Yep I have a new question re anthem dress code! Pls help

About to begin packing, Going on anthem for the first time next week. All of us have cruised several times but the dress rules keep changing. Also each ship is different. So my mom And I disagree about casual vs smart casual for dinner. According to the RC site, jeans are casual, but dinner is smart casual. Which would be dresses and slacks.... but I'm reading here about people wearing shorts to dinner and no big deal, but technically can we be turned away if we come to dinner in normal, unripped, no holes, jeans? We do not really want to pack too many extra outfits just for dinner. It's a nine day cruise that's a whole extra suitcase! Yet obviously we can't take the chance to be turned away

Can someone let me know for sure? Really soon?? Thank you so much

You will not be turned away. Jeans are not against the dress code. Period. Anyone who says you will be or risk being turned away is not giving you a factual answer.

technically can we be turned away if we come to dinner in normal, unripped, no holes, jeans?

Most people dress nicely. I would feel odd walking into a white table cloth restaurant wearing jeans when almost everyone else is wearing dress clothes. If you don't care then wear what you want.

If I were you, I'd add a pair of black slacks. You can never do wrong with that. So if you feel your jeans won't work, just use the black slacks with a nice top each night. No way do you need a new outfit for each night or an additional suitcase.

I second this advice. Just change your tops and wear the same slacks at night every night.:D

MARAPRINCE

15 cruises here, usually 9 nights or more. I bring a pair of black and a pair of white Capri's with a few tops that go with both and one dressier outfit for the formal night. Gone are the days for a different outfit every night. A pair of black, and a pair of white sandals. Easy packing!

Marg

Even RCCL's sister line, Celebrity - which is more somewhat more traditional, lists jeans (clean, no holes, etc.) as appropriate evening attire.

Does Celebrity enforce dress suggestions?

15 cruises here, usually 9 nights or more. I bring a pair of black and a pair of white Capri's with a few tops that go with both and one dressier outfit for the formal night. Gone are the days for a different outfit every night. A pair of black, and a pair of white sandals. Easy packing!

Marg

Thank you Marg, I'll throw some in!

Still waiting for the new question;p

lol I hear you, but what I meant was yep another person asking the same old question bc I didn't have time to read all the old ones to see specifically about the jeans. But that made me chuckle, thanks!

I would feel odd walking into a white table cloth restaurant wearing jeans when almost everyone else is wearing dress clothes. If you don't care then wear what you want.

IMHO this is just your own (outdated) opinion of "jeans". Very nice outfits can be put together with jeans today.

I don't know what ship you were own when you saw "almost everyone else is wearing dress clothes" on a non-formal night! Certainly not Royal Caribbean or certainly not in this century!

Does Celebrity enforce dress suggestions?

The only cruise I've been on with 'enforcement' was my one and only P&O cruise. On formal night if you were a guy without a jacket, you weren't going in! They had several jackets on hangers by the door which you could 'borrow'.

Simon

Wonder if MTD is less formal than Traditional? We were the latter and did not see ripped jeans and T shirts on Formal night. Did see "long shorts" (to the knee) with plaid shirts.

Wonder if MTD is less formal than Traditional? We were the latter and did not see ripped jeans and T shirts on Formal night. Did see "long shorts" (to the knee) with plaid shirts.

I've not seen a difference between MTD and traditional on other ships.

Just got off a 9 day Anthem cruise yesterday and there were plenty of shorts, T shirts and ripped jeans in the main dining rooms even on formal night.

Wow things have changed. I don't eat in the dining room on formal night because I personally don't like dressing up too much. I always wear slacks and a blouse during regular dining nights. I keep reading people are wearing jeans. I'm soooo tempted because I LOVE to wear jeans, but I have never worn them in the dining room before. I'm just not sure I can because I have spent years NOT wearing them in the dining room LOL! It would definitely be a change.

I've just come off Anthem too, and can confirm that "anything goes". There only seemed to be two suggestions either "casual" or "formal night" on the daily planner. There doesn't appear to be "smart/casual" anymore.... :)

Lots of people dressed extremely casually (like beach wear shorts/tshirts) at all times. Other people in jeans/short sleeve collared shirts, and others a bit more sparkly. Jeans with anything perfectly acceptable.

You will not be turned away from MDR no matter what you are wearing - I promise!

I was actually quite surprised that mostly everyone really dressed up for the first formal night. It was lovely to see all the families getting their photos taken. The second formal night was a bit more smart/casual.

No pressure tho, everyone just did what they felt comfortable with, and a great time was had by all!

Enjoy your cruise, and make sure you book the i-fly and North Star ASAP. We nearly missed out!