Laundry

imalori

Anyone with experience on Celebrity - what is the laundry situation? Are there pay machines in which I can do my own laundry? How crowded? How much do they cost? Pay with quarters? Euros? I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks!

Yea, no self-serve laundry on Celebrity. It's a pick up and drop off service from your cabin attendant. I've used it a few times, I like it. It's a bit expensive, so I use the Captain's Club coupons, but I think it would work fine if you are in a jam and need something cleaned or pressed.

here is a full laundry and dry-cleaning service available onboard for reasonable rates.Regular service, picked up before 9AM, is returned next day. For same day service, picked up before 9AM and returned same day, add 50% express service surcharge.

Laundry Services

Item

PriceSuit$17.50

Jacket$8.00

Pants$7.00

Long Sleeved Shirt$7.00

Short Sleeved Shirt$6.00

Sweater$8.00Shorts$5.50

Dress$11.00

Skirt$6.50

Pajamas$5.50

Handkerchief$3.00

T-shirt$3.75

Undergarments$3.00S

wimsuit$4.00

Socks, pair$3.00

Dry-Cleaning

ItemPrice

Suit$19.00

Jacket$11.00

Pants$8.00

Vest$5.00

Long Sleeved Shirt$7.50

Short Sleeved Shirt$6.50

Sweater$9.00

Shorts$6.50

Dress$16.00

Skirt$7.50

Necktie/Tie$5.004

Item Special$28.00

Pressing Only

ItemPrice

Suit$14.00

Jacket$8.00

Pants$6.00

Vest$3.00

Long Sleeved Shirt$5.75

Short Sleeved Shirt$4.00S

weater$5.50

Shorts$4.00Dress$8.00

Skirt$6.004

Item Special$25.00

Anyone with experience on Celebrity - what is the laundry situation?

No self service laundry onboard. The price list has already been posted but I wanted to add that twice during our 15 day TA cruise on Reflection in April they offered a "bag" special. They will wash, dry, fold all the laundry you can stuff into one of their paper laundry bags (without busting the bag) for a flat rate of $50/bag full. I took to time to calculate that it would have cost us about $120, instead of $50 we paid, to do the bag of laundry that we turned in during their special.

No self service laundry onboard. The price list has already been posted but I wanted to add that twice during our 15 day TA cruise on Reflection in April they offered a "bag" special. They will wash, dry, fold all the laundry you can stuff into one of their paper laundry bags (without busting the bag) for a flat rate of $50/bag full. I took to time to calculate that it would have cost us about $120, instead of $50 we paid, to do the bag of laundry that we turned in during their special.

On what day of the cruise was the offer?

We booked Eclipse 14 Nights Exotic Southern Caribbean

Usually the coupon is with your status as you arrive. There is a bag in your closet or you can ask the cabin steward. They usually run a fill the bag special and then if you have any status with celebrity you get coupons. It saves alot of packing if you are on a longer cruise. I've used them and I would again.

It was cheaper to get my dresses dry cleaned on the ship than at home. I will do it again if it's still cheaper to do that on my next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have homes in NJ and PA. The prices on the ship are about what we pay in Pa. and less than Nj. If we need stuff done, we do it on the ship rather than at home.

We have homes in NJ and PA. The prices on the ship are about what we pay in Pa. and less than Nj. If we need stuff done, we do it on the ship rather than at home.

Living in New Jersey and Florida, the rates on the ship are over double what we pay!

Where I am based in the UK it is more expensive to have a dress dry cleaned there than on the ship. It seems crazy though when I look at the rate of exchange and the cost of anything with Celebrity. May be I should keep quiet, in case the prices get inflated? [emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The lack of a self-service laundry is the biggest disincentive to taking another Celebrity cruise. Our first aboard the Millenniumin May was for 15 days and we found the laundry prices very expensive. Our preferred cruise line is Princess and all ships have coin operated laundromats.

The lack of a self-service laundry is the biggest disincentive to taking another Celebrity cruise. Our first aboard the Millenniumin May was for 15 days and we found the laundry prices very expensive. Our preferred cruise line is Princess and all ships have coin operated laundromats.

I agree completely. AT LEAST if there was an iron to get the wrinkles out of packed clothing.

You and I have a different opinion of what is a reasonable rate.

Actually I think the rates are very reasonable. If you can afford to cruise you can afford to send your laundry out. Also as stated some things do well in the sink. Take clothes pins to hand up those unmentionables

Be careful what you send them to wash. It appears they wash in HOT HOT water. I also had several tops change color - my red top is now a tie die burgundy . . . . and another top changed color - but at least not tie dye. Maybe take pics before you send off to laundry. I will do my best to never need their services.

Try telling that to DH....haha

Actually I think the rates are very reasonable. If you can afford to cruise you can afford to send your laundry out. Also as stated some things do well in the sink. Take clothes pins to hand up those unmentionables

I have to point out that the prices HAL charged on the Koningsdam were substantially less. The number of responses to this thread indicate how important this is for cruisers, especially on a longer itinerary.

Presumably, Celebrity monitors these boards and will provide more competitive pricing and service.