P&O boarding times?

Jayneykul

I have seen it at hotels in Spain and her islands where people have made sandwiches to take out at breakfast time as well.

Its just the way some people are i guess.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

True!! I suppose I would find it easier to order something locally as the saying goes, 'horses for courses'.

I will admit I have been known to pocket a banana or a muffin when I visited the States and had a buffet breakfast. :')

True!! I suppose I would find it easier to order something locally as the saying goes, 'horses for courses'.

I will admit I have been known to pocket a banana or a muffin when I visited the States and had a buffet breakfast. :')

We go to Denny's​ for breakfast in Orlando about 8.30am and it fills us up for the day.

On the topic of boarding times... we've just boarded Aurora today! Yippee!

We had a 3pm boarding time. Checked out of hotel around 11.30, did some last minute shopping at West Quay and headed to the ship around 1.45ish.

It was busy, with long queues, but they moved quite quickly and after checking in we went straight through security and onto the ship, in our cabin by 2.30, had a walk around, quick bite in the buffet and currently sat in the Crows Nest at 3.30.

Muster drill in half an hour.

Can't wait to set sail. So excited[emoji106][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by claudiniusmaximus

One the topic of boarding times... we've just boarded Aurora today! Yippee!

We had a 3pm boarding time. Checked out of hotel around 11.30, did some last minute shopping at West Quay and headed to the ship around 1.45ish.

It was busy, with long queues, but they moved quite quickly and after checking in we went straight through security and onto the ship, in our cabin by 2.30, had a walk around, quick bite in the buffet and currently sat in the Crows Nest at 3.30.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Have a great time --- feel excited for you :-)

On our Ventura cruise earlier this year we were given a boarding time of 3.30. We arrived at 1.30 and sat in terminal until 3.25. Won't get there earlier again, it was chaos.

Ironically, we met friends who had a time of 3 pm. We arrived by coach at 2.30pm (with a time of 3.30pm I have to add) but we didn't board until 3.45pm and they were after us. Just seems a chaotic system that is different from cruise to cruise. We love P&O but it does need looking at. Either they stick to the time or they don't....

Brilliant, have a great trip!

On our Ventura cruise earlier this year we were given a boarding time of 3.30. We arrived at 1.30 and sat in terminal until 3.25. Won't get there earlier again, it was chaos.

Sorry if the boarding time is 3:30 then where's the problem if you arrive two hours early?

And that is why the chaos happens.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am not sure what the chaos is? Personally I like structure and I just can't get my head around why some people want to attempt to get on early.

As I said sometimes, maybe some people get to the terminal early because the roads are clearer than anticipated but even so they shouldn't expect to board early.

As far as I can see if too many people get there too early they are causing the problem as surely a staggered boarding is best.

Maybe the next time I will feel differently as we will be driving not using the coach but it seems those who purposely get there much earlier than their allotted time in the hope they get boarded early are the ones who cause the problems.

I can't get my head around believing it is anything else - unless I am missing something.

I am not sure what the chaos is? Personally I like structure and I just can't get my head around why some people want to attempt to get on early.

As I said sometimes, maybe some people get to the terminal early because the roads are clearer than anticipated but even so they shouldn't expect to board early.

As far as I can see if too many people get there too early they are causing the problem as surely a staggered boarding is best.

Maybe the next time I will feel differently as we will be driving not using the coach but it seems those who purposely get there much earlier than their allotted time in the hope they get boarded early are the ones who cause the problems.

I can't get my head around believing it is anything else - unless I am missing something.

Some one said there was chaos when they arrived 2 hours early. I simply said that early added to the chaos.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree. Why should you expect to be able to board early just because you have got there early.

Agree. Why should you expect to be able to board early just because you have got there early.

We are fortunate that we have sailed many times from Southampton and seen first hand P&O and RC embarkation from here.

IMO RC win hands down they are so much better.

Yes what I mean is that because people arrive 2hrs too early and may well want to get on early , then it will probably be chaotic. Not saying that that was the cruzadict's intention but I'm sure it would be some peoples'.

Please tell me why RCI and Celebrity never have chaotic queuing in their terminals when they allow all loyalty members to choose when they arrive between 11:00 and 15:00. All I ask is for someone from P&O to pop round to City Terminal to see how embarkation is done properly, in a way that puts the customer first.

Please tell me why RCI and Celebrity never have chaotic queuing in their terminals when they allow all loyalty members to choose when they arrive between 11:00 and 15:00. All I ask is for someone from P&O to pop round to City Terminal to see how embarkation is done properly, in a way that puts the customer first.

It doesn't really matter why other companies do what they do - all that is needed is for people to arrive around the time they have been told.

Why is that so terrible? I don't see what the rush is?

Please see below

Surprising isn't it that P&O's offices are quite close to City Terminal too. Must be able to see the lack of queues from the office :)

It doesn't really matter why other companies do what they do - all that is needed is for people to arrive around the time they have been told.

Why is that so terrible? I don't see what the rush is?

Because many people don't want to be boarding at 3:30pm and later, to have to rush to muster drill (often delayed from reports of late boarding) then rush to sail away (although again delayed due to late boarding). The 'rush' is called enjoying a day of your holiday, not half of it because of the inefficiency of the cruise line.

Many times you can't check into a hotel bedroom until 4pm, but the hotel will never stop you enjoying the facilities before then, because every minute you're on their property is more opportunity for them to earn revenue from you. P&O obviously can't see this, or more likely don't care about their customers.

Obviously many P&O cruisers are more than happy to hang around Southampton, bring their own lunch, or sit in a cruise terminal (which has even less attractions than an airport) until their allotted time. Is this a British thing, being compliant?

I just don't get why other lines can be so flexible in Southampton, get people boarded efficiently, whereas P&O are so rigid about it, but still end up with delayed muster drills and sail aways. Perhaps that's another reason P&O are so vague with the port departure and arrival times, they are so inefficient they can't plan properly.

Because many people don't want to be boarding at 3:30pm and later, to have to rush to muster drill (often delayed from reports of late boarding) then rush to sail away (although again delayed due to late boarding). The 'rush' is called enjoying a day of your holiday, not half of it because of the inefficiency of the cruise line.

Many times you can't check into a hotel bedroom until 4pm, but the hotel will never stop you enjoying the facilities before then, because every minute you're on their property is more opportunity for them to earn revenue from you. P&O obviously can't see this, or more likely don't care about their customers.

Obviously many P&O cruisers are more than happy to hang around Southampton, bring their own lunch, or sit in a cruise terminal (which has even less attractions than an airport) until their allotted time. Is this a British thing, being compliant?

I just don't get why other lines can be so flexible in Southampton, get people boarded efficiently, whereas P&O are so rigid about it, but still end up with delayed muster drills and sail aways. Perhaps that's another reason P&O are so vague with the port departure and arrival times, they are so inefficient they can't plan properly.

Totally agree on this one. Why selecting your embarkation time can't be linked to an early booking date or a perk of a select fare, or something like that I don't know. (Yes I know it is linked to suites and loyalty tiers but it would take us decades to get to those dizzy heights!).

I agree it is like comparing chalk and cheese with P&O and RC with Southampton departures.