GTY bookings and upgrades.

cdn_tbird

DW and I are booked in a C1 cabin on the Equinox which are fully sold out for our sailing. A few weeks ago I saw that Celebrity was selling C1 GTY bookings which fit me thinking. When it comes time for these GTY bookings to be assigned a room, would they get bumped up to a suite or would the suite be offered to someone with a confirmed C1 booking (with our without an upgrade cost) and then or cabin be used to fulfil the GTY booking?

Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On June 8 I booked a inside GTY on Celebrity Eclipse exotic southern Caribbean March 18, 2018. last week my cabin was assigned, 9 months prior of sailing date and no final payment made. I only receive a minor upgrade from deck 3 to deck 7.

There is no fixed pattern to assign the guaranteed cabins, certain passengers have had to wait for their cabin until they are in port during the registration process.

They are usually assigned quickly and the guarantee usually gets the upgrade if one is available. That being said, anything can happen. You might also take the guarantee and then get one in an area you don't like and yours may be gone to someone else. A guarantee is a gamble, it just depends on whether you want to take the chance.

Also they may have already accounted for all the c1's in the booking of the guarantees. Meaning they may have assigned them all and no one gets upgrades :(

I've been monitoring the pricing on C1 cabins since we booked last August and they've been "sold out" since at least late March / early April so I was curious when I saw C1 become available in early June, only to see it was a gty.

We're quite happy with the cabin and pricing we have. When I did a mock booking the C1 GTY was over $1100 USD more than we're paying worth the same perks so I won't feel too bad if we don't get the upgrade offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you see a distant cruise that appears to be "sold out", that may not be the real case. There are rooms that are held back and released at a later date. So all of the "available" rooms have been taken from that particular inventory.

Many TA's book blocks of cabins and then release then at final payment, when they can't sell them. Celebrity then needs to fill those cabins, so they offer them at reduced rates and also provide GTY. We have book using GTY our last few cruises and have been pretty lucky. We have been able to move our assigned cabin to a location we prefer also....Captain's Club personnel have been very helpful. We generally book Concierge Class and have been assigned cabins within that class.

Many TA's book blocks of cabins and then release then at final payment, when they can't sell them. Celebrity then needs to fill those cabins, so they offer them at reduced rates and also provide GTY. .

Today, I was looking at a cruise. Celebrity had it as being "sold out". I had received an e-mail from a club and they had 8 cabins in the class that had been allegedly "sold out". Looks like someone had a block. Most of them were adjacent to each other and were good cabins.

On June 8 I booked a inside GTY on Celebrity Eclipse exotic southern Caribbean March 18, 2018. last week my cabin was assigned, 9 months prior of sailing date and no final payment made. I only receive a minor upgrade from deck 3 to deck 7.

There is no fixed pattern to assign the guaranteed cabins, certain passengers have had to wait for their cabin until they are in port during the registration process.

You didn't receive an upgrade if you are still in an inside cabin. An inside GTY guarantees ANY inside cabin as a minimum assignment. It's only considered an upgrade if you were allocated an oceanview or balcony etc. If you are assigned an inside on any deck, irrespective of category, then you have what you have paid for: an inside cabin.

Just curious- I have never seen a C1 guarantee. Do these exist?

If you are looking at an XC then you are guaranteeing a minimum of C3.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oddly enough, I have seen this. Attempted to book a C1 category cabin (even though XC was available at a lower price) and the only option was a GTY...no cabins listed. And the GTY was at the higher C1 price. Figured, what the heck...if I'm paying for a GTY, why not just pay the lower price?