Pearl dining and drink question

meh56

We are sailing the Pearl thru the Canal and I have a couple of questions. My husband can not drink alcohol due to medications, does any one know if they have non alcoholic wine and beer?

If we make a reservation for 2 in the regular dining room (thinking of first night) will we be given a table for 2? Have sailed with Princess and they seem to have a lot of tables for 2.

Yes and yes.

I'm not certain about non-alcoholic wine -- there might be, might not. But they do have one or two NA beers available.

NCL doesn't really do shared tables like Princess does. On NCL if you ask for a table for 2, that's what you get. For the pedantic crowd, I realize there are occasions where MDR diners share tables on NCL. But that's not the normal mode of operation.

There isn't really any need to make a reservation for 2 at the main dining room, by the way.

You can do so, and if you happen to arrive there without a reservation at a very busy time (i.e. When a show has just finished) then you may have a short wait. However don't be led into thinking that they are in any way required. Most people don't have them.

They will seat you at a table for 2 unless you ask to share (and other people want to as well).

The MDR has plenty of tables for 2; you really don't need to make any reservations in the MDR unless you have a large party. Keep in mind there r 2 MDR's so if you find that one is extra busy you can simply go to the other one.

I am positive I haven't seen non-alcoholic wine on the menu. Whether or not they have it upon request, I don't know. They may have o'doul's, not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you all for the reply...I think I may pick up a bottle on non alcoholic wine before boarding and just pay the $15.00.

I am glad to hear that they also have a good amount of tables for 2.

We are sailing the Pearl thru the Canal and I have a couple of questions. My husband can not drink alcohol due to medications, does any one know if they have non alcoholic wine and beer?

If we make a reservation for 2 in the regular dining room (thinking of first night) will we be given a table for 2? Have sailed with Princess and they seem to have a lot of tables for 2.

To echo others, you don't really need a reservation. We told them table for 2, but we don't mind sharing each time, and we always got a table for two. Wait was never longer than 15 minutes.