Anybody know when Miracle will be getting Guy"s?

rwilk1129

Looking forward to Miracle coming to Tampa this winter but noticed it doesn't have a Guy's burgers. Could be a deal breaker. Anybody know of plans to add anytime soon? I couldn't find a refurbishment schedule. Thanks for any info on it.

I cannot imagine not having Guys as a deal breaker!

The one time I tried Guys the hamburgers were flat ,overcooked and tasteless.

The only good part was putting stuff on top to take away the dry taste of the meat!!

You can still get a hamburger on the Miracle,--just not with Guys name attached to it.

The only good part was putting stuff on top to take away the dry taste of the meat!!

You can still get a hamburger on the Miracle,--just not with Guys name attached to it.

Riff, I was thinking the same thing....I know everyone is different, but I cannot imagine planning a cruise, spending anywhere from $3000 - $5000 on a vacation, getting the room, excited for the different Ports and all of a sudden thinking "Wait, there is no burger joint on board, forget it" :rolleyes:

It wasn't just the burgers, but overall updates on both ships in general led me to book the Dream over Miracle for a 2018 cruise. This is despite the fact that I have yet to do a Spirt-class ship, but have always wanted to try one out.

Both were similarly priced, and both are about a 5 to 6 hour drive away (Tampa or New Orleans).

It wasn't just the burgers, but overall updates on both ships in general led me to book the Dream over Miracle for a 2018 cruise. This is despite the fact that I have yet to do a Spirt-class ship, but have always wanted to try one out.

Both were similarly priced, and both are about a 5 to 6 hour drive away (Tampa or New Orleans).

Loan, I was making an observation....I get the fact if you didn't like the layout of the ship or the ports or etc all goes into a decision. The OP said by not having a Guy's could be a deal breaker. I personally could not imagine going/not going on a cruise based solely on a burger spot. To me that is like saying I am cancelling a Disney vacation because the Monorail is down for repairs :D

I just wish Guys burgers and the warm chocolate melting cake were a fraction as good as what people make them out to be lol.

Guys was "ok". Not the best burger but far from the worse. I do like that they are included in your cruise fare. With that said, NO WAY would I not book a ship because it didnt have Guys. From what Ive read, the burgers at the grill are just as good.

I think the chocolate goo is just nasty. JMO :) Food is subjective

I admit I've never seen the Miracle as a great ship. I don't like the lay out, don't like the decor, and don't like that it didn't get all the upgrades the other ships received, including the Dive In theater. All that combined makes the Miracle a ship I'd rather not spend money on.

There are many choices out there, so I'll spend my $3k to $5k on something better.

You seem to be in the minority about the layout. We particularly like having the movies down in the Comedy lounge. No need for blankets, don't have to worry about pax talking loudly as they walk by, no extra shows ;);) in the hot tubs.

Agree about Guy's. Though the ones we've had on the Imagination and Inspiration were cooked differently (thin and dry) than the ones we had on the Conquest a few years ago. .....and we can still get chicken fingers at the grill.

I admit I've never seen the Miracle as a great ship. I don't like the lay out, don't like the decor, and don't like that it didn't get all the upgrades the other ships received, including the Dive In theater. All that combined makes the Miracle a ship I'd rather not spend money on.

There are many choices out there, so I'll spend my $3k to $5k on something better.

I started to say that's why Carnival makes different sizes of ships..... because everyone has their own preferences. Then I realized that that wasn't right, because Carnival is just going to keep adding bigger, badder, more bells and whistles as the fleet grows. :)

We love the Spirit class, and we're fine without the upgrades. I'll miss the Miracle and her sisters when they are gone.