Video Play Room For Kids....how are games paid for?

dongordon

I'll be with my two grandsons on a 10 day cruise on the GEM in January 2018,

How do we pay for their games.

Can I give them each a $100 gift card in advance for use in the Video Game Room.... I think it will be a nice Christmas gift.

That way they will budget their game play throughout the cruise.;)

Don

Like everything else onboard, charges in the video arcade are placed on a person's sign & sail account.

You can, of course, prepay for OBC for use in the video arcade (or anywhere else for that matter).

Like everything else onboard, charges in the video arcade are placed on a person's sign & sail account.

You can, of course, prepay for OBC for use in the video arcade (or anywhere else for that matter).

Do children (ages 10 and 7) get cruise cards and can OBC amounts added to their cards?

I need to find a way to give them freedom to play the games on their own without having to find us for a card. I was hoping that there would be a way of purchasing a video game card in advance for each of them.

Don

Do children (ages 10 and 7) get cruise cards and can OBC amounts added to their cards?

I need to find a way to give them freedom to play the games on their own without having to find us for a card. I was hoping that there would be a way of purchasing a video game card in advance for each of them.

Don

Everyone gets a card tied to their account. You can set up limits/restrictions on children's accounts once on board.

Don

Their cards are tied to yours with the credit card. They won't have to come and find you, your credit card is on their cards as well, so basically just tell them up front that they have $100 sailing cash to use at their discretion. You will have to check the tv as to what their spending rate is or at guest services. They will figure it out as well, they might want to purchase shakes from O'Sheehans as well or bowling, so don't limit their spending to just the arcade.

AND BE SURE TO LET THEM KNOW NOT TO PURCHASE GAMES FOR 'FRIENDS'.

Assuming all 3 of you are a room together. The default is to create 1 account for the room linked to a charge card that all 3 cards can access. What you'll want to do is pre-pay their gratuities (otherwise you'd have to load extra money and they could go over at the arcade). Then when you check in set up everyone with separate accounts and simply make their account cash and load it with whatever amount you want.