Royal testing to bring back same drink package for all

I just don't see the point... If you REALLY do the math on the drink packages, vs just drinking -- you have to drink your FACE OFF in order to get the value out of the drink packages.... Some days you are off the ship, and it doesn't help as much those days.

I just pay as I go.. I've never gone over

Drinking your face off isn't exactly accurate. Frozen drinks are 13 dollars each. You figure in some fresh squeezed orange juice, the odd Coca-Cola and a few bottles of water to go ashore with the packages are reasonable. I more than got my money's worth last week and I didn't "drink my face off.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I was not there, but there was somebody on Allure that was not allowed to buy for one on the ship, they had to buy for all. I have no idea how much they pushed, just passing info along. My suggestion to anybody thinking they just want it for one person, would be to buy now, as that should be grandfathered in even if they change the rule.
There has only been one report of that happening. I'd like to think that if that were the case it'd have been discussed a bit more.

I just don't see the point... If you REALLY do the math on the drink packages, vs just drinking -- you have to drink your FACE OFF in order to get the value out of the drink packages.... Some days you are off the ship, and it doesn't help as much those days.

I got a package on our recent cruise for $51 per day, including internet for one device. Internet would have been at least $13 per day, so drinks were $38.

With cocktails starting at $8, plus specialty coffees and fresh juice, that is not drinking your face off.

Glass of wine 12 bucks....

16oz Miller lite 6

Mimosa 12

French squeezed oj 5

Bloody Mary 12.

Doesn't take long to get to 46 bucks....

2 Mimossas with fresh dqeezed at breakfast

1 Bloody after for stroll around ship....

I'm at 36 bucks by 8am. Lol

Glass of wine 12 bucks....

16oz Miller lite 6

Mimosa 12

French squeezed oj 5

Bloody Mary 12.

Doesn't take long to get to 46 bucks....

2 Mimossas with fresh dqeezed at breakfast

1 Bloody after for stroll around ship....

I'm at 36 bucks by 8am. Lol

Exactly. Even on port days I was in the clear by lunch... And my blood alcohol limit was nowhere near excessive.

Exactly. Even on port days I was in the clear by lunch... And my blood alcohol limit was nowhere near excessive.

Lol! I'm not telling anyone but those twist off Miller cans I "rat hole" in fridge in room....like going into fridge grabbing one and sitting on balcony. Plus I bring collapsible cooler, when we hit the beaches, I ask room attendant for bucket of ice thro 4 or 5 in cooler along with a few bottles of water. Put it in bottom of beach bag and have a few complimentary coldies on whatever beach we so chose to go to

I don't see the math ever working out for a drinks package unless you're a booze-cruiser. Iced tea and water is free, and that's what I drink almost exclusively -- especially when it's hot.

I just totaled up the numbers from our last cruise folio and the wife and I spent $163.77 on a 5 night cruise. That's not even 2 days worth of drink package.

I don't see the math ever working out for a drinks package unless you're a booze-cruiser. Iced tea and water is free, and that's what I drink almost exclusively -- especially when it's hot.

I just totaled up the numbers from our last cruise folio and the wife and I spent $163.77 on a 5 night cruise. That's not even 2 days worth of drink package.

I had seven pages of 0.00 pushed under our door lol. That didn't include our free Diamond drinks. 😎

It may not work out for you as you said you mainly drink free drinks, so in that case, don't buy the package. For many, it can make sense, especially if you were going to get the replenish package to begin with.

That is 4.3 days of package, based on my $38 (taking into account the wifi that was included in the package).

So a couple more drinks, and you would be there.

But if you drink ice tea and water, great. That is why the package is not mandatory.

Unless the rules change and your room mate wants the package.

That is 4.3 days of package, based on my $38 (taking into account the wifi that was included in the package).

So a couple more drinks, and you would be there.

But if you drink ice tea and water, great. That is why the package is not mandatory.

Unless the rules change and your room mate wants the package.

Ice tea not available all day BTW. When Buffett closes....no unsweet tea...I had to make in kurig in suite and keep in fridge.

That works for you. It doesn't for me.

I had pages upon pages of 0.00 drinks on my statement.

My wife might have only had a page.

Drink packages aren't for everyone. That's why the current set up is ideal.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope all the people who say it doesn't hurt to get a drink here and there for their spouse recognize what they have done but I guess that's doubtful. Doesn't matter to me as we both get the package but I can see how upset some will be.

On all sailings departing after Dec 31 2017 all persons over 21 staying in same cabin will be required to purchase all inclusive package if any 1 in room purchase.....unless for medical or related reasons

I just got off the phone with Royal, and was told it's in place for my Dec 21 2017 sailing. However, the cruise planner did allow me to purchase just one drink package for DD. It didn't force me to purchase one for myself. Typical with Royal, it sounds like they're saying one thing, but it's actually something different.

I just got off the phone with Royal, and was told it's in place for my Dec 21 2017 sailing. However, the cruise planner did allow me to purchase just one drink package for DD. It didn't force me to purchase one for myself. Typical with Royal, it sounds like they're saying one thing, but it's actually something different.

Yes, they are tip toeing around as not to upset loyal royal cruisers....just had conversation and it looks like there will be an implementation of incremental discounts on status...my idea 20% for platinum, 30 emerald and 50 diamond and above. I paid 46 on Harmony sailing H just got soda pkg and took advantage of Diamond lounge and 3 free glasses of wine around dinner....let's face it, at 12 bucks a glass that's 36x2 they are taking away....I'm not complaining.......we do it right but RCCL needs to make it look like they are rewarding loyal royal rather than punishing for others indiscressions. Jmho

I bought the package for me because I like the foo foo drinks and beer but I also bought a bottle of scotch for our cabin through the gift shop for hubby cause that's what he like and wine so we will both be bringing his favorite wine aboard no sharing but buying what we both like

I bought the package for me because I like the foo foo drinks and beer but I also bought a bottle of scotch for our cabin through the gift shop for hubby cause that's what he like and wine so we will both be bringing his favorite wine aboard no sharing but buying what we both like

You won't get the scotch till the last night of sailing.

I just called Royal and we sail Dec 9th and I was told I could keep it the way it is without purchasing another drink package

You won't get the scotch till the last night of sailing.

New alcohol package I will get a bottle a bottle of Johnny walker red Scotch and 4 cans of coke delivered to my room for in room consumption within 48 hrs of embarkation for 50 bucks go to shop royal gifts and you will see what you can get in room for in room consumption, I don't know about you but that's what I'm getting

New alcohol package I will get a bottle a bottle of Johnny walker red Scotch and 4 cans of coke delivered to my room for in room consumption within 48 hrs of embarkation for 50 bucks go to shop royal gifts and you will see what you can get in room for in room consumption, I don't know about you but that's what I'm getting

It may be a pretty small bottle.

they also have absolut vodka and sprite package for 43 bucks ,Bacardi gold and coca cold package for 45 bucks,Bombay sapphire and tonic package for 48 bucks,sublime truffle collection by Le Belge Chocolatier and Domaine Ste Champagne for 49 bucks and a package called sweet delight your choice of red or white wine and they deliver to your stateroom with sugar and plum macaroons gift box assorted favors all alcohol beverages will be delivered after sailing in Texas