rip off royal caribbean

RC Uk and RC US run different promotions at the same time so prices can vary. When i booked last year paying in Euro i got a better deal than at that time the US site was offering plus it was drinks package included.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I'm confused by the argument here.

It's fairly simple to get the USD price for a cruise from a variety of websites, regardless of where one currently is in the world.

Is the OP's argument that the price in pounds is more than the dollar price at current exchange rates? That would be a fairly easy to demonstrate with screen shots if so.

Otherwise it's entirely possible that buying a service offered by a US company with a devalued currency might well be more expensive than you're used to it being.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm confused by the argument here.

It's fairly simple to get the USD price for a cruise from a variety of websites, regardless of where one currently is in the world.

Is the OP's argument that the price in pounds is more than the dollar price at current exchange rates? That would be a fairly easy to demonstrate with screen shots if so.

Otherwise it's entirely possible that buying a service offered by a US company with a devalued currency might well be more expensive than you're used to it being.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a feeling he was just upset with the new RC UK sale today offering 30% off cruise fair and free Wifi. Alot of people were expecting BOGO 50% off all Inclusive package plus 25% off 3rd and 4th guests.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I'm confused by the argument here. It's fairly simple to get the USD price for a cruise from a variety of websites, regardless of where one currently is in the world. Is the OP's argument that the price in pounds is more than the dollar price at current exchange rates?
The OP referred to the "weak pound" indicating that the concern was that the price of the cruise had increased when paid for in pounds because the pound is worth less. The OP seems to think that the cruise line should give big discounts to UK travelers traveling on North American based cruise lines, though without providing a reason for the gift.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

yet again rip off prices for the uk but blame it on the weak pound ?

Prices are in US dollars so of course a weak pound and in my case a weak CDN dollar makes cruises seem more expensive than you and I would like them to be. You are not being "ripped off".

Prices are in US dollars so of course a weak pound and in my case a weak CDN dollar makes cruises seem more expensive than you and I would like them to be. You are not being "ripped off".

My advice is hone your negotiating skills and always ask for a discount and compare prices with different TAs and your price can be better.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I have a feeling he was just upset with the new RC UK sale today offering 30% off cruise fair and free Wifi. Alot of people were expecting BOGO 50% off all Inclusive package plus 25% off 3rd and 4th guests.

We booked a promotion like this for 2016.

Couldn't get anything similar for 2017 so cruised with Princess.

Looks like we will be doing the same and cruising Princess in 2018.

Please take note RC...you are losing customers !!!

I think much of the anguish is due to discrepancies between Terms and Conditions of booking, in UK comparing US and other parts of the world, before we even start on prices !!!

For every passenger Royal Caribbean loses to Princess, this way, Carnival loses a passenger to Celebrity for something else. I bet that's why they don't seem so concerned. It's basically a wash for them.