Norwegian 7 Day vs Anthem 5 Day?

vlwalker

Hi,

I've always wanted to sail to Bermuda on either Breakaway or Anthem (5 day). I am an active 60 year old female, but is there enough to do on a 7 day cruise with the 2 night stay on Breakaway? Or, will the 5 day on Anthem be enough, with the one night over? Please help!!!

I would 100% recommend the 7 day over the 5 day. Having the extra 20 hours gives you that extra bit of time as you explore the island. A lot of the tours and excursions on Bermuda are at least a half day, so it's nice to have that extra time to also tour on your own, whether it's shopping in Hamilton, the National Museum in the Dockyard, or any of the locally run historical tours in St. George. The 5 day just offers too little time, especially as the only port of call for the entire cruise.

I would 100% recommend the 7 day over the 5 day. Having the extra 20 hours gives you that extra bit of time as you explore the island. A lot of the tours and excursions on Bermuda are at least a half day, so it's nice to have that extra time to also tour on your own, whether it's shopping in Hamilton, the National Museum in the Dockyard, or any of the locally run historical tours in St. George. The 5 day just offers too little time, especially as the only port of call for the entire cruise.

Thank you very much.:)

We just returned from a 7 day to Bermuda on the Dawn. We too are active 60 year olds. Wished we had more time in Bermuda! Also, plenty to do on the ship. I would 100% advise 7 day!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi,

I've always wanted to sail to Bermuda on either Breakaway or Anthem (5 day). I am an active 60 year old female, but is there enough to do on a 7 day cruise with the 2 night stay on Breakaway? Or, will the 5 day on Anthem be enough, with the one night over? Please help!!!

There's plenty to do in Bermuda for the 7-day sailing. Also, on the sea days, there is plenty to do. Of course either sailings will take about the same amount of time to get to the island.

There's plenty to do in Bermuda for the 7-day sailing. Also, on the sea days, there is plenty to do. Of course either sailings will take about the same amount of time to get to the island.

Thank you very much!!!

We just returned from a 7 day to Bermuda on the Dawn. We too are active 60 year olds. Wished we had more time in Bermuda! Also, plenty to do on the ship. I would 100% advise 7 day!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks you very much!!!

I will do 7 days!!!

I've done both and really like the 7 day better. There is tons to do in Bermuda.

On our trip this last May,

Day 1: We took the free ferry to St. George, only spent a short time there, you could spend a lot more time by visiting the Unesco site & beaches up here. Then we went to the caves. From there we took the bus to Hamilton, then the ferry back to the dockyard.

Day 2: Horseshoe beach. We only did the 1 beach, but there's a nice trail from Warwick to Horseshoe.

Day 3: Did the Segway tour in the Dockyard.

We could have spent a few more days with some of the other spots around the island. Check out the port boards for ideas on what people do there and/or visit trip advisor.

Of course, you can also get a solo cabin on either the Breakaway this year or the Escape next year depending upon your choice. You may have more success next year because the solos are very popular and worth not having to pay double for the other cabins.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I have been to Bermuda 5 times on cruises. I have yet to see a lot that place has to offer. Plus the places I have seen... I would love to see them again. Bermuda is a place I personally could visit yearly and not get bored. Breakaway has a lot to offer too. I really enjoy the two sea days in a row, very much less hurried feeling than on a 5 day cruise. NCL actually won me over from RCCL due to the fact they have so much choice in Bermuda 7 day cruises. HAL has 4 days in Hamilton, that too is awesome, but the ship is much smaller and subdued than a NCL ship. I like HAL, but I can enjoy myself in a suite for only a little more money than a balcony room on HAL's Veendam. Anthem is quire the ship, but 5 day cruise? That's a tease!!!

I've done both and really like the 7 day better. There is tons to do in Bermuda.

On our trip this last May,

Day 1: We took the free ferry to St. George, only spent a short time there, you could spend a lot more time by visiting the Unesco site & beaches up here. Then we went to the caves. From there we took the bus to Hamilton, then the ferry back to the dockyard.

Day 2: Horseshoe beach. We only did the 1 beach, but there's a nice trail from Warwick to Horseshoe.

Day 3: Did the Segway tour in the Dockyard.

We could have spent a few more days with some of the other spots around the island. Check out the port boards for ideas on what people do there and/or visit trip advisor.

Thank you so much!!!

I have been to Bermuda 5 times on cruises. I have yet to see a lot that place has to offer. Plus the places I have seen... I would love to see them again. Bermuda is a place I personally could visit yearly and not get bored. Breakaway has a lot to offer too. I really enjoy the two sea days in a row, very much less hurried feeling than on a 5 day cruise. NCL actually won me over from RCCL due to the fact they have so much choice in Bermuda 7 day cruises. HAL has 4 days in Hamilton, that too is awesome, but the ship is much smaller and subdued than a NCL ship. I like HAL, but I can enjoy myself in a suite for only a little more money than a balcony room on HAL's Veendam. Anthem is quire the ship, but 5 day cruise? That's a tease!!!

Thank you, very much!!

Keep in mind The Breakaway is only here this year for Bermuda. The Escape take over for next year.

This is (and continues to be) the Breakaway's normal itinerary (has been since she was built). The Escape is substituting for the Breakaway while she is in dry dock in Germany (for a complete overhaul) then doing some Scandinavian cruises.

Of course it's a no brainer, but is there enough to see and do for 2 days?

Yes. There is more than enough to do. And for the Breakaway, it's two overnights in port. 3 days in port. We were on the Breakaway last month and enjoyed the ship (lots to do) and the island. It was our second trip to Bermuda in 2 years on the Breakaway.