Bringing bottled water on board

I have read so many posts that people will actually be successful bringing on water and soda, unopened. My question is, did you bring it inside a carry on? On the flip side, has anyone ever brought drinks unopened in a carry on, and they did get taken away?? Just trying to make some sort of sense of this "rule" lol

Thank you :-)

The rule is no beverages of any kind other than the two 750ml bottles of water.

However, they usually don't enforce the rule in the case of water and soda, except around spring break time.

We've had the best luck bringing bottled water packed in luggage.

We always bring a carryon with water bottles and the port workers always take out a few bottles and shake them. Supposedly alcohol makes bubbles or something. And my husband and I do not look like spring breakers.

we just got off the Allure with a big group. All 3 staterooms brought on a case of water...we just taped a luggage tag to the top of water (and we taped around the case just to make sure the case wouldn't fall apart) and the water showed up at our staterooms.

Thanks Bob. I am still wondering if I get a case of water and do as suggested and put it with my luggage, well taped. Anyone have any thoughts? Things sure have changed since I last cruised!!

You should be fine. Worse that can happen is your luggage is detained down in security and they will ask you to come down and open it so they can check for alcohol.

Most of the cruise lines allow each person to bring on a 750ml bottle of wine or Champaign but charge a working fee if you bring it to dinner. We always bring our own cork screw

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

It's not one per person, it's two per stateroom regardless of how many occupants over 21. Your room steward will supply you with a corkscrew and glasses or you can get one from any bar. If you bring your bottle to any public venue to drink they don't care who actually opened it, you will be charged the corkage fee.

My bad 🤷*♀️I left out 2 per stateroom total! I'm just used to it always being just my husband and myself [emoji1354][emoji1353]when we travel. Yes corking fee is what I meant, darn I phone[emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's not one per person, it's two per stateroom regardless of how many occupants over 21. Your room steward will supply you with a corkscrew and glasses or you can get one from any bar. If you bring your bottle to any public venue to drink they don't care who actually opened it, you will be charged the corkage fee.

I would bring your own corkscrew. This is the one they gave me on my last cruise when I forgot to bring my own. You have to hold the bottle between your legs and yank out the cork, possibly spilling wine in your crotch. :eek: https://www.qualitylogoproducts.com/tradeshow-promotions/simple-corkscrew.htm?variant=BLANK&imageID=461652&feed=google&gclid=CO-IqvHR99QCFZCPswodB48EVg

I prefer a double hinged without the foil cutter - you can carry those on the ship in your carry on. Similar to this. https://www.amazon.com/Franmara-Boomerang-Step-Corkscrews-Color/dp/B004808X70/ref=pd_sim_79_7?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B004808X70&pd_rd_r=9ZXZZK2TMAMJRAGX3J7G&pd_rd_w=sxfCq&pd_rd_wg=1QX0t&psc=1&refRID=9ZXZZK2TMAMJRAGX3J7G

Thanks Bob. I am still wondering if I get a case of water and do as suggested and put it with my luggage, well taped. Anyone have any thoughts? Things sure have changed since I last cruised!!

Many porters are refusing to accept a case of water that a pax has simply tagged with a luggage tag. They are cumbersome and hard to handle. Do them, and yourself, a favor and put those bottles in a duffel bag with handles and attach the luggage tag to that. Much easier to handle, and much better chance you will get that delivered to your stateroom.

Many porters are refusing to accept a case of water that a pax has simply tagged with a luggage tag. They are cumbersome and hard to handle. Do them, and yourself, a favor and put those bottles in a duffel bag with handles and attach the luggage tag to that. Much easier to handle, and much better chance you will get that delivered to your stateroom.

When we boarded Rhapsody out of Tampa recently, I had a case of water with a luggage tag, and the porter refused to take it -- I ended up carrying it on board. You can imagine how ticked off I was when we got on board the ship and see a case of water with a luggage tag mixed in with the luggage they were bringing aboard. :mad:

I've never had this issue on Celebrity -- the porters have always taken our case of water.

I've never had this issue on Celebrity -- the porters have always taken our case of water.

Water is officially not allowed. The only issue you have is that one of the porters went against policy and took it off a guest.

Edited by swoopy2110

When we boarded Rhapsody out of Tampa recently, I had a case of water with a luggage tag, and the porter refused to take it -- I ended up carrying it on board. You can imagine how ticked off I was when we got on board the ship and see a case of water with a luggage tag mixed in with the luggage they were bringing aboard. :mad:

See my post just before yours

We get the Evian package and save the bottles to bring other beverages back to the room, like orange juice or lemonade. With the 2 bottles of champagne, we have Mimosas on the balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Forums