Price of RCCL insurance? Recommend?

I realize the price depends on the price of your cruise but wanted to know if there is somewhere where I could find the "breakdown" of prices without having to call RCCL.

Also, would you all recommend RCCL's insurance or an outside insurance company?

First, any insurance is better than not having any at all. A friend of ours has decided to join us on our upcoming Oasis cruise. He has booked a superior balcony stateroom as a single traveler and RCIs insurance is about $160. We are staying in an OS and purchased our insurance from a well known outside provider. Our cost was about $550. Our coverage is much better than his. Having said that, probably RCIs policy will serve his needs.

Ray

First, any insurance is better than not having any at all. A friend of ours has decided to join us on our upcoming Oasis cruise. He has booked a superior balcony stateroom as a single traveler and RCIs insurance is about $160. We are staying in an OS and purchased our insurance from a well known outside provider. Our cost was about $550. Our coverage is much better than his. Having said that, probably RCIs policy will serve his needs.

Ray

Remember to get medical evacuation insurance. I used Squaremouth.com

I realize the price depends on the price of your cruise but wanted to know if there is somewhere where I could find the "breakdown" of prices without having to call RCCL.

Also, would you all recommend RCCL's insurance or an outside insurance company?

This was the premium schedule for RC's insurance back in 2014:

$0 USD - $500 USD $29 USD

$501 USD - $1,000 USD $59 USD

$1,001 USD - $1,500 USD $89 USD

$1,501 USD - $2,000 USD $119 USD

$2,001 USD - $2,500 USD $159 USD

$2,501 USD - $3,000 USD $199 USD

$3,001 USD - $3,500 USD $259 USD

$3,501 USD - $4,000 USD $299 USD

$4,001 USD - $4,500 USD $339 USD

$4,501 USD - $5,000 USD $379 USD

$5,001 USD - $5,500 USD $419 USD

$5,501 USD - $6,000 USD $459 USD

$6,001 USD - $6,500 USD $539 USD

$6,501 USD - $7,000 USD $569 USD

$7,001 USD - $7,500 USD $599 USD

$7,501 USD - $8,000 USD $639 USD

$8,001 USD - $8,500 USD $679 USD

$8,501 USD - $9,000 USD $709 USD

$9,001 USD - $9,500 USD $749 USD

$9,501 USD - $10,000 USD $789 USD

$10,001 or Greater $799 USD

The premium is based solely on the cost of the cruise.

We almost used them, but read poor reviews about their claims service.

We opted for TravelEx (through insuremytrip), as their medical is always primary. It cost $130 for 3, including 50,000 medical and 500,000 evacuation. :)

We almost used them, but read poor reviews about their claims service.

We opted for TravelEx (through insuremytrip), as their medical is always primary. It cost $130 for 3, including 50,000 medical and 500,000 evacuation. :)

Thank you for posting that! I will definitely check them for our next cruise.

Thank you for posting that! I will definitely check them for our next cruise.

Have used RCCLs insurance and the part we used was for medical reasons and cancelled the trip after final payment but before we sailed. We always received everything that was in penalty, cruise fare, flight, . Only insurance cost was not refunded and tax and port changes refunded immediately via RCCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We stopped using private insurance and started getting RCI insurance when we reached a certain age and the price of the private insurance climbed higher than I found acceptable. Saying that we have some sort of insurance through dh's work and I checked with our health insurer that they will reimburse foreign medical but to remember to get copies of medical notes not just the codes (might be different codes). Nothing perfect but it's better than nothing.

We stopped using private insurance and started getting RCI insurance when we reached a certain age and the price of the private insurance climbed higher than I found acceptable. Saying that we have some sort of insurance through dh's work and I checked with our health insurer that they will reimburse foreign medical but to remember to get copies of medical notes not just the codes (might be different codes). Nothing perfect but it's better than nothing.

Will they cover air evacuation? Most insurances don't

trip insurance store online has an easy spreadsheet of coverages to compare. i always get the global assist plus i believe it is. 75% cancel for any reason and crazy amounts like 500K for health/helicopter etc

my 2000 dollar cruise is less than 200 bucks and my 6000 dollar cruise was about 360 if i recall.

DO NOT buy RCCL insurance! My mother (at age 92) was knocked down by a sliding glass door on a cruise, breaking her hip and a wrist. After medevac, 2 surgeries and 18 months of rehab finally was able to return home. Cost of medevac from Honduras alone was $30,000. She has not seen a dime 2 years later! And she was driving before the accident and living alone! (Yes I hope I have her genes). Lawsuit in progress but they are stalling hoping she will pass away, I'm sure. Funny thing is, the inspector hired by the attorney got hit by the same door while he was inspecting it a year later! You would think RCCL would be anxious to settle.

DO NOT buy RCCL insurance! My mother (at age 92) was knocked down by a sliding glass door on a cruise, breaking her hip and a wrist. After medevac, 2 surgeries and 18 months of rehab finally was able to return home. Cost of medevac from Honduras alone was $30,000. She has not seen a dime 2 years later! And she was driving before the accident and living alone! (Yes I hope I have her genes). Lawsuit in progress but they are stalling hoping she will pass away, I'm sure. Funny thing is, the inspector hired by the attorney got hit by the same door while he was inspecting it a year later! You would think RCCL would be anxious to settle.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.