Upgrades?

debafog

How can they state "no Shorts" if it is a "suggested" dress code? This tells folks it's merely a suggestion

They state "No shorts" as an absolute rule underneath the "suggest dress code"

dress%20code.jpg

Pete

They state "No shorts" as an absolute rule underneath the "suggest dress code"

dress%20code.jpg

Pete

Firstly let me say I have taken 5 cruises and never wore shorts in the MDR and feel they should not be allowed. I am simply saying they should re phrase the word suggested as unfortunately it lends to a wide variety of interpretation and some folks will read into it what they want, and then again there are those folks that just don't give a damn and do what they want anyway. Happy Cruising

Firstly let me say I have taken 5 cruises and never wore shorts in the MDR and feel they should not be allowed. I am simply saying they should re phrase the word suggested as unfortunately it lends to a wide variety of interpretation and some folks will read into it what they want, and then again there are those folks that just don't give a damn and do what they want anyway. Happy Cruising

I have taken 29 cruises, 16 of them with MSC, and like you have never worn shorts in the MDR. In fact I always wear a dinner jacket on formal nights, one of the few who do make the effort for the occasion. but that is mainly because it is the British thing to do.

I think the wording is perfectly clear, the suggested dress code applies after 18:00 hrs.There is no rule saying shorts may not be worn after this time, it merely states that they will not be permitted in the MDR. It is perfectly acceptable to wear them in the buffet.

To change the word |"suggested" will remove the choice that people have to feel relaxed on their holiday, and will put the crew in the invidious position of having to enforce an arbitrary rule, with the result that many peoples' holidays will be memorable for the wrong reason. This would lead to putting people off repeat bookings which is not a good business model for a growing enterprise.

In the end it all comes down to money and getting people to part with it for your product, and extracting as much as you can from each customer.

Pete

I have taken 29 cruises, 16 of them with MSC, and like you have never worn shorts in the MDR. In fact I always wear a dinner jacket on formal nights, one of the few who do make the effort for the occasion. but that is mainly because it is the British thing to do.

I think the wording is perfectly clear, the suggested dress code applies after 18:00 hrs.There is no rule saying shorts may not be worn after this time, it merely states that they will not be permitted in the MDR. It is perfectly acceptable to wear them in the buffet.

To change the word |"suggested" will remove the choice that people have to feel relaxed on their holiday, and will put the crew in the invidious position of having to enforce an arbitrary rule, with the result that many peoples' holidays will be memorable for the wrong reason. This would lead to putting people off repeat bookings which is not a good business model for a growing enterprise.

In the end it all comes down to money and getting people to part with it for your product, and extracting as much as you can from each customer.

Pete

Agree with all you have said, I guess I just didn't read it properly. If everyone understands and adheres to the dress code then it takes the burden off the staff. Although I feel people should not be wearing shorts in the MDR I am also not offended as I simply won't let that sort of stuff ruin my evening. I too like to dress up for dinner as does my wife

Received our paperwork today for our Seaside April cruise and noticed on it under Room Service it says " with regard to cruises in the Caribbean, the room service menu is free and a small fee will be added at night between the hours of 11 pm and 6 am"

More proof that a definitive answer cannot be given on a growing number of things!

I also noticed under number 2 your Cruise, What is included ... Priority Boarding and Luggage at MSC home ports.

Received our paperwork today for our Seaside April cruise and noticed on it under Room Service it says " with regard to cruises in the Caribbean, the room service menu is free and a small fee will be added at night between the hours of 11 pm and 6 am"

More proof that a definitive answer cannot be given on a growing number of things!

I also noticed under number 2 your Cruise, What is included ... Priority Boarding and Luggage at MSC home ports.

Just reading our etickets and under the "What is Included" heading under "WELLBEING" it says

" ** Delivery for room service and in-cabin breakfast charges apply (fee Euro 3.50 / Dollar 3.50)

We are in Bella Balcony

I don't think Bella gets free anything. That's the idea of Bella. Everything is a la carte. Fantastica gets free room service except between 11 PM and 6 AM. That is how most cruise lines do it now.

Deliver ... After 6 MSC cruises I know how it is supposed to work and I also know how it does work, neither are the same as can be seen in the various posts in this thread alone despite what is written down in the MSC Terms and Conditions.

Somewhat like the Voyagers Club where it states that Benefits are per person including a complimentary meal for Black card holders, the reality is, it is now 1 meal per cabin for two people.

Deliver ... After 6 MSC cruises I know how it is supposed to work and I also know how it does work, neither are the same as can be seen in the various posts in this thread alone despite what is written down in the MSC Terms and Conditions.

Somewhat like the Voyagers Club where it states that Benefits are per person including a complimentary meal for Black card holders, the reality is, it is now 1 meal per cabin for two people.

meal for two is per cabin and only for two guests if one of the cabin members is not a black card holder

FROM THE T&Cs

Complimentary Speciality Restaurant “Tasting Menu” Dinner (no beverages) [black] per cabin. Members are entitled to enjoy a tasting menu dinner for 2 at a speciality restaurant once during the cruise (beverages excluded). Members may extend their invitation to one occupant of the same cabin only once and only if the cabin mate is not a black card member

Same goes for the bottle of bubbly, Dave. I don't know how many times I've read here that people on Divina got 2 bottles when both were Black Card members. We've only ever got one.

Of 6 cruises with MSC as Black Card holders we have had 2 bottles on 5 occasions. The first 4 were Moet and Chandon.

The 5th was one bottle of Prosecco and one of Cava.

Only on the last cruise on Merviglia did we only one bottle for being black card but we got a second for being YC

Of 6 cruises with MSC as Black Card holders we have had 2 bottles on 5 occasions. The first 4 were Moet and Chandon.

The 5th was one bottle of Prosecco and one of Cava.

Only on the last cruise on Merviglia did we only one bottle for being black card but we got a second for being YC

We always end up getting a second bottle, anyway. On Meraviglia, we ended up with 4 bottles

f41ab9475c40ec286433d268551e47e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pete ... Had an email this week from MSC re two black cards in same cabin, they can both share the meal.

Of course they can, each can go as a black card member but only as an individual with no invited guest.

But can they do it twice?

ie take their partner as their guest and repeat the other way round for the secong meal

Pete ... This is the reply ...

I can confirm that Black Card holders will be in a position to take their fellow Black Card members into a speciality restaurant providing the passengers are associated to the same cabin/booking number.

Bea sails before we do and hopefully she will be able to post how they get on when booking the complimentary meal.

Pete ... This is the reply ...

I can confirm that Black Card holders will be in a position to take their fellow Black Card members into a speciality restaurant providing the passengers are associated to the same cabin/booking number.

Bea sails before we do and hopefully she will be able to post how they get on when booking the complimentary meal.

Dave ... that's clear as mud. There was confusion about the wording originally when it seemed that, if both were Black Card holders, one cabin member couldn't accompany the other for the complimentary meal. My belief is that your email is only confirming that both Black members can enjoy ONE complimentary evening together in a Speciality Restaurant.

TBH, I'm only expecting to receive one voucher in the cabin for the two of us. I may push the issue with the CC on the grounds that the benefit should have been 'grandfathered' in - I'd booked before the change was made. If I don't get anywhere, I may resort to having a word with the YC Hotel Director. After my experiences on Meraviglia, I would be more inclined now to bring any issues I have to him.

Bea ... It says to me that both Kerry and myself who are Black card holders can take one or the other as you say as long as we are both on the same booking number and in the same cabin.

The previous wording to me says that if you are both Black card holders neither of you can take the other.

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, awhcruiser said:

Can you tell  its my first time on MSC?

You must have gone all the way to page 20 or greater in this forum to find this thread!  You are doing your research!

• Haha 1

On 3/27/2018 at 8:31 AM, Skier52 said:

Of course they can, each can go as a black card member but only as an individual with no invited guest.

But can they do it twice?

ie take their partner as their guest and repeat the other way round for the secong meal

It is one per CABIN now.   If you are both Black Card you get one meal for two people.  If one of you is black, you get one meal for two people.

35 minutes ago, JAGR said:

You must have gone all the way to page 20 or greater in this forum to find this thread!  You are doing your research!

I think it was a google search on upgrades and this thread was there...

7 hours ago, HipHipOnAShip said:

It is one per CABIN now.   If you are both Black Card you get one meal for two people.  If one of you is black, you get one meal for two people.

If I remember correctly the wording is somehow circumvoluted. Each Diamond member is entitled to a free meal + one guest in the same cabin provided they are NOT Diamond themselves. Two Diamond members should theoretically be allowed four meals, provided they share a cabin with 2 non-Diamond members.

In essence, when a cabin of two has one Diamond member, it no longer matters the status of the second cruiser.