when is the best time to book Boston to Bermuda for June 2018?

sazzifrazz

I just went to book a Boston to Bermuda cruise for the end of June 2018 and was surprised by the price. Its so much more than cruises this summer 2017. They are offering free dining and drinks package but the price seems really high. Would I be better off waiting to book?

There is no incentive in waiting to book. When booking direct with NCL, you can cancel/re-book without penalty if a better price appears between now and final payment date. And if the price goes up between now and then, you will have locked in the lower price.

Waiting to book until after final payment date (last minute) is another discussion.

I wish we already had our passports, I'd grab a cheap rate for this summer

If you are a U.S. citizen you don't need a passport, just a certified birth certificate and a government issued I.D.

its a closed loop cruise so you're set to go if you want!!

I was surprised by the prices Boston to Bermuda also. Does anyone know if that is normal? Or is something special increasing the prices for summer 2018?

It is usual for cruises a year far out to be priced higher, possibly bunched with some booking perks. Prices are adjusted depending on how the cabins sell out.

• 7 months later...

Bermuda from Boston is always a "costly" trip. I wonder if that's because it draws so many local people who don't have to pay for airfare and are willing to pay the higher price? Going out of NY is a little less, but from MA you have a 4-5 hour drive and then have to park so that negates the lower berth rate.

It's all about supply and demand and this ship is almost always full! Rarely have I seen last minute fares that are much lower but it does happen if the particular sailing isn't full - of course there are no "perks" by then;p

I just went to book a Boston to Bermuda cruise for the end of June 2018 and was surprised by the price. Its so much more than cruises this summer 2017. They are offering free dining and drinks package but the price seems really high. Would I be better off waiting to book?

Agree with what other's have said but also please note - those "FREE PERKS" are not free on NCL - you must pay the 18% gratuities associated with the package based on the "cost" for the beverage and dining package. That's about $110 each for the beverage package and $27 each for the 3 meal dining package.

On other lines that offer these perks occasionally, the gratuities are included!

Agree with what other's have said but also please note - those "FREE PERKS" are not free on NCL - you must pay the 18% gratuities associated with the package based on the "cost" for the beverage and dining package. That's about $110 each for the beverage package and $27 each for the 3 meal dining package.

On other lines that offer these perks occasionally, the gratuities are included!

It's still a great deal. There are many recent threads discussing the merits of the promo.

Gratuity on UBP is 20 percent now.

Bermuda is an expensive place. Guarantee the cruise is still a cheaper option.

We booked the Dawn to Bermuda three weeks prior and thought we got a very good deal. Sailed in July. Everything has to do with supply and demand. School breaks etc. They know they will fill the ships.

Bermuda from Boston is always a "costly" trip. I wonder if that's because it draws so many local people who don't have to pay for airfare and are willing to pay the higher price? Going out of NY is a little less, but from MA you have a 4-5 hour drive and then have to park so that negates the lower berth rate.

It's all about supply and demand and this ship is almost always full! Rarely have I seen last minute fares that are much lower but it does happen if the particular sailing isn't full - of course there are no "perks" by then;p

We have booked a lot of last minute Bermuda deals @ $399pp . :cool:

We Don't Fly...

We have driven to port's in Florida also.

It's still a great deal. There are many recent threads discussing the merits of the promo.

You are correct .... It is a great deal if you are someone who enjoys a wider selection of beverages... The OP was commenting on the cost of the cruise - just making sure they understand the additional cost of the "perks" making it even more costly.

It's all personal preference. I'm just saying I always get a kick out of NCL promoting the "FREE at SEA" perks when there is a price attached to some of those perks. For the two of us the additional grats and service fee was $262.00 - which comes out to about $38 day for two of us - yes that was a great deal.... just not "free";p

Edited by cinbol