Wearing a lanyard, yes or no? GO!

amyhphoto

Yes, we wear lanyards, but that's our preference. We only wear them on the ship, but not when we go ashore. Some think lanyards are tacky. I happen to think men that wear socks with sandals look tacky. But, that's a different issue. I like to look to see what kind of lanyards people are wearing. Sometimes they can be a good conversation starter. "Oh. I see you're a fan of the Boston Patriots. Think they'll make it to the Super Bowl this year?" (Well, you get the idea.).

Found a thin, lightweight black faux leather one that I wear most of the time under my clothes if possible. Makes things much easier and more convenient since I don't like to carry pocketbooks nor dig in my beachbag for the card when poolside.

They get in the way? Geez, just how big of a lanyard are you talking about? This size?

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't like anything hanging from my neck. It's not about size its more about comfort. When I am laying in the sun I have to take it off anyway. It's more trouble than it's worth. No to the Lanyard.

They get in the way? .....

Yep, they certainly do get in the way. Every time you bend over, what is dangling from them will swing into whatever it is you are bending over. Too many times when I had to wear these awful things at work and ate lunch in the company cafeteria, I had to wipe my lunch off of my badge because it dangled over either the buffet trays or my plate if I forgot to tuck it away. I have even had them get caught on door handles, yanking my neck backward in a not very pleasant manner. Or had things knocked off my desk because it dragged my badge over them. Some companies no longer allow them because they can be caught on machinery or equipment and cause accidents.

I hated those stupid things. No way would I ever wear them voluntarily.

Yep, they certainly do get in the way. Every time you bend over, what is dangling from them will swing into whatever it is you are bending over. Too many times when I had to wear these awful things at work and ate lunch in the company cafeteria, I had to wipe my lunch off of my badge because it dangled over either the buffet trays or my plate if I forgot to tuck it away. I have even had them get caught on door handles, yanking my neck backward in a not very pleasant manner. Or had things knocked off my desk because it dragged my badge over them. Some companies no longer allow them because they can be caught on machinery or equipment and cause accidents.

I hated those stupid things. No way would I ever wear them voluntarily.

Maybe the requirements there in San Jose are different than in other parts of the country where i.d. badges on lanyards are required. If you work around machinery or equipment where there is a risk of getting the lanyard caught, then a break-away lanyard is required.

Ive been on six cruises and for the first time I used a lanyard on my last one. I found it to be really convenient when I didn't want to carry a purse and didn't have pockets. I don't really care whether others use them or not. If it makes my vacation a little easier and doesn't impact others why not?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maybe the requirements there in San Jose are different than in other parts of the country where i.d. badges on lanyards are required. If you work around machinery or equipment where there is a risk of getting the lanyard caught, then a break-away lanyard is required.

Don't understand why lanyards would be required. It is just as easy for the badge to have a clip that can be attached to the top of a pocket or other edge of clothing. Such badges are quite common here. Much more practical than a loose lanyard that can swing around when walking or bending.

383656.jpg

We always wear lanyards on cruises. In particular, we make sure they are prominently displayed on our persons in the MDR during formal night, or whatever it's now called. I might even wear one or two extras for the occasion. We also proudly decorate our cabin door with lanyards.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk