FLL Hotel to Port of Miami (with FTTF)

sunshower9

My husband and I will be taking a Carnival cruise out of Miami, and I’m probably going to book a flight into FLL because it’s a lot cheaper than MIA. We’re flying in the night before the cruise and planning to stay in a hotel near FLL. I was looking at shuttles like SAS, MJS, etc. to get us from the hotel to Port of Miami.

We have FTTF so I was hoping to get to the cruise terminal by 11:00am. The SAS website says they do pickups at 9:30am, 11:30am, and 12:30pm. If we scheduled the 9:30am pickup, how long do you think it might take to get to the cruise terminal? I don’t want to get there too early and have to wait outside the terminal. Or if I were to schedule a different shuttle or call Uber/Lyft, what time should I have them pick us up in order to get to the terminal around 11:00-ish?

My husband and I will be taking a Carnival cruise out of Miami, and I’m probably going to book a flight into FLL because it’s a lot cheaper than MIA. We’re flying in the night before the cruise and planning to stay in a hotel near FLL. I was looking at shuttles like SAS, MJS, etc. to get us from the hotel to Port of Miami.

We have FTTF so I was hoping to get to the cruise terminal by 11:00am. The SAS website says they do pickups at 9:30am, 11:30am, and 12:30pm. If we scheduled the 9:30am pickup, how long do you think it might take to get to the cruise terminal? I don’t want to get there too early and have to wait outside the terminal. Or if I were to schedule a different shuttle or call Uber/Lyft, what time should I have them pick us up in order to get to the terminal around 11:00-ish?

We left out of Miami on the Glory in Oct we had FTTF we passed the port at 8:26 finished check in at 9:07 on board 10:36

20170705_163659_zpsssuqz5ep.jpg

Edited by ExtremistPullup

Which ever transportation you use 1015am would be a good pickup time. It will take about 45 minutes to maybe an hour, depending on traffic to arrive at POM. Our last three cruises out of POM we arrived at 1030am, checked in and waited until about 1140am to board.

It all depends on the route and where you are on the route. For around $10.00 more you can just use a uber/lyft and call for it a little before 10:15 and you should be at POM by 11:00am if its a weekend. Weekday get in the Uber by 10.

Thanks everyone. I think I'll just take an Uber or Lyft so I can have a little more control over the time I arrive.

If you have more than two people or a lot of luggage be sure to get a big enough vehicle. You don't want a Chevy cruze to show up and you have 5 bags.

If you have more than two people or a lot of luggage be sure to get a big enough vehicle. You don't want a Chevy cruze to show up and you have 5 bags.

Thank you. I've never taken an Uber before, but it'll just be 2 of us and (hopefully) only 3 bags total. So we should be okay. :)

Thank you. I've never taken an Uber before, but it'll just be 2 of us and (hopefully) only 3 bags total. So we should be okay. :)

You should be fine then.

We took a van/cab to south beach was just over 100 dollars. We may go eith uber this time. We have two adults baby and 10 y/o and a bunch of bags. Spending 3 night prior in south beach again.