P&O boarding times?

Jayneykul

Totally agree on this one. Why selecting your embarkation time can't be linked to an early booking date or a perk of a select fare, or something like that I don't know. (Yes I know it is linked to suites and loyalty tiers but it would take us decades to get to those dizzy heights!).

Our last 2 P&O cruises were booked 10 months in advance on select fares and with 910 points we are Atlantic loyalty.

Our given departure times?

3.30pm both times.

Just don't understand!!!!

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Our last 2 P&O cruises were booked 10 months in advance on select fares and with 910 points we are Atlantic loyalty.

Our given departure times?

3.30pm both times.

Just don't understand!!!!

Because it's done by deck order. They have been posted a couple of times.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Because it's done by deck order. They have been posted a couple of times.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

We had superior deluxe balconies on Ventura on different decks but still 3.30 pm.

Am i right in thinking if we get to 1000 points and Caribbean tier we get to choose boarding time and how do they work the by deck boarding as we had different decks and same boarding time?

Thanks in anticipation.

We had superior deluxe balconies on Ventura on different decks but still 3.30 pm.

Am i right in thinking if we get to 1000 points and Caribbean tier we get to choose boarding time and how do they work the by deck boarding as we had different decks and same boarding time?

Thanks in anticipation.

Sorry but it is still done by deck order I will post the list again later.

Unfortunately you do not get to Caribbean until 2000 points so only a few more cruises to go.

:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Found it.

Thank you for your further email of 9 November.

I appreciate you taking the time to write to us again and I am naturally sorry to read that you were unable to locate the check in times on the Advice Centre area of our website.

Please fine the below check in times per deck for each ship in P&O Cruises Fleet:

Britannia

Deck A: 15:30

Deck B: 13:30

Deck C: 15:30

Deck D: 15:00

Deck E: 14:40

Deck F: 15:00

Deck G: 13:00

Deck L: 13:30

Azura

Deck A: 15:00

Deck B: 14:40

Deck E: 13:30

Deck F: 13:00

Deck L: 13:00

Deck P: 13:00

Deck R: 15:30

Ventura

Oriana

Deck A: 14:00

Deck B: 15:00

Deck C: 14:40

Deck D: 13:30

Deck E: 13:00

Aurora

Deck D: 13:00

Arcadia

Deck E: 14:00

Deck S: 13:00

Oceana

Deck C: 15:00

Deck F: 13:30

Adonia

Deck A: 13:30

Deck B: 14:00

Deck C: 13:30

I do hope the above information may be of some assistance and it will remain my hope that we may be given the opportunity to welcome you back on board in the near future.

Found it.

I appreciate you taking the time to write to us again and I am naturally sorry to read that you were unable to locate the check in times on the Advice Centre area of our website.

Please fine the below check in times per deck for each ship in P&O Cruises Fleet:

Britannia

Azura

Ventura

Oriana

Aurora

Arcadia

Oceana

Adonia

I do hope the above information may be of some assistance and it will remain my hope that we may be given the opportunity to welcome you back on board in the near future.

Thank you very much DaiB.

I will save these details.

My heart sinks when I read some of the judgemental comments here. I'm not saying it's always the case but there are lots of reasons people might take food with them and it's not always about being thrifty. As an example I have a good allergy which is never catered for on P&O trips, I have sailed with passengers who need to eat at a certain time to take medication and those with diabetes who may need to have food handy. So please think twice before making sweeping judgements - you never know when it might happen to you.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I suspect that my post is one of the ones you may feel is judgmental however it is a statement of fact.

Taking a banana or pastry will not harm anyone however taking anything that requires refrigeration is indeed crass (lacking in intelligence) as within just under 2 hours the food will be contaminated with dangerous levels of harmful bacteria.

You see people on tours eating their cold meat sandwiches at noon, made at 8am and sitting in a back pack which has been hit by the sunshine all morning. They are clearly not aware of how much harm it could actually do them. I sometimes wonder if some of the cases of "noro" are not actually self inflicted food poisoning.

Additionally it is illegal at some ports of call to take off certain fresh food stuffs (and even fruit). Europe is not too bad but some countries are.

If people need to take food off the ship for the good reasons you describe then they also need a small cool box and cool blocks to stay safe if that food includes any meat / fish/ eggs etc

I don't understand why anyone would arrive early and expect to be boarded early. We usually arrive early when we drive to Southampton but are happy to sit and read or people watch. We know that the ship will not leave until everyone in the departure hall is boarded. Hopefully now that we are Caribbean we will board fairly soon after we arrive but if we don't we will simply wait until we are called, we will have eaten breakfast so won't die of starvation if we don't eat until dinner.

I also don't understand the chaos remark, we have sat and waited many times and would say that it was busy definitely but I would not call it chaotic.

I suspect that my post is one of the ones you may feel is judgmental however it is a statement of fact.

Taking a banana or pastry will not harm anyone however taking anything that requires refrigeration is indeed crass (lacking in intelligence) as within just under 2 hours the food will be contaminated with dangerous levels of harmful bacteria.

You see people on tours eating their cold meat sandwiches at noon, made at 8am and sitting in a back pack which has been hit by the sunshine all morning. They are clearly not aware of how much harm it could actually do them.

This made me smile..

We grew up going on days out to the beach with my parents every summer. They'd pack a lunch that always contained sandwiches plus a few other things. It was pretty commonplace.

The classic "hamper" lunch still includes things like pork pies (or posher versions thereof). You see lots of people doing that in parks all over the place. Lots of hotels will organise packed lunches for you.

The idea that taking anyone taking a sandwich out with them for the day is always taking their life in their hands is pretty dramatic.

I agree that taking certain foods and carrying it around for hours under 30 degree heat isn't a great idea, but half the p&o cruises aren't at the time of year or to destinations where that is an issue. And even then how does anyone witnessing people making said sandwiches know that the people seen doing that don't have an icepack/freezer pack in their bag. As mentioned previously they are often on air conditioned coaches on day trips.

Personally I'm of a delicate constitution so wouldn't carry a warm sandwich around with me, but my hubby can get away with eating all sorts of gross and past their best foods without a problem much to my chagrin. I guess he's crass[emoji6]

Anyway, I promised myself I wouldn't get involved in this sort of debate while on board but clearly I've failed [emoji38]

Edited by claudiniusmaximus

We are due on Britannia tomm bOarding time allocated 3pm but we want to board around lunchtime. Will this be possible?

We have sailed on Britannia twice, and on both occasions, as we are plebs in the Crown and Anchor loyalty, we have been made to wait. The first time for 2.5 hours.

I have found this thread quite enlightening, my final comments on the subjects are:

There are some people who don't like the idea of not being one of the first on so get there early and cause more problems and then complain about P & O not dealing with the boarding problems that THEY (the passengers) have caused, all for a few hours.

Unfortunately there will always be some who will board earlier than others such is life.

Get over it or pay for a suite!!

I don't agree with taking food from the breakfast buffet for sandwiches I do think it is crass - my point of view.

Maybe some people can justify it, I really don't think they can, but if they don't want to buy a meal at the place they visit that is up to them.

I thank goodness that cruising for me is a rarity and I will do as I am told and not whinge and moan about it.

You see people on tours eating their cold meat sandwiches at noon, made at 8am and sitting in a back pack which has been hit by the sunshine all morning. They are clearly not aware of how much harm it could actually do them. I sometimes wonder if some of the cases of "noro" are not actually self inflicted food poisoning.

Additionally it is illegal at some ports of call to take off certain fresh food stuffs (and even fruit). Europe is not too bad but some countries are.

If people need to take food off the ship for the good reasons you describe then they also need a small cool box and cool blocks to stay safe if that food includes any meat / fish/ eggs etc

This is one of my areas of professional expertise - so I agree completely and generally only take low risk items, and then only if I'm on an all day trip and am unlikely to get any food!

I remember my first time in Paris. It was June. It was our honeymoon. We stayed for a week in a sweet little two star hotel in the Opera district, the next street over was awash with bakers, butchers, grocers etc.

Every morning we'd buy some 'pain rustique', a selection of pates, some cheeses, pop it in our rucksack and go exploring.

We were delirious with the beauty of the city, heady with love and the city in Summer. We would spend the morning exploring museums and galleries.

At lunchtime we'd sit on the steps of a grand building or at the foot of a stunning beautiful fountain and delve into our backpack to eat our bread, cheese and pate, tearing chunks of bread off and smearing the pate onto it straight from the wax-paper wrapping, watching the beautiful and chic people of Paris going about their business.

In the afternoons we'd find some beautiful little bar and spend hours reading and drinking wine, busying ourselves with romance and love and life.

The thought that someone might have seen us, divinely happily taking our pate out of our backpack and glorying in our lunch routine might have sneered to themselves that we were crass for carrying our lunch around with us all morning.... well it just makes me a little sad for them.

Edited by claudiniusmaximus

Found it.

Britannia

Azura

Ventura

Oriana

Aurora

Arcadia

Oceana

Adonia

Surely these times are incorrect now if times has been bought forward to pre-noon for the priorities ?

I remember my first time in Paris. It was June. It was our honeymoon. We stayed for a week in a sweet little two star hotel in the Opera district, the next street over was awash with bakers, butchers, grocers etc.

Every morning we'd buy some 'pain rustique', a selection of pates, some cheeses, pop it in our rucksack and go exploring.

We were delirious with the beauty of the city, heady with love and the city in Summer. We would spend the morning exploring museums and galleries.

At lunchtime we'd sit on the steps of a grand building or at the foot of a stunning beautiful fountain and delve into our backpack to eat our bread, cheese and pate, tearing chunks of bread off and smearing the pate onto it straight from the wax-paper wrapping, watching the beautiful and chic people of Paris going about their business.

In the afternoons we'd find some beautiful little bar and spend hours reading and drinking wine, busying ourselves with romance and love and life.

The thought that someone might have seen us, divinely happily taking our pate out of our backpack and glorying in our lunch routine might have sneered to themselves that we were crass for carrying our lunch around with us all morning.... well it just makes me a little sad for them.

In the circumstances you describe no one would have done so as they didn't see you buy it and carry it around all day.

People are free to do as they wish but many will genuinely not be aware of just how quickly bacteria multiple in some food stuffs.

And yet people here are making all sorts of assumptions and judgements of others without knowing anything at all about their dietary requirements, their methods of storage of the food they are taking with them, when they plan to eat, their personal circumstances....

Judgements have been made based on the fact of gathering their food at the start of the day (as we did) or based on seeing someone take food out of their backpack at lunchtime (as we did).

Use of the word "crass" to describe someone is judgemental, whenever it's used. I use it all the time to describe Donald Trump[emoji38]

I have found this thread quite enlightening, my final comments on the subjects are:

There are some people who don't like the idea of not being one of the first on so get there early and cause more problems and then complain about P & O not dealing with the boarding problems that THEY (the passengers) have caused, all for a few hours.

Unfortunately there will always be some who will board earlier than others such is life.

Get over it or pay for a suite!!

I don't agree with taking food from the breakfast buffet for sandwiches I do think it is crass - my point of view.

Maybe some people can justify it, I really don't think they can, but if they don't want to buy a meal at the place they visit that is up to them.

I thank goodness that cruising for me is a rarity and I will do as I am told and not whinge and moan about it.

I couldn't agree more. Well put......

And in answer to the fact that people take the food for medical reasons , there is no problem. But there are those who definitely take it for later in the day . Sorry it should be stopped.

It happens in hotels as well. I would have no sympathy if these people get food poisoning.

And yet people here are making all sorts of assumptions and judgements of others without knowing anything at all about their dietary requirements, their methods of storage of the food they are taking with them, when they plan to eat, their personal circumstances

People on here make all sorts of assumptions and judgements about absolutely everything 😀

If we all agreed about everything there would not be many posts on the board. The whole point is comment and (civilised) debate.

I for example don't like P&Os boarding arrangements and think they need to improve them. Others think they are just fine and that those who don't like them just want to skip the que or have no patience etc etc.

I play by P&Os rules and arrive at the time I am given but I don't have to like it. Others don't follow the rules and the same goes for food.

True, true.

Anyway I'm going to unsubscribe - not because I'm miffed or anything but just because I keep getting notification on my phone that someone has replied. I'm using the internet package which so far is working far too well[emoji6][emoji51]

I'm with you all the way on this issue, I was brought up on picnic lunches throughout our holidays, just like Enid Blyton's famous 5, and continued with our children when we took our caravanning holidays, it never seemed to do any of us any harm. In fact I imagine that's why gastro enteritis problems were far fewer in the old days, we all absorbed a few germs daily, which helped to keep our immune systems in tip top condition.

I'm with you all the way on this issue, I was brought up on picnic lunches throughout our holidays, just like Enid Blyton's famous 5, and continued with our children when we took our caravanning holidays, it never seemed to do any of us any harm. In fact I imagine that's why gastro enteritis problems were far fewer in the old days, we all absorbed a few germs daily, which helped to keep our immune systems in tip top condition.

Actually I agree that people had more robust immune systems in the days before dish washers etc perhaps more of a built up tolerance as you say.

The difference (only my opinion) between a picnic you make up yourself and one made with food taken from a buffet is that with buffet food you have no idea how long the food has already been out on display and held on the cold plate (though there are legal maximums).

Actually I agree that people had more robust immune systems in the days before dish washers etc perhaps more of a built up tolerance as you say.

The difference (only my opinion) between a picnic you make up yourself and one made with food taken from a buffet is that with buffet food you have no idea how long the food has already been out on display and held on the cold plate (though there are legal maximums).

Since most comments are about people making up picnics over their breakfast, its a reasonable assumption that the cold cuts and breads were only assembled that morning, even though it might have been fairly early. TBH I have no issues with passengers making up sandwiches for lunch ashore, other than the fact it looks a bit unsightly, many families do find buying lunches out is beyond their budget, I just hope they packed some clingfilm. Going back to our early cruising I seem to remember that Thomson used to provide a free packed lunch for those going on some shore excursions, not sure whether P&O did or not.

Since most comments are about people making up picnics over their breakfast, its a reasonable assumption that the cold cuts and breads were only assembled that morning, even though it might have been fairly early. TBH I have no issues with passengers making up sandwiches for lunch ashore, other than the fact it looks a bit unsightly, many families do find buying lunches out is beyond their budget, I just hope they packed some clingfilm. Going back to our early cruising I seem to remember that Thomson used to provide a free packed lunch for those going on some shore excursions, not sure whether P&O did or not.

Sun cruises did too.