Carnival flights

kc58ab

Has anyone done flights through Carnival? I typically hate to fly and normally drive when I cruise, but wanting to do a cruise on the Vista out of Miami and the last time I drove to FL (I like in MO) I thought never again until I plan to take days getting there.

I understand Carnival does flights now and has an insurance guarantee to the flights getting you there on time include in the price. If seems about 60 dollars more than what I'm finding online now myself without insurance.

What has your experiences been with this?

I attempted to book thru Carnival but each time I called they wanted to book my return home flight (few connections) to arrive at midnight in Michigan. Was willing to pay a little extra money for them to do it but wasn't about to get home that late. Did it myself and I will be home around 3.

Yes :) I have made the drive to Galveston actually this last March. Not a bad drive at all, just I want to go see some of the Caribbean islands I haven't been to and sadly Galveston doesn't go to them or Mobile, Florida is closest (although not close at all).

Has anyone done flights through Carnival? I typically hate to fly and normally drive when I cruise, but wanting to do a cruise on the Vista out of Miami and the last time I drove to FL (I like in MO) I thought never again until I plan to take days getting there.

I understand Carnival does flights now and has an insurance guarantee to the flights getting you there on time include in the price. If seems about 60 dollars more than what I'm finding online now myself without insurance.

We fly out of MCI to FLL on Southwest the day before, much cheaper than Carnival and even the cost of hotel and Uber/Lyft is still less than what Carnival charges. And I have complete control of my flights. I choose a 1 pm or later flight home. Works just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We fly out of MCI to FLL on Southwest the day before, much cheaper than Carnival and even the cost of hotel and Uber/Lyft is still less than what Carnival charges. And I have complete control of my flights. I choose a 1 pm or later flight home. Works just fine.

Went to southwest to look and they don't have flights on schedule yet for when I'm wanting to go so I'll have to check back later. But do you know what the Wanna Get Away fare means? It is considerably lower looking month before I want to go.

The only time I would use Carnival for flights is if we were planning on flying in the same day. We always fly in the day before. That way we are starting our vacation a little early and don't have to feel rushed the day of the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just to be clear - no one can guarantee you get there on time. All they can provide is insurance to fly you on to the next port if you miss embarkation due to a flight delay/cancellation. Hopefully you'll have passports or this service would be worthless because flying on to the next port would be impossible.

We simply book our own flights and fly in a day early. Gives us plenty of time to deal with a flight delay or cancellation - or worst case scenario pull an all nighter driving down if things go completely FUBAR.

Went to southwest to look and they don't have flights on schedule yet for when I'm wanting to go so I'll have to check back later. But do you know what the Wanna Get Away fare means? It is considerably lower looking month before I want to go.

The Wanna Get Away fare means that you pay a lower price but once booked you can't cancel and get your money back, but, you can cancel and get the dollar amount as credit for a future flight within one year from date you book the flight. You can cancel and change dates and times, as long as it is within the year.

The Wanna Get Away fare is the cheapest. You can do that and get early bird for $15/per person at least for the way back. Then you don't have to mess with checking in until you get into port on debarkation day. It will automatically check you in with an A boarding pass.

I don't know where u live, but I also live in MO. About 3 hours from both STL and Kansas City. Frontier from STL to Miami is cheaper than KC to Fort Lauderdale, so don't forget to check there. And that includes the seat choice and one checked bag.

I don't know where u live, but I also live in MO. About 3 hours from both STL and Kansas City. Frontier from STL to Miami is cheaper than KC to Fort Lauderdale, so don't forget to check there. And that includes the seat choice and one checked bag.

I'm about an hour closer to KC, but STL isn't out of the question so I'll check that out too. Thanks for the suggestion.

It looks like Southwest is planning to release the new schedule on July 27, which should cover through April 6, 2018. Hopefully that covers your travel dates.

You can do that and get early bird for $15/per person at least for the way back. It will automatically check you in with an A boarding pass.

This is wrong. The Early Bird will NOT guarantee you an "A" boarding group. What it does is check you in at 48 hours before the flight, instead of 24. Also, the Early Birds are checked in by the order that they were bought. If 75 people bought early bird ahead of you, you aren't in the "A" group. I bought it for a trip in May about 6 weeks ahead of time and was in the low "B"s at boarding.

This is wrong. The Early Bird will NOT guarantee you an "A" boarding group. What it does is check you in at 48 hours before the flight, instead of 24. Also, the Early Birds are checked in by the order that they were bought. If 75 people bought early bird ahead of you, you aren't in the "A" group. I bought it for a trip in May about 6 weeks ahead of time and was in the low "B"s at boarding.

30c33ca4753f882e025381be05460e48.jpg

We used carnival air for a cruise out of San Diego a few yrs ago it worked out very well even though I was nervous about flying in same day as cruise but we live on east coast and with time diff we were at port by 11 am

30c33ca4753f882e025381be05460e48.jpg

Not sure where you are trying to go with this, but since you didn't open up the FAQ about an "A" boarding pass being guaranteed (like you stated above), here is what it says:

Will EarlyBird Check-In Customers get an "A" Boarding Pass and be among the first to board? While EarlyBird Check-In doesn't guarantee an A boarding position, it improves your seat selection options to help you get your favorite seat.

As I said, it does not automatically check you in with an "A".

Not sure where you are trying to go with this, but since you didn't open up the FAQ about an "A" boarding pass being guaranteed (like you stated above), here is what it says:

Will EarlyBird Check-In Customers get an "A" Boarding Pass and be among the first to board? While EarlyBird Check-In doesn't guarantee an A boarding position, it improves your seat selection options to help you get your favorite seat.

As I said, it does not automatically check you in with an "A".

Never mind. You aren't worth my time. You should, however, learn not to be so rude.

I responded kindly to the OP and that is what's important. She is a big girl and can see where to go to get the FAQs for early bird without you being so darn rude to me.

Good day.

Edited by Cruzin2paradise09

Never mind. You aren't worth my time. You should, however, learn not to be so rude.

I responded kindly to the OP and that is what's important. She is a big girl and can see where to go to get the FAQs for early bird without you being so darn rude to me.

Good day.

I was not being rude. You said that EB Check-in automatically gets you an A pass, I said that it did not and showed that it did not. I was just correcting the wrong information that you posted.

we have booked with them for our Europe trip. We are flying in 4 days early and leaving 2 days after cruise. They still got me cheaper than i could book on my own. I have heard from many cruisers that they are cheaper if its an international flight but more expensive if its a domestic. Not sure how accurate the domestic is as i have never personally tried booking a domestic with them. They got me booked from Texas to Barcelona for just under $500 per person. You also dont have to pay it until your final payment is due as they just add the cost to your booking number.