Canadian Cruisers - Canada Day $150OBC Bonus

jenng1976

I wanted to add my thanks to the OP for starting this thread. I received the email from Princess for this promo but it says new booking only - nice they are adding it to existing bookings.

We have an 8 day, followed by another 8 day, 5 day, 5 day, 14 day, 10 day, 14 day and 110 day cruises booked so this is a big saving. The strange thing was for the first 5 day the code was rejected by their system as not applicable but the second 5 day went through. The follow-up checking resulted in the reason being it was not 7 days or more - I did not want to argue in case they changed the 2nd 5 day

Thank you for posting! We contacted the PVP we booked with. She told my h no, we couldn't get it and if she tried we would lose our beverage package deal.

I called Princess direct, gave her the booking number, mentioned the promotion and she said, ok, I have added it to your booking. I confirmed we didn't lose our beverage package, she said no, of course not, I have added the Canada day promotion to your existing booking. *happy dance*

I went through my TA to try to get the Canada 150 OBC, but Princess said no. We had booked our February 2018 cruise last fall. My understanding is that to get the OBC you would have to re-book the cruise. For us, we would lose the benefits that we already have.:(

I went through my TA to try to get the Canada 150 OBC, but Princess said no. We had booked our February 2018 cruise last fall. My understanding is that to get the OBC you would have to re-book the cruise. For us, we would lose the benefits that we already have.:(

It may be the cruise but I got it for our B2B in February 2018, did not have to rebook and no change in price. We already have AIBP included and kept that as well. I was not able to get it for our other three bookings where we have AIBP and free gratuities as we had booked them during a three day sale. The free gratuities are worth more anyway. Call Princess directly and try there.

I was also able to have this applied to a Feb/18 B2B booked a year ago with sip and sail. My TA, an American agency, said at first no and that if I wanted I could hear it direct from Princess because they were also on the line. Princess told me no first and then after some back and forth between the 3 of us they were finally able to apply it to my booking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The terms of the Canada Day sale specify:

[legal]

‡Up to $150 Onboard Spending Money per stateroom ($75 per guest) is applicable to reservations booked and deposited between June 28, 2017 and July 5, 2017 for voyages listed in this promotion only ...

Sent from my SM-T520 using Forums mobile app

Just to confirm some others' experiences... I got the promotion added today, but had to cancel and rebook. No big deal for us as our PVP got us the same rooms, the cruise fare hadn't changed, and we had no other promotions on our booking. The deposit I already paid and FCDs I used were transferred over. I'm glad others were simply able to get it added.

Call Princess directly and try there.

If your booking is with a TA, Princess will not talk to you about anything connected with pricing or amenities for the cruise. Princess will tell you to contact your TA.

The terms of the Canada Day sale specify:

[legal]

‡Up to $150 Onboard Spending Money per stateroom ($75 per guest) is applicable to reservations booked and deposited between June 28, 2017 and July 5, 2017 for voyages listed in this promotion only ...

Sent from my SM-T520 using Forums mobile app

Our cruise was booked in April and we had no problem adding it to our existing booking. Our PVP said it would be silly to cancel and rebook the entire cruise just to add the promo.

I got credit added to three cruises. One in October and December 2017 and October 2018. Each cruise was booked with different promotions that I did not have to up previous perks. Two cruises were booked thru travel agent and one directly with Princess. Travel agent didn't say there was any issue adding, but when I called Princess for the cruise I booked directly the agent had not even heard of offer but after further investigation she was able to add.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had booked a cruise on June 28th but I booked one I'd put on hold the day before and so it didn't show the credit. Called Princess to have it added and was told no. Instead I had him cancel the cruise and then just went online and rebooked it. Too bad for him that the survey came up for me afterwards - I hope he enjoys his 3.