Celebrity Equinox Introduces For-Fee Burger Venue to Mast Grill

LauraS

Check out the latest Celebrity Cruises news from Cruise Critic:

Celebrity Equinox Introduces For-Fee Burger Venue to Mast Grill

The burgers that many enjoyed, come from Sysco/US Foods. We use them on our slightly higher end summer catering cook outs. I'm willing to try the new burgers on our Jan.2018 Eclipse trip. I pretty much feel they'll at least be on most of the Solstice class ships before too long

Edited by keithm
punctuation.

The burgers that many enjoyed, come from Sysco/US Foods. We use them on our slightly higher end summer catering cook outs. I'm willing to try the new burgers on our Jan.2018 Eclipse trip. I pretty much feel they'll at least be on most of the Solstice class ships before too long

We returned from an Equinox sailing in early June. I can tell you, they were not Sysco burgers (at least in the MDR for lunch). All passengers were offered a free mini tour of the galley. We saw the burgers being prepared from raw meat. I asked how they seasoned them because I found them quite tasty. I don't know how to insert a picture, or else I would do it.

The official Celebrity representative has admitted (on another thread) that despite being advertised as Kobe Beef it is infact beef comprised of an American Kobe Style Beef blend with Dry Aged Rib Cap - whatever that means I don't know except that it is not Kobe Beef!

We we on the Equinox last month and my wife had burgers a few days. Its bad enough that she had to go to the other side of the ship just to get these burgers (from the buffett.) A few days it rained, and when it did, they put the burgers in the Ocean Cafe, which also means something in the Ocean Cafe was dropped, like Asian food.

I certainly see the trend you are going for. Pay for all your food. Want free food? Get a suite and get your food from your "special" restaurant.

Edited by ano

we paid for the burger in the Gastropub on the Equinox and it was so so SO good, that we went back for a second one later in the cruise and paid again. so if the new ones are anything like the Gastropub, it's worth the $ IMO.

The official Celebrity representative has admitted (on another thread) that despite being advertised as Kobe Beef it is infact beef comprised of an American Kobe Style Beef blend with Dry Aged Rib Cap - whatever that means I don't know except that it is not Kobe Beef!

Parts of the sirloin but not all sirloin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

http://www.flannerybeef.com/butcher/prime-beef/dry-aged-ca-reserve/dry-aged-ribeye-cap.html

But it costs $57/pound so I doubt they use much of it in a 1/2 pound burger for $10.

It seems that RCI-parent company is chip- chip-chipping away at what used to be included in your cruise fare. In May we sailed on Liberty of the Seas only to discover that there was now an $8.00/order charge for room service with the exception of continental breakfast.

Now Royal just announced a non-refundable deposit option on Royal Ships. Those of us who remember the good old days when cruising offered so many perks not avaiable on land-based vacations have good reason to lament and wonder what cut or extra charge is next?

I have often thought that Royal could get away with higher prices, fewer perks and promos, deceptive deals like BOGOHO, 30,30,30 (when analyzed offer no deal at all - just adjusted pricing, because they cater to younger cruisers often with less experience on other cruise lines, who are loyal to Royal so have no idea what they are missing or paying more for. I just pray that Celebrity, Princess and HAL do not follow Royal's lead. HAL and Carnival still offer gourmet burger, hot dog bars for no additional cost. Modern Luxury needs to take a step back and discontinue charging for the all American meal.

I will not be paying extra for american "kobe style" blended meat burger...LOL You're basically eating a burger with spices.I'll bring my own spices and get the regular burger if I feel the need to have one.

we paid for the burger in the Gastropub on the Equinox and it was so so SO good, that we went back for a second one later in the cruise and paid again. so if the new ones are anything like the Gastropub, it's worth the $ IMO.

Instead of buying a burger for $10 dollars, I can go to the steak house at night and have a 4 course meal with a nice steak.

Wonder how much they're going to charge for the food on the Edge....

That's too bad that this has occurred. This venue on the ships has been such a nice, convenient, and positive experience, up until now. While we don't eat hot dogs and burgers every pool/sea day, we do treat ourselves to one or the other once in a while and interchanged that with a healthy choice lunch buffet poolside.

Is it that hard to raise the price of the cruise by $5.00 or $10.00 a person so this gets aborbed without notice?