Silver Muse Walk through Video

les37b

I don't think that the fact that SS has not changed menus thus far mid-cruise necessarily implies that they won't. Provisioning orders are placed some significant time in advance, and if (as I suspect/hope will be the case) SS changes menus during longer cruises, there will be some lag between a) determining the contents of the new menu, 2) ordering the provisions necessary for the new menu and 3) the arrival of those provisions on the ship.

Yes we got a call from management and they are getting us a copy of the new menus with rotation days for each restaurant.

Never say never. Glad its given you a better idea of what to expect.

Les you did a great job and thank you for your trouble. But I can see why he asked about the observation bar. At your time slot you provided you are just passing the boutique and walking up the stairs on one flight. I believe the Panorama lounge lives there. But don't sweat it, you did a great job and thank you for your time and up loading.

I don't think that the fact that SS has not changed menus thus far mid-cruise necessarily implies that they won't. Provisioning orders are placed some significant time in advance, and if (as I suspect/hope will be the case) SS changes menus during longer cruises, there will be some lag between a) determining the contents of the new menu, 2) ordering the provisions necessary for the new menu and 3) the arrival of those provisions on the ship.

I am well aware of the impact for the cruise line changing menus. What should be foremost is customer satisfaction. And I can tell you, having sailed on the Muse, that many people were unhappy with the static menus and the difficulties in changing dining venues or eating with fellow travellers.

Les, thank you so much for all your hard work. Very much enjoyed the vid, we watched it twice, once on the 'puter, and once on the TV.

May I ask what camera you used? Your video prompted us to haul out our old camcorder, and it's not up to snuff anymore. We are currently shopping.

Les, thank you so much for all your hard work. Very much enjoyed the vid, we watched it twice, once on the 'puter, and once on the TV.

May I ask what camera you used? Your video prompted us to haul out our old camcorder, and it's not up to snuff anymore. We are currently shopping.

All the footage in the videos were shot using a GoPro 4 Silver.

All time lapse were fixed to railings and glass using cheap connecting devices such as clamps and suction cups. I also used an extension arm which ensures you are clear of objects and able to get the "correct angle".

I also used a 3 axis gimble which compensates for movement and keeps the footage horizontal.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ZXB01UU/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1498982399&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=feiyu

Gimble

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B011769YUM/ref=pd_aw_sbs_421_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CGB5BVDN70E6GSWT5W7Q&dpPl=1&dpID=61UDXmznBrL

Arm

I have 3 GoPro which I keep charged during time lapse by connecting to an external battery back and can film for hours and hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best wishes for a very speedy recovery & again Les, thank you for taking your cruise time to photograph & to share your wonderful videos and your thoughts.

I have a question regarding the reviews of the Muse? Does anyone wonder why the reviews are to a very large extent from people who have had only one posting? Maybe this happens all the time but I'm not going to sleuth around because you are all frequent posters & frequent Silversea cruisers & probably know the answer. I don't doubt his/her motives - maybe it's because he/she feels so strongly? I try to look for the best possible motive ...... but it's very curious.

Edited by nowornever
left off the end of the sentence. Duh!

Hi,

There is no definitive answer, but I owned a satisfaction research and consultancy business and the answer to a great degree was implied in your own comments.

People tend to post reviews when they have strong views and that means that those that post are self-selected. The consequence is those that were delighted or dissapointed tend to post more prolifically than those that feel they don't have an awful lot to say ie those where the cruise simply was as they expected it to be. I have no scientific basis but believe that those with dissapointments are more likely to post than those who were delighted. So what you read might be skewed toward being the dissatisfied as being more vocal and noisy than those satisfied.

But that in itself doesn't mean you should write off a number of adverse reviews. A part of quality is consistency. And all customers are individuals, and luxury implies meeting and exceeding the expectations of the vast majority of their customers expectations.

A process that might help you focus on the wheat rather than the chaff is to make a list of features that are important to you and then read the reviews and see how many of the negatives and positives either encourage you or discourage and concern you. For example many of the Muse gripes is about restaurants for dinner. If that doesn't matter to you then Muse might be perfect. If it does then you might want to delve deeper before making a booking. If experiencing a brand spanking new ship is more important to you, then that might imply that you should book.

In the end other peoples' reviews are only one part of the picure.

Hope this helps .......

Best wishes for a very speedy recovery & again Les, thank you for taking your cruise time to photograph & to share your wonderful videos and your thoughts.

I have a question regarding the reviews of the Muse? Does anyone wonder why the reviews are to a very large extent from people who have had only one posting? Maybe this happens all the time but I'm not going to sleuth around because you are all frequent posters & frequent Silversea cruisers & probably know the answer. I don't doubt his/her motives - maybe it's because he/she feels so strongly? I try to look for the best possible motive ...... but it's very curious.

I really can't answer that, though I do agree with much of what Jeff has said.

Strangely, I've only read a couple of the Muse reviews and from what I did read, the complaints about the ship were consistent and I personally think much of the blame for those who were dissatisfied falls completely on SS for not passing on the information on how the dinning experience works on the Muse. For a great number of SS guests, having the bigger choice of restaurants is a curse not an improvement. No I don't obviously mean it's not appreciated, but that it introduces the problem of choosing where to eat and unfortunately limits with whom. Meeting in the bar and going on to dinner together is all down to where you have all booked.

I do understand completely why this can be a problem, but for me personally it wasn't. I didn't experience problems changing reservations either, though I'm certainly not challenging anyone who say they did. I do also think the weather has a big part to play on how full the "main" venues become.

I do also think that whilst Criticism of the dining system is not the unreasonable, I do think that once a gripe exists it polarises and causes a reviewer to nit pick other things to add. I'm basing that view on things I've read and dismissed as someone going to town on something they've been upset about so padding it out!

I think the overlying thing I've noticed is the ship itself doesn't get criticised. The ship IMHO is wonderful. But if SS were asking for advise on how to improve things, there are numerous things I could suggest. The main one being better utilisation of Le dolce vita space for dining). Some of the art onboard is hideous... but all these things didn't detract from my cruise. Just opinions - which reviews generally are too. People love to complain with genuine issues and are less likely to review when it's gone well. Human nature.

I've not actually made a review in the review section, but obviously been quite vocal prior to sailing and after. I went along aware of the problems raised and for me they were non issues. Everyone is different. For some, losing the MDR is a step too far (for a definite place to eat), but for me I enjoy the extra selection available. Does that back up what I've said about reviewers? Probably! I did say that I would report truthfully how I found things and I think I've been true to my word.

Clearly SS need to be more upfront about this. If they get guests unaware and hate the new arrangements, they may end up losing customers for good. If you book,knowing this is potentially a problem that you will hate, then I do think it best to chose one of the other ships over the Muse rather than risk disappointment. I have always felt that way.

It will be interesting to see what Muse 2 will be like. Personally, I hope they go back to a MDR for this vessel. No, that's not a sign of a preference, but a wish for those affected by something seen as a flaw, to be able to enjoy this wonderful new ship as they would have preferred this one to have been like.

Everyone is happy. :-)

I did have a long chat with my SS agent yesterday and he did ask me for feedback. He agreed the biggest negative was reservations, but did say he would pass on my criticism these complaints will continue unless SS are more open and honest with how the ship operates dining and not have guest find out about them on the day. People on these forums generally pass on info so informed decisions can be made. That info does not find its way to the vast majority of cruisers, but IMHO SS owes it to them to be up front and even mention it can be a negative to have more choice. It might cost a booking on the Muse, but keep a SS customer in the long run rather than lose for good because they hate what they had booked.

I need to take a peak at the reviews! I've not read any since the second voyage.... but I think I'm certain on how they will read generally.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Les, Huge Kudos for your Muse vid--just wonderful. In the last year have come to sincerely appreciate your balanced/knowledgeable Silversea posts. Moreover, appreciate greatly your generosity of spirit/your willingness to share your views with us here on the Silversea board. Thanks for continuously going above and beyond.

Accordingly, felt you post #37 above and your Muse Vid would be appreciated by the Silversea leadership, so I shared this thread, highlighting your post and vid with the senior SS leadership here in the U.S.

Within hours got a reply back from the SS Managing Director of the Americas. Pls see below:

Dear Wes,

Thanks for sharing, we are working on solutions that address the issues.

Will keep you posted and have shared this will the leadership and operating team in Monaco.

Happy 4th!

Mark

Mark Conroy, Managing Director, The Americas

Silversea Cruises

Wells Fargo Center

333 SE 2nd Avenue | Suite 2600 | Miami, FL 33131

Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2017 7:07 AM

To: Mark Conroy Cc: Frank Sansone ;

Subject: Good & balanced comments on Silver Muse with 35 min video that is very, very well done

Happy Fourth (our nation's 241st born day) of July Mark.

Just a short email to share a very reasonable Silversea cruise critic (Les) comments & vid on his recent Silver Muse experience. Since, Les37b is from the UK he passed his comments on to his TA and therefore do not know if they will get to your UK SS folks and ultimately you. So, thought I would share (obviously Les is a huge fan of Silversea in general and the Muse in particular--he has spent hours putting his video and thoughtful words on the Muse together.

Hope you find this useful.

Best, Wes

Les's summary comment, video and thread are linked below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2516216&page=2

les37b

Edited by Host Dan
At posters request

Thanks for your kind words Wes and forwarding the video my personal thoughts on reviews in general and my own take on things on the Muse. That was of course the abridged version, but sometimes less is better. I'm still midway amending that video with a change of music and address the 10 second "red blotch" at about 30 minutes. I've taken it easy with my feet up.... and thats not foot op related! lol

Certainly they will be aware of most that Ive said - but I do hope they take on board the need to be more up front about how the ship operates for dining reservations as it is very clear the message has not reached everyone. Those that do know can make an informed decision, but if you don't, we'll that's just not being fair.

If they need my address for a free trip, I'm happy to provide! :)