Guarantees full circle

TheCalicoCat

Many of you have read & responded to my multiple queries & shared tales of awesome assignments.

So, here I am sharing mine.

I usually sail as a trio, unable to book guarantee & we choose inside cabins. (Kinda like camping or RVing without all the work...)

I booked MM guarantee, at the time I'm not sure if I completely understood where in the insides pecking order MM falls, but by the time "Oh my gosh Its almost time for my cruise" came around, I kind of had myself convinced that it was "the best" inside rather than one rung up from the worst.:D As a trio, we never paid attention to the letters, we needed a trio or quad symbol!

I ended up getting a J on deck 2 - not bad all things considered (one deck below the biggest balcony of them all!) & instant exercise while I take the steps up the crows nest/lido/etc.

Many of you have read & responded to my multiple queries & shared tales of awesome assignments.

So, here I am sharing mine.

I usually sail as a trio, unable to book guarantee & we choose inside cabins. (Kinda like camping or RVing without all the work...)

I booked MM guarantee, at the time I'm not sure if I completely understood where in the insides pecking order MM falls, but by the time "Oh my gosh Its almost time for my cruise" came around, I kind of had myself convinced that it was "the best" inside rather than one rung up from the worst.:D As a trio, we never paid attention to the letters, we needed a trio or quad symbol!

I ended up getting a J on deck 2 - not bad all things considered (one deck below the biggest balcony of them all!) & instant exercise while I take the steps up the crows nest/lido/etc.

Thanks for sharing your GUAR story! This is a nice upgrade and your attitude is great. Indeed, a good position on a ship where you are. The CN and Lido are a long way up, but a good hike to burn off some of the calories!

Have a great cruise!

The OP sounds like us--just happy to be somewhere on the ship. I never recommend a guarantee booking to someone who is fussy about where they'll end up. On the Zuiderdam in February, we got an upgrade from an obstructed view to an unobstructed one. But we were under the galley. On the first afternoon, the noise from above was horrific. But it turned out they had opened a door to load items onto the ship. The rest of the cruise, we were never bothered by any noise. I'm an early riser and DH sleeps through anything.

The OP sounds like us--just happy to be somewhere on the ship. I never recommend a guarantee booking to someone who is fussy about where they'll end up. On the Zuiderdam in February, we got an upgrade from an obstructed view to an unobstructed one. But we were under the galley. On the first afternoon, the noise from above was horrific. But it turned out they had opened a door to load items onto the ship. The rest of the cruise, we were never bothered by any noise. I'm an early riser and DH sleeps through anything.

Appreciate hearing about your experience. Shows why pax should not go into orbit instantly!

Happy cruising with your guarantees!

Thanks for sharing - I'm infected with your enthusiasm! Just curious though, how the inside cabin is like an RV or camping. (I miss camping and recently tend to cruise with an inside cabin.)

I get it! RVing and camping with a group you wind up climbing over each other and moving around in a choreographed dance! Been there, done that! m--

But we were under the galley. On the first afternoon, the noise from above was horrific. But it turned out they had opened a door to load items onto the ship. The rest of the cruise, we were never bothered by any noise. I'm an early riser and DH sleeps through anything.

Appreciate hearing about your experience. Shows why pax should not go into orbit instantly!

True. On our last cruise on the Koningsdam we had an inside on deck 4 and around midnight could hear some entertainment noise going on (on a charter, so yes, there is entertainment that late!). I assumed it was from the Queens Lounge and was not too happy since there wudl be late night entertainment there every night but we never heard it again.

The same thing happened on the Nieuw Amsterdam on an aft inside on Main Deck. Heard some "sawing" noise in the middle of the first night but never again.

Thanks for sharing - I'm infected with your enthusiasm! Just curious though, how the inside cabin is like an RV or camping. (I miss camping and recently tend to cruise with an inside cabin.)

For me its like camping - 3 people in 1 room. & Not necessarily a large room. & our "RV" was a VW Vanagon not a Winnie.

I do not miss camping - work to get there, work to set-up, work while you are there, work to break down, work when you get home.:o