Royal testing to bring back same drink package for all

They said no problem when you payoff sailing just do it thru c&a and tell them of our conversation.

Right, some have already reported that any sob story will get you out of this new policy, but that means calling (can't be done online) and hoping you get a cooperative CSR.

Yes it does, No one has the right to your medical records. As long as you say you are under 6 months or whatever the cut off for pregnant women is.

I'm sorry but you're wrong.

HIPAA would stop a cruise line from going to your doctor and saying "send me her medical information to prove that she's pregnant," because your doctor would be required by HIPAA to protect that information.

But, a cruise line can say "if you want an exception to this policy, you must provide the following information." Then you can choose whether to disclose the information. Your refusal to disclose simply means you wouldn't be granted an exception.

I'm sorry but you're wrong.

HIPAA would stop a cruise line from going to your doctor and saying "send me her medical information to prove that she's pregnant," because your doctor would be required by HIPAA to protect that information.

But, a cruise line can say "if you want an exception to this policy, you must provide the following information." Then you can choose whether to disclose the information. Your refusal to disclose simply means you wouldn't be granted an exception.

Yes, my bad, that may be true, but I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around this. I can bring aboard my support dog, elephant with no questions asked except what task does the elephant do, requiring no paperwork.

If I do not want the package because I medically can't have it, I have to jump through hoops.

Something is wrong here.:eek:

Yes, my bad, that may be true, but I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around this. I can bring aboard my support dog, elephant with no questions asked except what task does the elephant do, requiring no paperwork.

If I do not want the package because I medically can't have it, I have to jump through hoops.

The ship's physician is not going to have to deal with either your dog or your elephant. Complications of a pregnancy is a very different matter.

The ship's physician is not going to have to deal with either your dog or your elephant. Complications of a pregnancy is a very different matter.

elephantanm_e0.gif

He's pretty fast, trained to chairhog, save seats all at the shows, clear out the pool, the Windjammer and the elevators and we have the tender all to ourselves because of weight.

You said you'd write me a note.

elephantanm_e0.gif

He's pretty fast, trained to chairhog, save seats all at the shows, clear out the pool, the Windjammer and the elevators and we have the tender all to ourselves because of weight.

Funny!:D:D

elephantanm_e0.gif

Glad it wasn't a Donkey!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Roll Tide

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just talked to my connection in Miami yesterday and I was told yes, they are implementing on those sailings but, I said H takes some meds and really can only have a glass or two of wine thus we can just bring our two carry on and she will be good. They said no problem when you payoff sailing just do it thru c&a and tell them of our conversation. I've notated the reason for only wanting to purchase one package. No Dr note needed. Don't book just yet if you have a status.....Emrald, Diamond, D+ etc. you might see a BOGO for diamond and Buy one get second at 50% off for Emrald and platinum....thus not hurting their loyal customers....

Did your contact tell you about the BOGO or are you just hoping this might happen? Would be a solution to many.

I don't see where just making a call is jumping thru hoops....we always call and book, I look online check pricing (as you all know we are usually late/last minute bookers) H works for the DOJ and was caught up in the SS# hacking of Fed. Employees so very careful about putting info online. If you look at my "beware" posting the online booking was pretty messed up last fall. Call to make final payment and just request to pay for only one package, I'll bet they take your money and not say a word.

I think that they were referring to the BOGO coupons for individual drinks that are loaded onto Seapass cards for C&A members.

But aren't the 'BOGO' and the 'BOGO 20% or 10% off' coupons only for wine beer or soda?

The way it was worded suggests discounts against packages...

Don't book just yet if you have a status.....Emrald, Diamond, D+ etc. you might see a BOGO for diamond and Buy one get second at 50% off for Emrald and platinum....thus not hurting their loyal customers....

I don't see where just making a call is jumping thru hoops....we always call and book, I look online check pricing (as you all know we are usually late/last minute bookers) H works for the DOJ and was caught up in the SS# hacking of Fed. Employees so very careful about putting info online. If you look at my "beware" posting the online booking was pretty messed up last fall. Call to make final payment and just request to pay for only one package, I'll bet they take your money and not say a word.

What does where your DH works have to do with the drink package?

You haven't read this thread, my post was a "what if" continuance.

I'm not pregnant, don't plan to be and would make the medical journal if I became pregnant.

We BOTH also buy the Deluxe package by phone.

Our son works for the Dept of Defense if that helps you understand my post any better.

Say hi to my support elephant who will accompany me on our next cruise as he is allowed:*

elephantanm_e0.gif

What does where your DH works have to do with the drink package?

You haven't read this thread, my post was a "what if" continuance.

I'm not pregnant, don't plan to be and would make the medical journal if I became pregnant.

We BOTH also buy the Deluxe package by phone.

Our son works for the Dept of Defense if that helps you understand my post any better.

Say hi to my support elephant who will accompany me on our next cruise as he is allowed:*

elephantanm_e0.gif

Where she worked was reason why we never complete booking online or purchase drink pkgs etc online. That was my reply to the previous poster saying 1 pkg at a time is unavailable online. Doesn't effect us, we always call the C&A department to complete and pay.

I think that they were referring to the BOGO coupons for individual drinks that are loaded onto Seapass cards for C&A members.

She asked my advise on defusing a situation with loyal cruisers. Let's face it, most first times have no clue that you WERE able to purchase just one. When the package first came out (Jan. 2012 I believe) we were tickled pink! We sailed Nov and Dec 2011 and had our bar bill still in our head. Sailed with our two college daughters in January (that saved a bunch lol) and then again in April.

Why they implumented it, then allowed only one and now "testing" again makes no sense! They had a fleet wide "test" starting in 2012....with exception of 3 day and less sailings...

My reccamendation was its easier to offer a perk along with a change in policy to show loyalty to those loyal to you. Let's face it, Diamond members get 6 anywhere on ship (except MD and shows) between 5-830. And unlimited in Diamond lounge. On our Dec 2015 12 night Serenade 70% of ship was Diamond and above and we were told we were two of 200 under 70 years of age. Lol. It was a mad dash of electric scooters and wheelchairs to the lounge at 530! If you prepay package its 46 bucks a day! 3 free a day diamond at 12 is 36......by one get one half off for diamond or BOGO for D+ only makes sense. Give platinum 10%, Emrald 20% let's say......only problem is I see them going back to their full pricing....actually I'd expect it!

Where she worked was reason why we never complete booking online or purchase drink pkgs etc online. That was my reply to the previous poster saying 1 pkg at a time is unavailable online. Doesn't effect us, we always call the C&A department to complete and pay.

Being "caught up" in that federal employee hacking was years ago and is irrelevant to what one inputs on websites now (or even then).

Of course everyone should always be careful about where and when they input info online.