"Wing It" Anyone ? - Summit July 7th

kmeeker

We will be on the 9 Day Summit Cruise - July 7th. Although not our 1st time cruising, we aren't yearly cruisers. It will be just my husband and I and we both are great with walking a bit.

My question is with stops in Boston (very familiar to us), RI (never been) and 2 days in Bermuda (never been), is there anyone else that has or will be kind of 'winging it' per se? By that I mean not booking much ahead in ports and going with whatever moves us and is still available?

We are pretty flexible and may even find ourselves happy at the pool or something, so we don't want to overbook in advance, but it seems many book a lot in advance and maybe I need to be more concerned? To be honest at the moment, I'm not concerned a bit....I mean regardless, I'm going on a 9 day cruise to Bermuda with great stops, food, entertainment....

Just curious on thoughts and opinions! :)

We will be on the 9 Day Summit Cruise - July 7th. Although not our 1st time cruising, we aren't yearly cruisers. It will be just my husband and I and we both are great with walking a bit.

My question is with stops in Boston (very familiar to us), RI (never been) and 2 days in Bermuda (never been), is there anyone else that has or will be kind of 'winging it' per se? By that I mean not booking much ahead in ports and going with whatever moves us and is still available?

We are pretty flexible and may even find ourselves happy at the pool or something, so we don't want to overbook in advance, but it seems many book a lot in advance and maybe I need to be more concerned? To be honest at the moment, I'm not concerned a bit....I mean regardless, I'm going on a 9 day cruise to Bermuda with great stops, food, entertainment....

Just curious on thoughts and opinions! :)

We are on the same cruise, July 7th. We have not booked anything and will be winging it. We have been to Boston numerous times, Newport at least 4 this will be 5, and we have been to Bermuda 5 times. No need to book anything in any of these ports.

We are on the same cruise, July 7th. We have not booked anything and will be winging it. We have been to Boston numerous times, Newport at least 4 this will be 5, and we have been to Bermuda 5 times. No need to book anything in any of these ports.

Oh thanks for that reassurance! Hopefully...we shall meet in 8 days!!! :-)

Wife and I went to Newport two weeks ago. When you get off the tender you will see the Marriott, on the other side of the hotel is the visitor center. You can arrange any number of trips. On one day we took the harbor tour which was very nice. We also did the trolley tour of Newport with a visit to the Breakers included. This was Vanderbilts home and this tour was excellent. Trolley had AC.

You should read up on your ports...a guidebook is very helpful...that will allow your "winging it" (which we always do!) to have a bit more purpose...you will get more from your time in each place if you know something about where you're visiting!

Definitely read up on your ports, it's a good way of learning where some things are and gives you an idea of what to see and do without doing any long range planning. I've been to Bermuda many many times, and only once have I made solid plans and booked a reservation long in advance(it was for afternoon tea in St George and reservations were mandatory). Usually, I have an idea of what I want to do each day I'm there and it's not a big deal if it doesn't get done, because I know I'll be back. ;):D Newport is a wonderful walking town, the cliff walk is great. Enjoy your cruise!

When we did Bermuda two years ago we made two reservations. My buddy and I booked a dive trip as they are limited. Our other reservation was two scooters for three days. The four of us had a trip for the ages and winged it all along (except scuba)! Thanks to the Bermudians who gladly offered help out of the blu (pun intended), we found remote beaches and fantastic sites!

When we did Bermuda two years ago we made two reservations. My buddy and I booked a dive trip as they are limited. Our other reservation was two scooters for three days. The four of us had a trip for the ages and winged it all along (except scuba)! Thanks to the Bermudians who gladly offered help out of the blu (pun intended), we found remote beaches and fantastic sites!

Caution on the bikes in Bermuda, they look cute but can be dangerous. You will probably see someone on board who has been injured riding the bikes. I drove a bike at work during my career as a Police Officer and would not do a bike in Bermuda.

Caution on the bikes in Bermuda, they look cute but can be dangerous. You will probably see someone on board who has been injured riding the bikes. I drove a bike at work during my career as a Police Officer and would not do a bike in Bermuda.

My daughters gym teacher was killed on one. It was her honeymoon. <|3