Best beach excursions while on liberty

We are going on Liberty of the Seas over Thanksgiving. We have just decided to enjoy beaches while on this cruise. What are the best beach excursions at each port? We always like to book through the ship (I know there are other options but I just am interested in the ship excursions).

I have read hundreds of reviews but find them confusing as it doesn't always list which beach is which. TIA!

We will see you on the cruise!!!! Our third Thanksgiving cruise out of Galveston...first time to Costa Maya.

Last trip in Cozumel we did Nachi Cocom and LOVED it...so relaxing to just sit on the beach, drink rum punch and "dirty monkeys" (very tasty) and eat delicious seafood and guacamole. But....do you have younger kids or active teens? Mr Sanchos or Paradise Beach might be better. Nachi is a mellow, beautiful AI which limits the number of people...but not for everyone. This year we are just doing some shopping and a stop at the Thirsty Cougar before heading back to the ship.

Planning on Maya Chan in Costa Maya... have never been but great reviews. There are other resorts on the Malecon that have great feedback as well and are not AI...depends on what you are looking for....

Years ago we did Anthony's Key in Roatan...through the ship so tons of people but it was OK. Snorkeling was OK but rough waters. We have stayed at Infinity Bay Resort near West Bay and the snorkeling was phenomenal... I think they take ship tours there so you'll be there with lots of people. Still a lovely beach...you might find a private excursion for cheaper that will stop at the best spots.

Check out the Ports of Call pages....lots of useful feedback!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will see you on the cruise!!!! Our third Thanksgiving cruise out of Galveston...first time to Costa Maya.

Last trip in Cozumel we did Nachi Cocom and LOVED it...so relaxing to just sit on the beach, drink rum punch and "dirty monkeys" (very tasty) and eat delicious seafood and guacamole. But....do you have younger kids or active teens? Mr Sanchos or Paradise Beach might be better. Nachi is a mellow, beautiful AI which limits the number of people...but not for everyone. This year we are just doing some shopping and a stop at the Thirsty Cougar before heading back to the ship.

I second Nachi. We've been about 5 times now and have it reserved for our sailing in August. Get there early to get a nice spot under a palapa. They have a great pool with swim up bar and the food is delish! Make sure to reserve early on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parrot Tree resort in Roatan is very nice and super quiet. We went there through Pirates of the Caribbean's Zip and Dip package. I don't think I saw more than 15 people there while we were there. The food was AWESOME! Very relaxing day.

Another vote for Nacho Cocum. My 15 y.o. loves it but he's a pretty laid back kid.

We will be on that cruise with you. My kids are 13, 11, and 9. I usually don't book ship excursions, but I did for Roatan this time.

i booked Maya Chan resort in Costa Maya, Maya Key (through the ship) for Roatan, and we are going to Nachi Cocum in Cozumel. In Roatan, I wanted to do Little French Key, but I read that the number one complaint is that you just don't have enough time to do everything there. And, since Roatan is a short day, I chose Maya Key because it is right by the port.

I have also been to Mr.Sanchos in Cozumel and we had a lot of fun. The kids enjoyed all of the water floats. But, we only spent about an hour on them, so I figured they wouldn't really miss them if we booked Nachi instead.

Bananarama beach resort in Roatan is good. Check out Discount cruise excursions site and International Marketing LTD Site for lots of options in all ports. In Costa Maya, the TropicanteBeach Grill Is popular. 10 minutes by taxi. Contact Steve at http://www.sandalsandskis.com and he'll reserve you a table with/without shade at no cost. Just buy a drink or two. He's a super nice guy. Visit FB page., too. Don't forget Trip Advisor for more suggestions and info. Also, check the port sections here for additional info and suggestions. I give another vote for Playa Mia and Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel.

Of course most of these are not ship excursions, which is what the OP asked. However, I can definitely agree with those who recommended Maya Key at Roatan. Great snorkeling, interesting animals, nice beach, pretty island. And it is a ship excursion. For those considering Maya Chan at Costa Maya, I know two couples who have been there and both said "never again". Great food and drink,but dark and cloudy water with sea grass. Just go to the village and stay anywhere along the beautiful white beach and enjoy the CLEAR water.Great beach day with no "excursion" needed. Transport from the Costa Maya shopping area is either bus or taxi for $3 per person, and coming back is $2 pp in a taxi. Taxis are plentiful for returning to the port. It's about an 8 minutes taxi ride.

So happy I found this thread as my Hubby and I are sailing to these 3 ports via Liberty of the Seas in early December. We are thinking of doing Little French Key in Roatan, maybe Nachi Cocom in Cozumel and still don't know much about the Costa Maya Beach clubs. We don't have kids and all we care about is the clear waters, comfy lounges/hammocks and food/drinks (prefer all-inclusive). :)

Just do NOT stay at the contrived shopping area at Costa Maya. Just go to the village of Mahajual as I said above. The whole village is less than a half mile long and is one beach club after another! Or go to the ports of call board to read up on Costa Maya. LOTS of information there.

Is Nachi COCOM one of the listed excursions on Liberty of the Seas or is it an outside activity. I am really interested in it and any other suggestions for Cayman & Jamaica. I am so confused on all this cruise stuff really wished I would have used a travel agent!

Is Nachi COCOM one of the listed excursions on Liberty of the Seas or is it an outside activity. I am really interested in it and any other suggestions for Cayman & Jamaica. I am so confused on all this cruise stuff really wished I would have used a travel agent!

Nachi is not a cruise line excursion, it's a private excursion. You book it with their website.

We are going on the same itinerary on Oct 1. We haven't decided on excursions yet but we were in Cozumel last year on the other itinerary.. We did the jeep drive off roading to the Myan ruins and beach. It was a lot of fun. The history they taught was very interesting. The off roading was lots of fun. My husband had a blast driving. The lunch they served was very good and the group had a private beach to ourselves. I believe there was sixteen of us so it was very relaxing. We felt like family with the tour guides when we left.

• 2 weeks later...

We have been to Playa Mia all-inclusive resort in Cozumel and loved it so much we are taking our kids (5, 3, 1) back in September. There is plenty to do, between sand volleyball, the floating obstacle course, the massive buffet, unlimited drinks (we don't drink but love the virgin strawberry daquiris and pina coladas). They have various water activities that you can do, I think some of them are free, but can't remember 100%. They have two water slides where your kids can race each other, as well as a little kids play area. It has some shopping if you like to do that, and tons of loungers. We have it booked through Royal and are looking forward to going back! It sounds like Nachi is fun, although I have never been there, but do some research on Playa Mia too, and make sure to book it when Royal does their excursions discount sale. We booked it with the sale this last time and it was 20% off and made a big difference for our party of 5. Good luck and have fun!

You don't need a travel agent...you need a GUIDEBOOK! Libraries have them and it will tell you all about all the beaches, what facilities each has, transportation, food/drink, restrooms, and safety. Head to the "reference" section of your library..that's where guidebooks are!