Help a long time Princess cruiser try something new :)

PrincessMelody

It seems like Celebrity is a line to definitely try if you're looking for something different after doing a number of cruises (11 for me) in a row on Princess. I've had a couple of cruises on X booked within the last year or so that I had to cancel due to work schedules. It looks I will be retiring next March so I'm looking to branch out in 2019.....:):):)

Bob

Bob,

Your thinking of going to the DARK SIDE. Say it ain't so!!!!! :D :D :D.

Tony

Bob,

Your thinking of going to the DARK SIDE. Say it ain't so!!!!! :D :D :D.

Tony

Tony;

I'm a loyal Princess cruiser so I ain't going anywhere. I just want try something different at least once. My ultimate goal is to try a cruise on a luxury line such as Seabourn or SIlversea.....:):):)

Bob

Tony;

I'm a loyal Princess cruiser so I ain't going anywhere. I just want try something different at least once. My ultimate goal is to try a cruise on a luxury line such as Seabourn or SIlversea.....:):):)

Bob

OK Bob, I just got nervous thinking we were going to lose you to the Darkside. :D :D :D

Tony

Might try MSC - they have a status match program, so your Elite status transfers over to MSC Black level. We did a 7 day cruise with MSC and enjoyed it - It's different than Princess, more European, and thought the Buffet's and MDR food was better on MSC. Still prefer Princess to MSC but it was nice to try something new

MSC and Princess have a Rewards reciprocity program?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a very good question as we have cruised most of our cruises with Princess but have tried other lines as well like Carnival,CelebrityHolland,Cunard,Royal,NCL and Msc.

Must say enjoyed ourself very much on the newer NCL ships but if we don't cruise Princess my second choice is now Celebrity. The Solstice class ships are really really nice and food and entertainment was great. Love the new vibe on Celebrity chic without being over the top. Our only downside is the drinks our way too expensive compared to Princess.

Sea ya

Eric

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums

I give my loyalty to my family and my friends but never ever to a cruise line. There are too many beautiful ships and great lines out there to try without cruising the same cruise line over and over. Give one of them a try but go with an open mind.

Hi all! I was hoping for your opinions...Hubs and I are mid 40's, and LOVE cruising! We have over 20 Princess cruises, and we are very happy with them. However, We were thinking that once in a while we should branch out and try some other lines too! It's hard to figure out which one to choose, since we have cruised so much and so long with Princess we are out of touch with all the others!

On Princess we enjoy the Atrium, music and dancing, the International Cafe, the MUTS, good MDR food and buffet, and nice pool/outdoor areas.

So hoping some of you who cruise other lines as well could recommend another line for us to try that would provide a similar experience to what we enjoy about Princess.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts :)

I would think Celebrity would be a good line for you to try. Actually Celebrity's ships get very high marks here on Cruisecritic. But Holland America and RCI might also be something to consider too. Although much pricier - you should also look at Oceania or Crystal. Sometimes you can find good deals on those lines too. I've on all the lines and each one does things differently and each one has their pros and cons. The best thing to do is do your homework. Cruise critic is a vast resource with tons of reviews. If you do try a different line just understand it won't be Princess. Go with the flow with a positive attitude. It's really a matter of trial and error. You never know you might like another line better than Princess. But if not you can always go back to Princess.

We are also Princess elite passengers and we're looking for a nice fall cruise. Love Alaska, but hate the travel to Seattle or Vancouver from the Midwest. Found a Royal Caribbean cruise from Cape Liberty on the Anthem to Canada/NewEngland. A nice day drive from home and the 9 day cruise was cheaper than the Regal 7 day cruise. So we thought we would give it a try. Looking forward to a new innovative ship and new shows. We've seen all the Princess shows several times. I'll miss my perks but we will be back on Princess in January.

Sent from my iPad using Forums