B2B Booking Question

Woobstr112G

I would consider myself an experienced cruiser but I am confused by something that is probably pretty simple to figure out. I was looking at two cruises on the Crown Princess. One is the 14 day T/A (Nov 3, 2018). The other is the 25 day cruise which combines the preceding 11 day cruise with the 14 day T/A. Here is my question. On the 14 day T/A, a Penthouse suite (A751) shows available. On the 25 day b2b, it shows as not available. How is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any replies.....:):):)

Bob

Assuming it shows as available for the 11NT cruise and the 14NT, it's the weakness of the Princess yield management process. A given cabin, at any given moment, is only available to book under a single Voyage number for a given day *no matter how many voyages may contain that particular date*. So it can either be available for the solo sailing or the b2b-as-a-single-Voyage-number but not both.

When it's a normal cabin type, the response from Princess is usually "tough luck"; given that this is a pretty specific category a phone call to reservations might result in someone determining a price for booking as a single Voyage.

VibeGuy is correct.

I was on one cruise that could be booked four ways.

1) A TA starting in Houston

2) Same TA but boarding in FLL.

3) Starting in Houston and including the next voyage around the British Isles.

4) Same TA and British Isles, but boarding in FLL

Cabins available for one of the four ways were not available any of the other three ways.

This was true even though cabins booked starting in FLL had to remain empty from Houston to FLL.

If you have a good travel agent, he/she might be able to convince Princess to move the cabin you want to the way you want to book it.

By the way, with methods 3) and 4) above, cabins allocated that way were thus unavailable to anyone wanting to just book the British Isles cruise and, of course, cabins allocated to just the British Isles cruise could not be available for methods 3) and 4).

Assuming it shows as available for the 11NT cruise and the 14NT, it's the weakness of the Princess yield management process. A given cabin, at any given moment, is only available to book under a single Voyage number for a given day *no matter how many voyages may contain that particular date*. So it can either be available for the solo sailing or the b2b-as-a-single-Voyage-number but not both.

When it's a normal cabin type, the response from Princess is usually "tough luck"; given that this is a pretty specific category a phone call to reservations might result in someone determining a price for booking as a single Voyage.

VibeGuy is correct.

I was on one cruise that could be booked four ways.

1) A TA starting in Houston

2) Same TA but boarding in FLL.

3) Starting in Houston and including the next voyage around the British Isles.

4) Same TA and British Isles, but boarding in FLL

Cabins available for one of the four ways were not available any of the other three ways.

This was true even though cabins booked starting in FLL had to remain empty from Houston to FLL.

If you have a good travel agent, he/she might be able to convince Princess to move the cabin you want to the way you want to book it.

By the way, with methods 3) and 4) above, cabins allocated that way were thus unavailable to anyone wanting to just book the British Isles cruise and, of course, cabins allocated to just the British Isles cruise could not be available for methods 3) and 4).

Thanks for the info.....:):):)

Bob

The cabin is shown as "sold" for the 11NT cruise but "available" for the 14NT cruise. Since the 25NT cruise is a "logical" combination of the two cruises, if that cabin is already "sold" for one of the two cruises Princess can't offer that cabin for the 25NT cruise.

Princess will set aside some cabins for the "logical" cruises and they will not be available for booking as individual cruises on the website. If a person wants to book that cabin for only one of the cruises then they need to contact Princess directly to see if they will do that. That is not a factor in this example.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Would you be kind enough to answer some questions about wine? Do you carry it on with you when you board or put it in your luggage? I saw you can bring more than one bottle but they change a $15 fee, correct? If you're going to Alaska and thus not duty free, can you bring wine on at those ports and pay the corkage fee?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Would you be kind enough to answer some questions about wine? Do you carry it on with you when you board or put it in your luggage? Carry it on. If in your luggage it could get broken with the resulting mess. Or if the xray scanners spot it, you'll be called to the "naughty" room to open your suitcase for inspection.

I saw you can bring more than one bottle but they charge a $15 fee, correct? Yes.

If you're going to Alaska and thus not duty free, can you bring wine on at those ports and pay the corkage fee? Some say that works, others say the ship takes it for storage 'til the end of the voyage.

See above