Crown after Regal/Royal

passy

Busy, yes. But why is it busy? Answer, because the ship designers provided the entertainment staff with only two locations, Vista Lounge, Princess Live, for their normal activities. I question the thinking of the top Princess execs. Why design a venue where it is difficult to sell one of your most profitable on board items, drinks? Why take the low sales road? You may enjoy Princess Live, but we just tolerate it. With that said we are booked on the Royal for twenty days next February.

I'd have to say we enjoy certain activities but not all.

We'll also be back on the Royal only because it so much better than any other choice for us.

I agree with SKNight's comments above about the advantages of the Crown and that class of smaller ship, and also wanted to mention the Promenade Deck 7, which we love for walking and sitting.

It seems to depend upon which type of cruiser you are - which segment are you as you book - if you are motivated by itinerary, ships, deals, service, or season..

We are motivated by itinerary and we were pressed to choose, we prefer the Crown class ships to Royal/Regal larger ship. We were just on both and have no complaints.

(Either way, we cruised with friends on another line last month and what we saw aboard there made Crown GLEAM, so there's no jumping ship for us..).

Finally - we have cruised once over NYE, and there was a ballon drop in the piazza. [emoji324]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Finally - we have cruised once over NYE, and there was a ballon drop in the piazza. [emoji324]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All the ships now have a balloon drop every cruise. It promotes dancing & drinking in the piazza.

It's to loud for my taste but it is popular.

We are looking forward to our first Princess cruise this November (and our next two in 2019) on the Grand.

I think that I can do a similar comparison though from our Celebrity/RCI cruises. Our first was SUPPOSED to be on the Infinity manay, MANY moons ago; it got cancelled due to the infamous azipod problems. They gave us a refund and a free cruise on the Legend of the Seas (considerably an older and smaller grande dame, even at the time). For a first cruise, she was great! Good food, lots of entertainment; we had a blast!

Next cruise on Celebrity, the Summit, Mexican Riviera (I think a newer ship, definitely bigger, more WOW, older crowd, more sedate atmosphere): great cruise, lots of entertainment, we had a blast!.

For us, even looking back, there are great things to love about any cruise; it's up to you.

I would take either of those first cruises again on both ships.

That's why we are doing the Grand (also she's very convenient, no flying needed), having done due diligence, and talked to people who have been on her as well as the larger, more WOW ships of Princess.

Whichever you choose, you'll enjoy I think. :D