox vs at the room? We went on our first cruise on Carnival Victory on June 5th of this year and were not given cards at check-in. I didn't even know that wasn't the norm. We purchased FTTF but the doors were all shut so I didn't know we could still go to our room. Had lunch and about 1 or 1:30 we were allowed to go to our room where there was an envelope above what I assume you mean the mailbox? I just remember it to the right of the door. It had our cards in it. I didnt purchase any drinks prior to getting our cards so I don't know about that process.

The mailbox was where your cards were if they were in an envelope. There are signs on the doors telling you if you are Diamond, Platinum, or FTTF that your room is ready. They look like this but will vary slightly depending on the ship.

eef93abe7753976746982413885e93d4.jpg

The mailbox was where your cards were if they were in an envelope. There are signs on the doors telling you if you are Diamond, Platinum, or FTTF that your room is ready. They look like this but will vary slightly depending on the ship.

eef93abe7753976746982413885e93d4.jpg

Ah- I remember the signs on the door but don't remember the bottom part. Probably overlooked it! Lol. There was so much going on and trying to take in the surroundings on our first ship. I am pretty sure there was no mailbox either. (At least not what I picture as a mailbox) .I am trying to remember and I think the envelope was taped and tucked in the door number plate. All well. Didn't mean to hi-jack this thread, I just saw the discussion about which ships this process was on and knew we just got off one that wasn't mentioned. Our next one is on the Dream! Looking forward to that one!

Ah- I remember the signs on the door but don't remember the bottom part. Probably overlooked it! Lol. There was so much going on and trying to take in the surroundings on our first ship. I am pretty sure there was no mailbox either. (At least not what I picture as a mailbox) .I am trying to remember and I think the envelope was taped and tucked in the door number plate. All well. Didn't mean to hi-jack this thread, I just saw the discussion about which ships this process was on and knew we just got off one that wasn't mentioned. Our next one is on the Dream! Looking forward to that one!

Not sure what they looked like on your ship, but this is what they are on Conquest Class ships. Not a real mailbox, but that's what it is [emoji4]

54210c18143d1bc0328cd58fff155210.jpg