Laundry

imalori

seriously-thats-all-you-got-thumb.jpg

If you cruise enough with Celebrity, you will pay nothing for laundry. Even prior to that, we spent about $60 per a two week cruise on laundry. That is the price of a very good bottle of wine or two average bottles.

The lack of a self-service laundry is the biggest disincentive to taking another Celebrity cruise. Our first aboard the Millenniumin May was for 15 days and we found the laundry prices very expensive. Our preferred cruise line is Princess and all ships have coin operated laundromats.

I picked Princess over Celebrity this summer in Europe for two weeks there because they have coin laundromats.

As of my last Celebrity cruise in Spring 2016, they still did the Laundry Bag discount on cruises of 7 nights. It was the next to last night of the cruise that it was offered. I did it on a 14 night cruise and I can't remember when it was- more than halfway through.

Back-to-Back cruisers received a complimentary bag of laundry for free.

I haven't had any issues with colors running or anything like that. They do iron in a little tag with your cabin number on it, which I sometimes forget to take out right away and then wonder why I'm itching, or find it months later when doing laundry at home. ;)

Be careful what you send them to wash. It appears they wash in HOT HOT water. I also had several tops change color - my red top is now a tie die burgundy . . . . and another top changed color - but at least not tie dye. Maybe take pics before you send off to laundry. I will do my best to never need their services.

A couple of shirts came back with holes. Two different times. So I only send t-shirts, underwear, socks and pique type polos. Also I won't send a jacket to be dry cleaned or pressed in the future. They over pressed that last time.

Those laundry and cleaning prices are really high...

Not worth paying that much for laundry by the bag... we use our Elite coupons and do 2 bags.,,whites and darks we would not miss if lost or ruined,. Otherwise we do it ourself in sink...drip dry over the shower, roll in towels , on backs of balc chairs for swimsuits..whatever works.

They put little tapes with cabin no, on each item...hard to get off and scratchy if you forget,

Not sure if laundry by the piece is a better service....We once had free personalized laundry when there was an oil puffback on aft deck...our light colored clothing was covered in oily stuff... Miraculously it came back whiter than ever with a very quick turn around,

On what day of the cruise was the offer?

We booked Eclipse 14 Nights Exotic Southern Caribbean

I don't remember exactly, the room steward left a note on our bed about the special each time, but I think it was on about day 6 and day 12 of the 16 day cruise.

I don't remember exactly, the room steward left a note on our bed about the special each time, but I think it was on about day 6 and day 12 of the 16 day cruise.

Thank you for the info. I was wondering too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As an Elite customer we get one bag of up to 30 items per cruise regardless of length. AS we are a couple both elite we get two bags per cruise. It can be difficult getting 30 items into the paper bag so we line it with a plastic bag thus not tearing it. On previous cruises over 10 days when we were select there was often a $20 bag of laundry on offer. It was also very worthwhile. Paying for laundry is also one way of using up Non refundable OBC

Thank you for the info. I was wondering too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Before I had the free Elite bag (there is a deadline for that to, usually 3 days before the end) I would ask guest relations on the first or second day when and if they were going to have the laundry special. I found that gathering information from reports here on Cruise Critic on which day for a particular ship and itinerary didn't alway turn out. But guest relations on the ship could tell me. As for the cabin stewards, I have had them forget to leave the special bag. Don't rely on them. I had to request it.

When?

During first segment?

Turnaround day?

During 2nd segment?

The only thing I ever received free on Celebrity back to backs was a coupon for a free lunch at either the Bistro on Five or The Porch on the turnaround day.