Re-deployment Star to the Ruby

tjcletsgo

Hello, I received an email from Princess saying my 10 day Sea of Cortez cruise was substituting the Ruby for the Star. The email said the changes would be complete July 19th. We'll it's the 19th and my cruise still has not been updated. My TA says they are behind. Is anyone else waiting for the change?

We got ours yesterday and it didn't work out well for us. Ours is a B2B South America Emerald to Star. Leg 2 is fine - equivalent cabin and price. Leg 1 we were moved from forward to aft (this is fine) but the port fees and taxes were $170 HIGHER!!! How can this be right? I have registered my complaint and expect to hear back today. Hopefully as others get their email the folks in CA will fix this!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any news or information, when the new deployment for winter 2018/19 is finalized?

The entire winter deployment of Emerald Princess is fully visible, she nearly only sails the 15 night Hawaii sailings from/to Los Angeles throughout the 2018/19 season.

When will Ruby and Star be open for booking?

And is Star Princess ending up in Fort Lauderdale in March 2019 after her South America season?

All I can say is they are still making the adjustments. For the last hour they have been tweaking one of my bookings for Apr. 2019 (almost corrected, but they applied both goodwill credits to this one cruise). The prior B2B cruise hasn't been touched yet.

JF- Princess may have had 1000 passengers to shift around but that is not really booked passenger's problem. Princess chose to do this and passengers already having paid deposits shoukd hardly be expected to be sympathetic to any delays. This was a business decision on Princess's part and should occur as a expeditiously and with as little inconvenience to passengers as possible. No, we should not be grateful and cut them a break as they figure out the logistics. They should be apologizing for delays and inconveniences to passengers. Or perhaps they should call United Airline's CEO for advice

Edited by kdowneymd
spelling errors

We got ours yesterday and it didn't work out well for us. Ours is a B2B South America Emerald to Star. Leg 2 is fine - equivalent cabin and price. Leg 1 we were moved from forward to aft (this is fine) but the port fees and taxes were $170 HIGHER!!! How can this be right? I have registered my complaint and expect to hear back today. Hopefully as others get their email the folks in CA will fix this!

Probably Ruby is in a different class from Star and being charged more in ports. But whether it is proper to be passed on these additional port charges is another story that Princess needs to explain to booked passengers.

I had to fix our cabin (shift one more over to have exact location desired). Luckily it was still available! Oh and our taxes were $5 more per person. It is an expensive cruise but we are going with friends. So we will keep the booking. Plus I like the Ruby. We really like SHARE so looking forward to that again.

The Ruby is larger than the Star

I'm assuming that's the reason for the increase in port taxes and fees

We have a long time to monitor prices

Good luck resolving the second cruise on your B2B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, I received an email from Princess saying my 10 day Sea of Cortez cruise was substituting the Ruby for the Star. The email said the changes would be complete July 19th. We'll it's the 19th and my cruise still has not been updated. My TA says they are behind. Is anyone else waiting for the change?

when is your cruise? I'm on the Sea of Cortez April of 2018 and have not heard anything. I also have an aft facing balcony room that the star doesn't have

It's Feb 19th, 2019 and she just got it updated an hour ago:cool:

thank you hopefully it won't affect our cruise. We were on the Star Princess in Feb.round trip Hawaii and the Capt. Michele Tuvo was the best Captain we have ever had on any of our 40+ cruises. He was always out and about talking to passengers and photo bombing pictures. We loved him.

thank you hopefully it won't affect our cruise. We were on the Star Princess in Feb.round trip Hawaii and the Capt. Michele Tuvo was the best Captain we have ever had on any of our 40+ cruises. He was always out and about talking to passengers and photo bombing pictures. We loved him.

We are on the reverse side and got moved to the Star from the Ruby. Hopefully he'll still be on the Star next year. He sounds like a great Captain.....:):):)

Bob

Got the move over from Star to Ruby a few days ago. All is fine. Yesterday I checked Princess website and both of my cruises are now available to book. I guess that means all move overs on these 2 cruises have been completed.

Ruby 12/15/18 Mexico

Ruby 3/17/19 Ca Coastal

Got the move over from Star to Ruby a few days ago. All is fine. Yesterday I checked Princess website and both of my cruises are now available to book. I guess that means all move overs on these 2 cruises have been completed.

Ruby 12/15/18 Mexico

Ruby 3/17/19 Ca Coastal

We will be joining you on your Mexico cruise. My move over was more fraught with problems - like switching to a 3 day hold that almost cost us our reservation - but finally appears straightened out. Glad yours was hiccup free.