Pacific Princess

Ron the Rev

We are taking our first cruise on the Pacific Princess, sailing out of Dover, our documents say that boarding starts at 1300. As on the larger ships we normally go to the main dining room for embarkation lunch ( we don't do buffet), we are wondering what the arrangements are on the Pacific for lunch. Any other tips for enjoying this cruise to Norway / Iceland would be appreciated.

Ron, sorry I can't help you with your question, but as this cruise has a great attraction for my wife and I, can I ask that you provide a review of it at sometime in the future? Many thanks.

Ron,

As on other Princess ships, the boarding will start earlier than the 1pm posted time. Usually 11:30am or so.

The MDR will be open from noon to 1:30pm on embarkation day

For my last 10 Princess cruises, we forgo the MDR & buffet and just have lunch at the International Cafe immediately after embarkation. We do not even go to our cabin first. Convenient and no crowds.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Everything is just like on the "big" ships, only no IC, MUTS or theater.

The IC is replaced by coffee service at the bars. The bar at the entrance to the buffet is convenient.

MUTS is replaced by showing movies in the Cabaret Lounge. Wear a jacket and/or bring a blanket. The place is an ice box!!

Evening shows and lectures are also in the Cabaret Lounge. It's a busy place.

You're gonna LOVE it!! :hearteyes::*

For my last 10 Princess cruises, we forgo the MDR & buffet and just have lunch at the International Cafe immediately after embarkation. We do not even go to our cabin first. Convenient and no crowds.

Doesn't work on the Pacific...no IC. But there aren't any crowds either. :D

Ugh, no IC?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

You really don't need it. There are plenty of IC type options in the buffet which won't be crowded as is the case on the larger ships. In addition, there's a specialty coffee bar as you enter the buffet and of course, the MDR will be open for a great leisurely lunch.

Pacific Princess is a very different cruising experience. I love it!! :D

Everything is just like on the "big" ships, only no IC, MUTS or theater.

The IC is replaced by coffee service at the bars. The bar at the entrance to the buffet is convenient.

MUTS is replaced by showing movies in the Cabaret Lounge. Wear a jacket and/or bring a blanket. The place is an ice box!!

Evening shows and lectures are also in the Cabaret Lounge. It's a busy place.

You're gonna LOVE it!! :hearteyes::*

Don't they have anything like a MUTS blanket available?