Coastal KItchen for Junior Suites?

Did anyone mention the service and attitude to the manager in charge? It clearly states JS are able to eat in there at Dinner only. We are going in April on Allure and it will be interesting to see if we have a problem. If we do then I will try to talk to someone about it but that is wrong the way some of these hostess or host are making JS guests feel out of place.

It’s subject to availability. Full suites and Pinnacle guests get preference. That poster was upset that the only available time was 8:00 and he wanted earlier. From the tone of his numerous rants I have no doubt he gave the hostess a hard time which caused her reaction.

Did anyone mention the service and attitude to the manager in charge? It clearly states JS are able to eat in there at Dinner only. We are going in April on Allure and it will be interesting to see if we have a problem. If we do then I will try to talk to someone about it but that is wrong the way some of these hostess or host are making JS guests feel out of place.

I did not speak with a manager. I do not like confrontation or causing a scene....especially when I am on vacation.

It’s subject to availability. Full suites and Pinnacle guests get preference. That poster was upset that the only available time was 8:00 and he wanted earlier. From the tone of his numerous rants I have no doubt he gave the hostess a hard time which caused her reaction.

I do not know the poster you are referring to, but I can only attest to what happened to us. We were extremely nice to both the man and woman we talked to at the host stand. I did not argue or question them. My husband and I were both smiling at them the entire time and we were perfectly fine with the one time that was available. We certainly did not give anyone a hard time or do anything to cause the reaction of a laugh and a smirk. At the end of the day, we just didn't feel "welcome" and did not appreciate how they treated us like we didn't belong becuase we were "just" Junior Suite guests.

We were in JSs for all 4 OA cruises that we took. We were able to book the evenings we wanted to book in CK. On our last two cruises, we two ladies in our party went up to CK shortly after we boarded (leaving our hubbies in the DL to watch the luggage) and were able to book all 7 nights at 8 PM. It is easier to get a CK table later in the evening on ships leaving from Port Canaveral because there is a great demand for early seating. We like 8 PM and this works to our advantage.

We had great service on all 4 OA cruises and really had a terrific M'aitre D and Hostess team on this cruise. I really never cared about having to knock on the door. I told everyone that I pretended that I was going to a Speakeasy during Prohibition.

• 2 years later...

I was in a junior suite on Harmony and my experience with CK was very similar.  Our card did not open door and we had to knock or follow someone in.  Makes you feel very much like a second class citizen.  On Celebrity, junior suites can access Luminae at all times.  Much nicer experience. No reservations necessary!

2 hours ago, nusailor said:

I was in a junior suite on Harmony and my experience with CK was very similar.  Our card did not open door and we had to knock or follow someone in.  Makes you feel very much like a second class citizen.  On Celebrity, junior suites can access Luminae at all times.  Much nicer experience. No reservations necessary!

There are no "junior suite" equivalents on Celebrity.  All Suites are Suite class and have access to Luminae.   

As others have said, yes, you can enjoy dinner there, subject to availability. When we cruised Allure last year we did not have an issue getting a 7:30/8pm dinner time (our preference) so it could be that there are easier times to get a reservation. I do agree with others in that it stinks that we have to wave at the hostess to let us in, but by night two they knew who we were (DH is a ham) and it was fine the rest of the cruise. Just be sure to go up after boarding and get the process started 😉 It really is a great perk, the food is good, and the room/views beat out the MDR any night.

Edited by GetToLivin

4 hours ago, nusailor said:

We always sail in a JS and we enjoy CK so much that knocking doesn't bother me.  I just pretend we're going to a Speakeasy 🤣

15 hours ago, nusailor said:

On Harmony the CK is combined with the Suite Lounge so it is all restricted access.  You are allowed to dine in CK if in a JS by reservation and with space availability.  Those are clearly the well-explained rules when you are in a JS.  So why is this making you feel like a second-class citizen?  If you want different rules allowing full access then just buy a more expensive suite next time - that is your choice.  Yes on Celebrity all suite guests at every level get to enjoy both Luminae and unrestricted beverages in the Suite Lounge/Michael's Club.  This can be a very good deal compared to a JS on RC on occasion.

13 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

There are no "junior suite" equivalents on Celebrity.  All Suites are Suite class and have access to Luminae.   

Sorry, guess I should have said sky suites on Celebrity... they are the smallest suites available much like Jr suite on RCL.  

9 minutes ago, nusailor said:

Sorry, guess I should have said sky suites on Celebrity... they are the smallest suites available much like Jr suite on RCL.  

The major difference is that Sky Suites are really full suites and come with full suite privileges.   Junior Suites are suites in name only and do not get the full suite benefits (lounge access, etc.).  So I really think of a Junior Suite as an over sized balcony stateroom. 

Full disclosure =-= my wife and I sail in Sky Suites on Celebrity; Gran Suites on the Oasis and Quantum Class and Junior Suites on Freedom Class and smaller.  We have sailed in other staterooms but have settled on these being our preference.