Non-Refundable Deposit

You can “move” a sailing out further than a year.

For example I could move a NRD to a sailing in April 2020.

There are no time restrictions when you move a cruise as no FCC is ever issued.

And there is no limit to how many times you can move it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Well, you take a $100pp hit every time you move it, right? Eventually you run out of deposit.
Not if you book refundable.

My uncle and his wife had to cancel a nonrefundable cruise. They were not sure if the wanted to cruise again. The rep applied the $700 of the original $900 deposit to a refundable fare in march 2020. The rep said this would give them plenty of time to decide.

Not if you book refundable.

My uncle and his wife had to cancel a nonrefundable cruise. They were not sure if the wanted to cruise again. The rep applied the $700 of the original $900 deposit to a refundable fare in march 2020. The rep said this would give them plenty of time to decide.

We were talking about non refundable rates.

Also once a fare is booked in non refundable it must stay non refundable. You can’t switch it from Non refundable to refundable.

I added to my comment.
I didn't think so either.....but I went and looked at my uncle's 2020 reservation and it is refundable. I even called Royal pretending to be my uncle and asked about getting the 2020 deposit refunded back to his credit card. The rep stated the refund could not be credited back to a credit card but the full deposit could be moved to another cruise if needed.

I didn't think so either.....but I went and looked at my uncle's 2020 reservation and it is refundable. I even called Royal pretending to be my uncle and asked about getting the 2020 deposit refunded back to his credit card. The rep stated the refund could not be credited back to a credit card but the full deposit could be moved to another cruise if needed.

They made a mistake then. See item 19. I think that the rep forgot to mention that there would be another $100 fee. If the full amount cannot be refunded to a credit card it must still be listed as a NRD. Good luck in 2020 trying to move it.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/LTYA_News/17056800_Nonrefundable_FAQ_News.pdf

They made a mistake then. See item 19. I think that the rep forgot to mention that there would be another $100 fee. If the full amount cannot be refunded to a credit card it must still be listed as a NRD. Good luck in 2020 trying to move it.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/LTYA_News/17056800_Nonrefundable_FAQ_News.pdf

The 2020 reservation is marked REFUNDABLE. Might be a error by Royal....but the rep did it on the system.

The rep I called Saturday was going to allow me to move the entire $700 to any other cruise without penalty.

We all know how Royal works.....lol