Thank you!!

jlnprt

Thanks to all of the suggestions here, I called my "big box" TA today and asked if any upgrades were available. I was offered an upgrade to a Neptune Suite for a mere $2,100 per person. Funny thing .. TA didn't seem shocked when I turned that one down!! LOL! I did accept an upgrade to a higher level deck with a cabin nearer to mid-ship. When dh and I booked the cruise, this cabin was about $700 higher than the one we booked. Current prices are at or slightly above what they were when we booked, so I'm happy about our upgrade. If it wasn't for this board, I wouldn't have known to call. The advice and suggestions on this board have been amazing and well appreciated. What I like most about this board is the helpful spirit and lack of (for the most part!!) snark and nastiness. I am so excited about our third ever cruise (and the first to Alaska). I'm a pretty organized person and I feel like I have my "ducks in a row" and am well prepared for a wonderful vacation! Now all I have to do is pack and enjoy!!!

Thanks to all of the suggestions here, I called my "big box" TA today and asked if any upgrades were available. I was offered an upgrade to a Neptune Suite for a mere $2,100 per person. Funny thing .. TA didn't seem shocked when I turned that one down!! LOL! I did accept an upgrade to a higher level deck with a cabin nearer to mid-ship. When dh and I booked the cruise, this cabin was about $700 higher than the one we booked. Current prices are at or slightly above what they were when we booked, so I'm happy about our upgrade. If it wasn't for this board, I wouldn't have known to call. The advice and suggestions on this board have been amazing and well appreciated. What I like most about this board is the helpful spirit and lack of (for the most part!!) snark and nastiness. I am so excited about our third ever cruise (and the first to Alaska). I'm a pretty organized person and I feel like I have my "ducks in a row" and am well prepared for a wonderful vacation! Now all I have to do is pack and enjoy!!!

Now, go over to the Alaska board of CC and review the abundant information on the ports and other things of interest on Alaska cruises. I have found great information there and it greatly enhanced our cruise experience.

Now, go over to the Alaska board of CC and review the abundant information on the ports and other things of interest on Alaska cruises. I have found great information there and it greatly enhanced our cruise experience.

Yes, indeed, there is a wealth of information on that board as well. Only problem is, we can't possibly do everything that is suggested, so I guess the only solution is to plan ANOTHER cruise!!! :')

We originally booked an Inside on Amsterdam and balconies were $1,000 more per person. Then they switched the ship to Oosterdam (with lots more balconies) so we called and checked an they were down to $500 more so we switched. Three weeks out we got an email upsell offer for for Neptune suite for $699/pp or Signature Suite for $249/pp. For us $699 was still too much but $249 was definitely worth it. Yes, whether using PCC or TA it is worth it to check.

Don't be surprised if you get a call to upgrade to Neptune Suite the day before your cruise. People we met onboard were already in Amsterdam and luckily had their cell phone on.... they were able to upgrade for $800 pp for our Norway cruise. It would make sense that HAL would keep track of people interested in the upgrade and use a reverse auction philosophy, lowering the price as the cruise approaches and higher accommodations are still available.

... It would make sense that HAL would keep track of people interested in the upgrade and use a reverse auction philosophy, lowering the price as the cruise approaches and higher accommodations are still available.

That "reverse auction" especially makes sense for Holland America as that type is often called Dutch Auction.