Norwegian newbie here with room service question

Good afternoon. I've read online where there is a $7.95 charge for room service. Is that each time you order something? Even if you just order a pot of coffee in the morning?

We will be on the Getaway for a B2B next May. We only sailed on Princess, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Carnival so we are trying something new this time. On Princess, Celebrity and I believe Royal Caribbean we have never paid for room service, other than a soda charge. On Carnival we were extremely disappointed that we had to pay for French fries in room service.

Thanks, Kari

The charge is per delivery, so it is the same whether you order one item or a number of things.

However, it isn't charged for continental breakfast items. I have never used it, so can't say exactly what is included or not, but coffee is certainly free if ordered at breakfast time.

coffee, tea and pastries/fruit are free. hot foods, pizza, etc. is all a charge.

now if you are in a suite, the menu is much more expansive and there is no charge for any room service.

Not totally correct.

If you are in a suite and order from the MDR or Suites restaurant, the room service is free. If you order from a specialty restaurant, you pay the specialty restaurant price.

Good afternoon. I've read online where there is a $7.95 charge for room service. Is that each time you order something? Even if you just order a pot of coffee in the morning?

We will be on the Getaway for a B2B next May. We only sailed on Princess' date=' Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Carnival so we are trying something new this time. On Princess, Celebrity and I believe Royal Caribbean we have never paid for room service, other than a soda charge. On Carnival we were extremely disappointed that we had to pay for French fries in room service.

Thanks, Kari

Royal now have a $7.95 room service charge.. this started back in April of this year.