Single passenger prices.....Really?

the website says there are no interiors available, but if I add a second person to the ressie, then interiors become available.

Considering how wonky the RCI website is, I would look for it on another travel website. If that doesn't work, you should call RCI.

When I check any of my 12 solo booked cruises, I can see a line that shows the 50% off on the Summary page. It's also shows on the detail price per person breakdown.

I see this breakdown on my booked cruises as well. I didn't realize that this doesn't show up for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Odd. I've heard of singles not able to book guarantees, but not specific staterooms.

When I see guarantee rates go away for solo, I usually have revenue special fare it for me. Same price just less taxes/fees for 1.

When I see guarantee rates go away for solo, I usually have revenue special fare it for me. Same price just less taxes/fees for 1.

So you think it's just some sort of website glitch?

I forget exactly where I saw this, but there was an online site that in listing available cabins, also showed a minimum number of people for each cabin. So there is something in RCL's system that allows them to put minimum occupancy levels on cabins, thus there's why you may sometimes not be able to book an available cabin as a single (or perhaps even as just 2 people).

Just back from a cruise from a local cruise line. Don't allowed solo cruiser. So book for 2 pax. Costa Cruises part of Carnival don't accept solo cruisers.

Actually they do but you have to keep checking. Sailed in April this year (TA) balcony no solo supplement. Booked for March next year single classic price. The price has doubled since I booked.

Just back from a cruise from a local cruise line. Don't allowed solo cruiser. So book for 2 pax. Costa Cruises part of Carnival don't accept solo cruisers.

I just did a mock booking and I was able to book as a solo passenger on Costa.

I just did a mock booking and I was able to book as a solo passenger on Costa.

2092.jpg

Your Reservation Summary

Tue, Nov 7, 2017

Depart:

Fri, Nov 10, 2017

Return:

Costa Cruises

Cruise Line:

Costa Victoria

Ship:

3 Days Southeast Asia

Description:

Guests: 2 Adults

Departure Airport: Cruise Only

Category: Interior Classic IC

Pricing:

(2) Cruise Fare$825.92

*EST. TOTALSGD $825.92

Try clicking on this booking. When you change it to 1 Adult it says " No cabin is available............."

2092.jpg

Your Reservation Summary

Tue, Nov 7, 2017

Depart:

Fri, Nov 10, 2017

Return:

Costa Cruises

Cruise Line:

Costa Victoria

Ship:

3 Days Southeast Asia

Description:

Guests: 2 Adults

Departure Airport: Cruise Only

Category: Interior Classic IC

Pricing:

(2) Cruise Fare$825.92

*EST. TOTALSGD $825.92

Try clicking on this booking. When you change it to 1 Adult it says " No cabin is available............."

This cruise is not being marketed in the US, so I can't look it up.

I'm almost to the point of being offended by RCCL touting a new sale weekly - or should I say "weakly". In many cases, advertised sales aren't sales at all because all they do is hike the base prices and then discount the hiked prices with a BOGO 50% off, second pax sails free, OBC, instant cash, etc. We've been considering a couple of RCCL cruises and each and every one of them was priced lower prior to an advertised sale. The cruise we currently have booked on RCCL is "on sale" for about $700 more than the price we booked at. I used to think airline pricing was ridiculous but it appears cruise pricing is worse. IMHO, when everything is advertised "on sale", nothing is really "on sale".

I'm almost to the point of being offended by RCCL touting a new sale weekly - or should I say "weakly". In many cases, advertised sales aren't sales at all because all they do is hike the base prices and then discount the hiked prices with a BOGO 50% off, second pax sails free, OBC, instant cash, etc. We've been considering a couple of RCCL cruises and each and every one of them was priced lower prior to an advertised sale. The cruise we currently have booked on RCCL is "on sale" for about $700 more than the price we booked at. I used to think airline pricing was ridiculous but it appears cruise pricing is worse. IMHO, when everything is advertised "on sale", nothing is really "on sale".

There are thousands upon thousands of retailers out there who you would find equally offensive (some probably more so) by doing the same thing. The problem is that this is the exactly the kind of marketing the masses crave (despite those here that say they abhor it). Can anyone say "JC Penney"?

It takes a smart consumer like yourself to know the market price for something before, during and after a "sale". Kudos to you for recognizing it.

It really doesn't pay to get offended by anything in the business world. It's just business it's not personal.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

It really doesn't pay to get offended by anything in the business world. It's just business it's not personal.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

You mean like cheating on the pollution tests (VW). Lying about the financial condition of your company (Enron). Helping your client lie about its financial condition (Authur Anderson). Conducting a Ponzi scheme (Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities). Using your superior financial position to drive your competitors out of business (Standard Oil). Using your superior market share position to force vendors to agree to use your product (Microsoft). Increase your profit by using pump and dump tactics (Stratton Oakmont - the Wolf of Wall Street). Invasion of privacy (News of the World). Insider trading (Ivan Boesky). The list goes on, and all of these actions are very offensive.

You mean like ...

I mean like the kinds of things that we were discussing when I made that statement. Get a grip.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I mean like the kinds of things that we were discussing when I made that statement. Get a grip.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Then don't make blanket statements. You make these far reaching statements, then get upset when people call you on them.

You sure do seen to be aiming to pick a fight to drive the thread off of into a tangent. The thread must have struck some kind of nerve with you for you to be working so hard to do that. How about we just agree to disagree and go our separate ways.

You sure do seen to be aiming to pick a fight to drive the thread off of into a tangent. The thread must have struck some kind of nerve with you for you to be working so hard to do that. How about we just agree to disagree and go our separate ways.

If you want to explain yourself, that is your choice. If you don't want to explain yourself, that is also your choice. But don't expect to make such far reaching claims and not get called out on it.

There are thousands upon thousands of retailers out there who you would find equally offensive (some probably more so) by doing the same thing. The problem is that this is the exactly the kind of marketing the masses crave (despite those here that say they abhor it). Can anyone say "JC Penney"?

It takes a smart consumer like yourself to know the market price for something before, during and after a "sale". Kudos to you for recognizing it.

It's a dishonest marketing ploy. That "thousands of retailers", including RCCL, use it doesn't make it any less shady. In fact, there are several states/cities that have passed legislation banning the retail practice.

We've been cruising long enough to remember the days when cruise pricing was easy to understand - high season, low season, holiday sailing ($100 more per pax) and early booking (lowest price guaranteed if booked 6 months or longer prior to sale date). TAs were permitted to discount fares and offer any amenities they chose to get your business. No phony "sales" offered by the cruise lines. Ah, the good old days!